Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mike & Mike predict Jets to finish 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    2 years ago we were on hardknocks, revis was holding out, braylon had his drunk driving bull, everybody was not picking us, everybody was killing us as usual...
    We actually never get credit. When we were 11-5 in 2010 most talking heads on the radio were critical because they thought we were beating bad teams by small margins. The Jets are one of those franchises that garner very little respect.

As for Greenie, he is a a very annoying listen. He licks Belichick's ass all the time. Two weeks ago when Plax was in NE for a try out he was gushing at the brilliance of Belichick for bringing in another red zone threat.

In May at the same time he was questioning the Jets draft, he was gushing that the Pats had the best draft in the league.

I know he is supposed to be a Jets fan but I find him quite annoying.

Besides Pittsburgh, San Fran, Houston and New England---we have one of the softer schedules in the NFL. If we can't do better then the Mikes prediction--we will really suck. I expect we will really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Besides Pittsburgh, San Fran, Houston and New England---we have one of the softer schedules in the NFL. If we can't do better then the Mikes prediction--we will really suck. I expect we will really suck.
    Unfortunately, our schedule is front-loaded with tough games. And, of we get off to a slow start, I don't see Rex as the kind of coach who will keep it all together and rally the troops for a strong finish. They'll come completely unglued.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Unfortunately, our schedule is front-loaded with tough games. And, of we get off to a slow start, I don't see Rex as the kind of coach who will keep it all together and rally the troops for a strong finish. They'll come completely unglued.
    that assumes we are glued at some point. I dont see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I intentionally didn't post a link to their "two-a-day" from today because I don't want anyone wasting their time listening to it. Greeny is becoming extremely difficult to listen to this summer and he's a supposed Jets fan. I'm no optimist this year, but this guy is being ridiculously pessimistic and, even worse, seems to find humor in it. Oh, and he also predicts Tebow will be starting at QB by the 9th game. Whatever, man.
    Unfortunately, the way things are currently going he could be right.

The lack of attention Tanny has given problem areas on the team is extremely bothersome to most any fan, including Greenie. Have you been reading this board? Many posters are ready to jump off a building.

Mike Greenberg is a Jets fan and he'll likely never change his colors. He wants what he deems is best for the NYJ, just like any other fan.

And lets be honest about this, is he really all that wrong? He watches the offense go in the tank immediately in PRESEASON of all things, that's when offensive success is supposed to come easy. He sees how poor the blocking has been. He sees how poorly Sanchez has responded under such conditions.

So what hope is there in this? That Tanny manages to pull a rabbit out of his hat and suddenly the Jets become juggernauts? Not likely.

The only way this gets fixed is by adding more talent on offense. A RT and a WR at the very least is what we need.

If that happens? Then maybe Greenie will change his tune.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    and I'm starting to seriously dislike B&C. all they do is talk about the Jets, and it is pretty damn annoying.
    In a normal world, this would be a good thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    That was my prediction in the prediction thread that was posted here recently. I wonder if they cribbed off my test? Actually the way the team has played, 6-10 seems a little optimistic to me. I thought they could split with Buffalo now I don't see how with Buf's DL. It is going to be a battle for 3rd place with the Fins.

Oh and they're right about Tebow but it won't take as long as the 9th game - more life the 5th, after all the really hard defenses kill Sanchez, then Tebow will sail in.

Jets Insider VIP
    My first instinct is to say "this from the clown that picked us 10-6 last year...good." However, maybe it's the same thing as when I picked against the jets every single game after the Falcons fiasco in 2009. Maybe he's looking for some kind of reverse jinx kind of thing. If you listen to Mike and Mike, Greeny takes pride in never being right about anything he predicts. Then again...maybe I've thought about this too much. In any event, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    You're like SAR at this point... Just repeating the same post over and over, day after day...
    No worries.

The Blind Homer Cult promised us a 12 win season.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Their D will keep them in most games. They will finish a minimum of 8-8. If their offense shows up from time to time then 11-5 is realistic. They will be fighting for a playoff spot.
    I do not think the offense will sxck as bad as most people believe,with that I havent seen a top ten defense in these first 2 games. After 2 pre season games we are around 20th in points allowed,we seem to allow a lot of pass yards,Maybin,looks weak against anybody.Our linebackers are slow. I am very disappointed in our defense. Two years ago this defense scared teams,I do not see anyone being scared of the Jets. The bengals defense looked more like the Jets old defense then the Jets defense. We might be strong against the run but who in our division is going to depend on the run. Not New England,Not Buffalo.Not Miami.

All League
    I think we're going 8-8 again

Greeny just parrots what ever he hears on ESPN from Steven A and Skip Bayless. I don't think he watches football at all. His SB predictions are always well off and he can't even name the players he is talking about most of the time. Greeny actually was talking like he thought Cro WAS the 2nd best WR on the team. Neither think much of Sanchez and that is the bottom line. If you think Sanchez is thrash this is a 6-10 team. If you think he can put up even average #s and pass for more then 10 yards on 3rd and long 10-6. If you think he is a stud 13-3. Don't hear many saying 13-3 but 10-6 seems plausible with our cake schedule.

