Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets are the only team in the NFL without

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    the jets are going to have the worst offense in the NFL this season. lock it up

When the Jets FINALLY win another SuperBowl, this guy will be complaining that they barely won. Lock it up.

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    This place is insane.

You have a QB on the roster who we traded up in the draft to get and is currently earning 3.25 in guaranteed salary this year and 8.25 guaranteed next year. How about he starts making some of the skill players around him better? After all, that is what QB's are paid to do.
    Here is your post... You want our QB to make the players around him better... You said jackass, I'm not putting words in your mouth. I absolutely agree that he has to stop turning the ball over and aniticpate open recievers. However he is not a HOF QB and only HOF QBs make the players around them BETTER!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    When the Jets FINALLY win another SuperBowl, this guy will be complaining that they barely won. Lock it up.
    BigdanNJ is a douchebag giant fan, lock that up

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    It's good to know that people are finally
    Last year for the first time our Qb had to deal with some real deficiencies on the team and with three games left he had the chance to help lift the team into the playoffs, he played some of his worst ball in the last number of games.

Have some balls and have some actual accountability for his play rather than making lame excuses. Bad oline play, bad WR's, bad Running game had zero to do with him making a terrible pick 6 throw last game.
    It really is amazing isnt it. Realistically, Sanchez should have only been sacked twice last week. Sure Wayne Hunter is a liability but to see D'Brick is a bust threads after last week is a complete joke and knee jerk reaction. It also looked to me like Turner had enough of a step on his man for Sanchez to get him the ball but he's not "elite" so we cant hold the QB accountable for the atrocious throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Here is your post... You want our QB to make the players around him better... You said jackass, I'm not putting words in your mouth. I absolutely agree that he has to stop turning the ball over and aniticpate open recievers. However he is not a HOF QB and only HOF QBs make the players around them BETTER!!!!!!
    LOL okay. You are right only HOF QB's make players around them better .

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    LOL okay. You are right only HOF QB's make players around them better .
    Laurent Robinson sure looked good last year with Tony Romo as his QB. What were his stats in prior years? Is Tony Romo a HOF QB?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    found the link and article

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Anxious Jets fans decry the team's lack of playmaking. Some point at quarterback Mark Sanchez (pictured); others blame the porous offensive line. But the answer may be more simple: Playmaking requires playmakers, and the Jets don't seem to have any.

The Jets are the only NFL team without a single running back, wide receiver or tight end who has either scored nine or more touchdowns in a season or was a top 20 NFL draft pick, according to Stats LLC. And despite posting just 18 offensive plays of 30 or more yards, the team still opted for defensive lineman Quinton Coples with the 16th overall pick in the 2012 draft.

General manager Mike Tannenbaum has failed to strike playmaking gold out of lower draft slots. Tight end Dustin Keller (30th overall pick in 2008) has never found the end zone more than five times in four Jets seasons, and his career touchdown total is less than the 17 registered just last season by New England Patriots 2010 second-round pick Rob Gronkowski. Tailback Shonn Greene (65th overall pick in 2009) relies on power, but he finished 30th in the league last season with just 2.23 yards after contact per rushing attempt.

The Jets invested heavily in receiver Santonio Holmes when re-signing him as a free agent in 2011. Holmes rewarded them with a career-best eight touchdowns—a total still bettered 60 times by receivers since he entered the league in 2006. Furthermore, Holmes's 12.8 yards per reception ranked 43rd last season among receivers with 40-plus catches.

The Jets did trade up in April for wide receiver Stephen Hill, a size (6-foot-4) and speed (4.3 40) freak who fell to the second round. But Hill seems unlikely to have the immediate playmaking impact that the Jets desperately need, considering he caught just 49 passes in his collegiate career.

Here are the NFL teams with the fewest number of running backs, tight ends or wide receivers who have either scored nine or more touchdowns in a season or were top-20 draft picks.

TEAM NUMBER Players
    Jets 0 N/A

Browns
    1 Trent Richardson

Colts
    1 Reggie Wayne

Rams
    1 Steven Jackson

Bengals
    2 A.J. Green, BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Bears
    2 Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall

Bills
    2 Stevie Johnson, C.J. Spiller

Ravens
    2 Ray Rice, Anquan Boldin

Redskins
    2 Tim Hightower, Santana Moss

Steelers
    2 Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Wallace
    Vikings 2 Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin

Dolphins 2 Steve Slaton, Reggie Bush

Raiders 2 Darren McFadden, Darrius Heyward-Bey

Source: Stats LLC
    Why 9? Because the article doesn't make sense if it's 10? Always be suspicious of artificial numbers like this. Why top 20? Why not top 15? Or first round? What is magic about 20? Peculiar and seems to be creating an forced agenda....

