Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mike & Mike predict Jets to finish 6-10

Greenie is somewhat of a rarity, he's a realistic Jet fan.

Quote Originally Posted by dco20 View Post
    Greenie is somewhat of a rarity, he's a realistic Jet fan.
    I disagree about the rarity part, I think most Jet fans are realistic, I haven't listened to him recently but hes always annoyed me over the years with his "poor me, Jets are a laughingstock" routine, we have been a top ten team for over 15 years, occasionally as a super bowl contender, nothing wrong with that. He feeds into the whole"Jets suck" image we have by always belittling the team

Top 10 team for over 15 years? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Top 10 team for over 15 years? Really?
    Go through team records since '98, I'd think we are in the top 10 of win percentage

Actually go back to '97

If you go by just AFC, we've been the 5th best franchise since '97

Pats
    Steelers
    Broncos
    Ravens
    Jets

Top 5
    The only team that might be debatable is the Chargers but we beat them twice in the playoffs and they are a much worse choking franchise than we are

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    If you go by just AFC, we've been the 5th best franchise since '97

Pats
    Steelers
    Broncos
    Ravens
    Jets

Top 5
    The only team that might be debatable is the Chargers but we beat them twice in the playoffs and they are a much worse choking franchise than we are
    Forgot the Colts, alright # 6 in the AFC, #12 overall if you're being fair
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 08-23-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Is it #12 or Top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Is it #12 or Top 10?
    I diidn't calculate winning percentages, just looked at franchises and who appeared to be most successful, in that I'd say # 12, in winning pct we may be higher than teams like Stl, Denver, so we could be top 10, don't know...btw we are 128-112 .533 in the reg season during that time (averages out to a little better tha 8.5 W - 7.5 L over 15 yrs
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 08-23-2012 at 04:35 PM.

8.5 - 7-.5 the best 15 yr stretch in our sad franchise history

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfrantik View Post
    I would rather go 0-16 than watch Tim Tebow play quarterback for my team, The Famous New York Jets. You think were the laughingstock now...
    "Famous"? When? 1968? You gotta take the good with the bad...lots of bad. It's the Jets. 'nough said. You cheer on your team no matter who's at QB. Doesn't mean you gotta be happy about it or demand better from ownership and Mngmnt., but you still chear the players on.

Jets Insider VIP
    I diidn't calculate winning percentages, just looked at franchises and who appeared to be most successful, in that I'd say # 12, in winning pct we may be higher than teams like Stl, Denver, so we could be top 10, don't know...btw we are 128-112 .533 in the reg season during that time (averages out to a little better tha 8.5 W - 7.5 L over 15 yrs
    St Louis and Denver won SB's and here we are...43 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    St Louis and Denver won SB's and here we are...43 years later.
    Yea no shlt, thats why I counted them ahead of us...

Forgot the Colts, alright # 6 in the AFC, #12 overall if you're being fair
    I just want to point out that BP is the only real coach we have had in that time frame. I still like Rex but he needs to be less of the players best bud and more into whats happening on the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yea no shlt, thats why I counted them ahead of us...
    Late to the game..played golf, wore my REX golf shirt that I bought in Cortland at training camp. Got my balls broken ALL DAY. Wearing a JETS golf shirt in a southern country club. I am a real fan. One too many beers at the end so I missed your total post.

Forgive me Father for I have sinned... I chose the Jets over the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Late to the game..played golf, wore my REX golf shirt that I bought in Cortland at training camp. Got my balls broken ALL DAY. Wearing a JETS golf shirt in a southern country club. I am a real fan. One too many beers at the end so I missed your total post.

Forgive me Father for I have sinned... I chose the Jets over the Giants.
    Yea, I know what u mean we are the punching bag for everyone, seems like some things never change...

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Et tu, cpa? Why the hate? lol

Preseason, eh. Time to tinker. Seens 4-0 preseason then disaster Seen 0-4 and great seasons.
    Some of the team is not even playing.
    10-6 and I'm not a homer.
    You do not have to win pre season games ,but you need to show promise. Last week ,after the Jaquars W/o MJD ran at will against the giants we could not do crap. So it is a vanilla offense.If you have talent you win some battles. Right now I see us fighting against the Cards for number 1.In the draft. Our def. is good but it is not 2009 great,offense even all healthy 10 points a game

8.5 - 7-.5 the best 15 yr stretch in our sad franchise history
    barely over .500......certainly nothing to thump your chest about.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Buff have a choker track record. Tenn is going with Locker at QB (think Sanchez is bad?). And Seattle? Do they even have a QB? Flynn looks like what? Pete Carroll is not exactly a great coach.
    I think the Jets are OK. Just OK, not champs.
    Locker looks good tonight and he has Johnson behind him

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    barely over .500......certainly nothing to thump your chest about.
    Did you read the "sad franchise history" part? Nobody here is thumping their chest, Dillweed