Oh just to add so far they have said 10 teams finish with under 6 wins and still haven't done a lot of teams.

Wins: Buff x2, Mia x2, Tenn, Jax, Indy, St.L, Ariz, Seat = 10

Losses: NE x2, Pitt, SF =4

??: Hou, SD =2

Nothing definite, but doable. Not AFCE champs though unless Brady dies.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Wins: Buff x2, Mia x2, Tenn, Jax, Indy, St.L, Ariz, Seat = 10

Losses: NE x2, Pitt, SF =4

??: Hou, SD =2

Nothing definite, but doable. Not AFCE champs though unless Brady dies.
    Right, but right now Buffalo, Tennessee and Seattle are probably writing a "W" next to "New York Jets" on their pocket schedules too.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Right, but right now Buffalo, Tennessee and Seattle are probably writing a "W" next to "New York Jets" on their pocket schedules too.
    Buff is hot garbage. I am seriously more scared of Miami stealing one. Tenn will be starting a rookie. It is Tenn so that is no gimme. 1st pass to Revis and he will learn why teams do not pass vs us. Likely the same with Seattle who many are saying are a 2-14 team right now. Unless Carroll pulls a rabbit out of his butt that is a win.

Buff have a choker track record. Tenn is going with Locker at QB (think Sanchez is bad?). And Seattle? Do they even have a QB? Flynn looks like what? Pete Carroll is not exactly a great coach.
    I think the Jets are OK. Just OK, not champs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed. NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE is afraid of the JETS. Why should they be.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    How can any of you listen to ANY sports talk radio? I worry about you... it is dumbasses telling you what to think. There isn't anything dumber. If I listen to five minutes of it, and I'm changing the freakin' channel of putting a CD in the player or turning to music or news. Sports talk is for people who can't/won't/don't watch the games and come up with their own conclusions, and need to be told what to think of sports, and given conclusions that aren't always correct and predictions that almost NEVER are. Count me as one who never listens to that garbage.

I agree with those that say that our low ceiling is 6-10. That is if the offense never gels and the OL continues it's struggles, and the D just loses hope late in the year. Worse if key players go down to injury and the refs pile on.

I also agree that 8-8/9-7 is highly probable given our SOJ history of losing games we're supposed to win (and get unreasonable bashing/mockery) and winning games we're supposed to lose (and get unreal hype/hatred). That would be with the D playing as well as it should, the O just never finding itself, and the refs disrespecting us on a few close games.

And I also agree that if our OL problems are fixed, the WRs and QB gel, the RBs produce, the D plays up to its outstanding potential and the refs give us some fair calls... this team can go between 10-6 and 13-3.

That, of course, is why they play the games. It's professional football.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 08-23-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    We actually never get credit. When we were 11-5 in 2010 most talking heads on the radio were critical because they thought we were beating bad teams by small margins. The Jets are one of those franchises that garner very little respect.

As for Greenie, he is a a very annoying listen. He licks Belichick's ass all the time. Two weeks ago when Plax was in NE for a try out he was gushing at the brilliance of Belichick for bringing in another red zone threat.

In May at the same time he was questioning the Jets draft, he was gushing that the Pats had the best draft in the league.

I know he is supposed to be a Jets fan but I find him quite annoying.
    Agreed, Greenberg is an embarrassment as a Jet fan, he acts as if we havent made the playoffs in 20 years...If you're going to be a national sports personality can't you ever show a little positive support for your team? He goes right along with the national media's hatred for us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    How can any of you listen to ANY sports talk radio? I worry about you... it is dumbasses telling you what to think. There isn't anything dumber. If I listen to five minutes of it, and I'm changing the freakin' channel of putting a CD in the player or turning to music or news. Sports talk is for people who can't/won't/don't watch the games and come up with their own conclusions, and need to be told what to think of sports, and given conclusions that aren't always correct and predictions that almost NEVER are. Count me as one who never listens to that garbage.

I agree with those that say that our low ceiling is 6-10. That is if the offense never gels and the OL continues it's struggles, and the D just loses hope late in the year. Worse if key players go down to injury and the refs pile on.

I also agree that 8-8/9-7 is highly probable given our SOJ history of losing games we're supposed to win (and get unreasonable bashing/mockery) and winning games we're supposed to lose (and get unreal hype/hatred). That would be with the D playing as well as it should, the O just never finding itself, and the refs disrespecting us on a few close games.

And I also agree that if our OL problems are fixed, the WRs and QB gel, the RBs produce, the D plays up to its outstanding potential and the refs give us some fair calls... this team can go between 10-6 and 13-3.

That, of course, is why they play the games. It's professional football.
    100% agreed, they all suck