Jets Insider VIP
    It's good to know that people are finally acknowledging that Sanchez is utter garbage unless he has a top 5 running game, oline and defense and that he was not at all responsible for the back to back AFC title games. That is essentially what you are saying right?

There have been tons of good QB's who have hidden deficiencies on their teams whether it be oline, wr or defense. It's very very rare that a team is strong in all of those areas and that is what makes the great Qb's in this league great and the mediocre ones mediocre.

Manning has had terrible olines, brady has had no name WR's and terrible defenses. Rogers has had bad olines and bad defenses. Rothlisburger has had bad pass blocking olines.

Last year for the first time our Qb had to deal with some real deficiencies on the team and with three games left he had the chance to help lift the team into the playoffs, he played some of his worst ball in the last number of games.

Have some balls and have some actual accountability for his play rather than making lame excuses. Bad oline play, bad WR's, bad Running game had zero to do with him making a terrible pick 6 throw last game.
    Beer man I love you... I do, you are a very good poster...

But people are missing the point I am making; of course QBs far better than Sanchez may ever be have helped their teams win games when those teams shouldn't, that is OBVIOUS!!!

What I am saying is that folks including the Jets FO are asking Sanchez to do what NO ONE IN NFL HISTORY HAS DONE that is perform at a championship level when he has 1) a poor OL, 2) average to below average RBs and 3) WR's who can't get sepration from the defense!!!

See in all the examples you mentioned in your post the QBs didn't have to face the triple obstacles that the Jets are asking Sanchez to currently do and in fact when those QBs did have those problems guess what, they didn't win.

And what I mean by winnning is not have a good team out there I mean winning it all, that is the SB.

For example, Breese had an excellent OL, good RB and quality WRs when they won the whole thing and that is'nt a coincidence my friend.

Folks running the Jets call Sanchez out like these are NOT problems and we are in "win now" situation as to the offensive talent on the team is concerned.

Support, remember when Rex said Sanchez calling a time out in the first half of a Pats game was the "WORST PLAY IN NFL HISTORY!!"

They are in many ways by not addressing these issues are setting up Sanchez as the scapegoat when these problems need to be corrected!!!

As I have stated before the fact we have a great defense will not solve the three problems that I outlined above.

Let me repeat this; THIS IS NOT A DEFENSE OF SANCHEZ!!

Any QB under center for the Jets would have problems because of these offensive defects. I say fix them because the truth is no one has ever won a SB with them...

And guess what I am a Jets Fan not necessarily just a Sanchez fan......
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-22-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Rookie
    It's good to know that people are finally acknowledging that Sanchez is utter garbage unless he has a top 5 running game, oline and defense and that he was not at all responsible for the back to back AFC title games. That is essentially what you are saying right?

There have been tons of good QB's who have hidden deficiencies on their teams whether it be oline, wr or defense. It's very very rare that a team is strong in all of those areas and that is what makes the great Qb's in this league great and the mediocre ones mediocre.

Manning has had terrible olines, brady has had no name WR's and terrible defenses. Rogers has had bad olines and bad defenses. Rothlisburger has had bad pass blocking olines.

Lahey, how about you stop with the revisionist history.

Manning hasn't had terrible o-lines.... and, by the way, he's won one SB, when he had a good running game and his defense played lights out throughout the playoffs.

Brady had Moss, Welker and Ochocinco.... hardly "no names". And, by the way, he hasn't won sh*t, since they had a good defense.... offense did not win the 3 SBs..... that was cheating and a good defense.

Rogers is a great athlete, so he does mask some o-line deficiencies.... but he had a TOP 3 defense when he won the SB.

Big Ben is also a great athlete, masking some deficiencies.... but he has ALWAYS had a good/great running game and a good/great defense, when they have won the SB.

NO QB does it by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    What I am saying is that folks including the Jets FO are asking Sanchez to do what NO ONE IN NFL HISTORY HAS DONE that is perform at a championship level when he has 1) a poor OL, 2) Average to below average RBs and 3) WR's who can't get sepration from the defense!!!
    The OL has issues with the RT, I would say that the entire OL is poor. RB's is a toss up. I like what Greene can do but Powell is a question mark and, frankly, I have seen enough of McKnight to know he should not be on this team once his contract is up. As for WR's, I'd say the jury is still out. I dont know why there is all this talk of not being able to get seperation from the defense. There are three issues that may be perpetuating this thought: the lack or seemingly lack of time for the QB, the fact that defenses are sitting on all the short routes and Sanchez's inability to be consistently accurate with the ball.

Sanchez, while not to blame for all issues, can be held accountable for his fair share. He does have the ability to make players around him better and should have not been taken as a franchise QB if the FO doubted his ability to do this.

Would you guys be happy if we brought back LT, signed Chad Johnson, Ronnie Brown and Clinton Portis? that would give us four guys who have had 9+TDS.

When the Jets have guys that are old with big career numbers SOJF's complains that we need to get younger and faster. When we go out and get younger and faster on offense (Hill, Kerley, Mcknight, Tebow, Schilens, Turner) SOJF's complain that we don't have enough older vets that have racked up big time numbers.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    BigdanNJ is a douchebag giant fan, lock that up
    So, he's just another troll....... ah, it all makes sense, now.

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    A single WR, RB, or TE who has ever scored 9 or more tds in a season or drafted in the top 20! No playmakers on offense. Holmes has scored 8tds twice I believe so he is the closest.

The browns only have one and it is Trent Richardson who they just drafted. This was from a WSJ article will try to get the link later. There were other teams with only one also, I believe the rams with Stephen Jackson was another one.
    Really who gives a crap? Just because you go early doesn't mean your a good player. How many 1st round TEs has this team drafted in the last 30 years? Have any of them ever really been worth the draft pick?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Right, because the type of QB you mention are so easily available. Please let everyone know what tree these guys grow on so the we can go pick one.

Harvin was also not a top 20 pick or had 9 TD season. 8 was his bast and that was with 2 TD returns.

[QUOTE=Laxman;4559975]Lahey, how about you stop with the revisionist history.

Manning hasn't had terrible o-lines.... and, by the way, he's won one SB, when he had a good running game and his defense played lights out throughout the playoffs.

Yes he has had bad olines. Can you say Tony Ugoh?

Brady had Moss, Welker and Ochocinco.... hardly "no names". And, by the way, he hasn't won sh*t, since they had a good defense.... offense did not win the 3 SBs..... that was cheating and a good defense.

Ochocinco? Ha ha ha ha! Look at the year before Welker arrived and after Branch got traded. He had total jags that year.

Rogers is a great athlete, so he does mask some o-line deficiencies.... but he had a TOP 3 defense when he won the SB.

Yeah, and the jets might very well have a top 3 defense this year.

Big Ben is also a great athlete, masking some deficiencies.... but he has ALWAYS had a good/great running game and a good/great defense, when they have won the SB.

No one is at all disputing this but your answers just confirm the things some of us have been saying, really good Qb can mask deficiencies on your team. Mediocre to poor Qb's can't. When people say, 'How do you expect the Qb to be any good if he has a bad oline, poor D, poor WR's bad running game.

The answer is no one expects the Qb to make a play when the RT whiffs 5 times a game. no one expects him to make a play when the running game gets stuffed or the Wr drops a pass.

What we do expect is for him to make a play when things go right. when we do get good blocking, when the Wr gets open, when a play is to be made. Very simply on those type of plays sanchez is just not good enough. He makes poor throws, he feels pressure that is not there, he is very poor at escaping the rush despite having the physical ability to do so.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4560099]

Ochocinco? Ha ha ha ha! Look at the year before Welker arrived and after Branch got traded. He had total jags that year.

No one is at all disputing this but your answers just confirm the things some of us have been saying, really good Qb can mask deficiencies on your team. Mediocre to poor Qb's can't. When people say, 'How do you expect the Qb to be any good if he has a bad oline, poor D, poor WR's bad running game.

The answer is no one expects the Qb to make a play when the RT whiffs 5 times a game. no one expects him to make a play when the running game gets stuffed or the Wr drops a pass.

What we do expect is for him to make a play when things go right. when we do get good blocking, when the Wr gets open, when a play is to be made. Very simply on those type of plays sanchez is just not good enough. He makes poor throws, he feels pressure that is not there, he is very poor at escaping the rush despite having the physical ability to do so.

Sanchez was good enough his first two years. So what happened? Could it be the level of play around him declined?

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4560099]

the problem that a lot of people here have, is that they enjoy sitting back and criticizing sanchez for not being an elite qb. most qbs aren't elite and never will be. there's no point in flogging the guy b/c he's not a top 10 qb. there are only 10 of them and all the others aren't.

and for all these other teams, they try to make the OFFENSE as good as possible to compensate for this. the jets, on the other hand, keep drafting defense and plug in retreads in key RT and TE blocking positions, bring in problem wrs and use mediocre RBs in their power running game. there's no committment to developing the offense. they just think that sanchez will mature and elevate the rest of the offense b/c he was a high first round draft pick.

Nothing like starting the season with a MUST WIN game. If we lose to duh Bills we risk the real likelihood of going into Miami 0-2 ... with Tebow mania in full blown rage, before heading west to take on the 49ers.

It's do our die for the Jets out of the box.