Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike & Mike predict Jets to finish 6-10

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    I'll take Boomer and Carton over those 2 idiots anyday of the week.
    They all collectively suck. I can't listen to Carton for one minute without wanting to slap him upside the head. He's a smug, juvenile punk. Greenie has the whiny schtick down to a painful cliche, while Golic is a blustering babbler. Boomer is okay out of the lot, but he can't make up for his dismal partner. JMHO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    does a 6-10 season give us a top 5 draft pick? i want Logan Thomas from VT. He's a Cam Newton type but bigger.
    The JETS have a QB that can win a championship given the rest of the pieces are in place. Those pieces were close to in place in his first two years and he was part of a team that came very close to getting to a SB. Damien Woody, Thomas Jones, Alan Fanaca, Cotchery, B Edwards, all better players than we currently have, all were not replaced.

We do not need a new QB, the one we have if good enough, not great, but good enough. Presently he is not going to elevate others around him but with a good OLINE, Wrs, and RB he can be the QB that gets us to, and wins us a SB.

First, we need a solid to great OLINE. we dont, its really the end of the story. We are currently looking for a starting RT, something that should have been addressed immediately after last season.

We should not waste a 1st pick on a new QB, it will be the same story until our offense becomes more important to the HC and the OLINE is upgraded

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphins x 2
    Colts
    Rams
    Jags
    Cardinals

I think 6-10 is the absolute floor...11-5 is the ceiling, 9-7/8-8 is the probable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The t
    alking heads are all morons. I am quick to point out the Jets shortcomings but they are still a STRONG potential playoff team. I don't think the can win the AFC by any stretch but get into the playoffs - yes.
    They are a 10-6 team - the beneficiary of a semi soft schedule. 11-5 not impossible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    The t
    alking heads are all morons. I am quick to point out the Jets shortcomings but they are still a STRONG potential playoff team. I don't think the can win the AFC by any stretch but get into the playoffs - yes.
    They are a 10-6 team - the beneficiary of a semi soft schedule. 11-5 not impossible.
    So...we are saving all of our touchdowns for the real season?

I have spoken to fans of the Browns, Texans, Bucs, Bills , they all feel like you do. Well, someone has to be wrong.

Do you own a mirror?

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Greeny is a fan. He is frustrated like the rest of us.

Perhaps what he hopes will happen and what he thinks will happen are two different things.

It is frustrating having everyone sh!t all over the Jets, but 2 years ago everyone was picking us, with good reason, and we were happy as hippos. So you have to take the good with the bad.
    And this the hallmark of a sane and reasonable Jets fan. Unfortunately, there are far too few of us......too few realists and too many homers and/or fans of only one of our QBs.

As an intelligent Jets fan, you can hope, root, and cheer for a Super Bowl but also see the reality that this is a flawed team and expect a performance on par (or possibly) worse than last year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    So...we are saving all of our touchdowns for the real season?

I have spoken to fans of the Browns, Texans, Bucs, Bills , they all feel like you do. Well, someone has to be wrong.

Do you own a mirror?

Et tu, cpa? Why the hate? lol

Preseason, eh. Time to tinker. Seens 4-0 preseason then disaster Seen 0-4 and great seasons.
    Some of the team is not even playing.
    10-6 and I'm not a homer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    And this the hallmark of a sane and reasonable Jets fan. Unfortunately, there are far too few of us......too few realists and too many homers and/or fans of only one of our QBs.

As an intelligent Jets fan, you can hope, root, and cheer for a Super Bowl but also see the reality that this is a flawed team and expect a performance on par (or possibly) worse than last year.
    True. Acknowledging your team has flaws does not make you a bad fan. Questioning moves the front office makes does not make you a bad fan. There are fans that ONLY focus on the negative, as well as fans that think everything is always great. It is what it is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Dolphins x 2
    Colts
    Rams
    Jags
    Cardinals

I think 6-10 is the absolute floor...11-5 is the ceiling, 9-7/8-8 is the probable.
    You look at this team and think thats the floor. You need glasses. We literally do not have one playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. I think 6 wins as the team stands right now is the ceiling. We better fix RT now and these receivers and Greene better act like the greatest show on turf.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My question is, why doesn't Rex understand(as a defensive minded coach) that the Offense starts in the trenches? I mean his exotic blitz packages are predicated on beating a good O line. Even if he doesn't know anything else about offense he should know that. And as far as him only caring about D, he must see that lack of O production is a detriment to his D. He must realize that the D wore down at the end of games last season due to being on the field too long. That's the reason for his ground and pound theory, to keep the D fresh.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    You look at this team and think thats the floor. You need glasses. We literally do not have one playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. I think 6 wins as the team stands right now is the ceiling. We better fix RT now and these receivers and Greene better act like the greatest show on turf.
    Agreed. This defense cannot carry this team if they are on the field all the time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fix the RT so Sanchez has 3 - 4 seconds to throw a couple deep balls to Hill. Keep the opposing D honest, loosen up the underneath, and have less defenders in the box, and the O will have a little easier time making things work.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lance... You are a very strong poster out here who flies under the radar because you don't post that much.

Hence this prediction acually worries me!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    My question is, why doesn't Rex understand(as a defensive minded coach) that the Offense starts in the trenches? I mean his exotic blitz packages are predicated on beating a good O line. Even if he doesn't know anything else about offense he should know that. And as far as him only caring about D, he must see that lack of O production is a detriment to his D. He must realize that the D wore down at the end of games last season due to being on the field too long. That's the reason for his ground and pound theory, to keep the D fresh.
    Ummmm this...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    They all collectively suck. I can't listen to Carton for one minute without wanting to slap him upside the head. He's a smug, juvenile punk. Greenie has the whiny schtick down to a painful cliche, while Golic is a blustering babbler. Boomer is okay out of the lot, but he can't make up for his dismal partner. JMHO.
    He's trying to get laughs and isn't serious.

You would think that some might actually get it by this time.

Nothing lamer than a circle jerk complaining about the media.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the worst I think we'll do is 6-10, based off the 6 games I listed. Those 6 games, however bad our offense is, should be fairly easy games. All of those teams have their own offensive issues and none of which have nearly the defense we do. So yeah, I'd say 6 wins is the floor.

This isn't even counting the Bills twice, the Chargers coming across country, the Niners coming across country (and aren't exactly the greatest show on turf), and the Texans who we've owned (and at home).

I don't disagree with your assessment of the team, I just think the schedule is so favorable that we will sleep walk to 6 wins.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    After what we've seen so far, wouldn't you?

In the offseason I was thinking 10, maybe 11 wins. Now I'm between 7-9 and 9-7, leaning more towards 7-9, 8-8. 6-10 isn't too far off from that. This offense is just putrid. It makes 2009's offense look like the 2007 Patriots and let's face it, that was a 8-8 team (Thanks Indy). A change needs to be made.
    No, I would not. Don't care about pre-season. My feelings only change when we lose guys to injuires during the pre-season. Stop listening to talk radio

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He's trying to get laughs and isn't serious.

You would think that some might actually get it by this time.

Nothing lamer than a circle jerk complaining about the media.
    I was referencing their style, not what they're predicting. If you like listening to these empty morons who talk about some inane nonsense for twenty minutes then break for five minutes of commercials, go for it. It's horrible.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I predicted 7-9 so I can't say I really disagree with them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I predicted 7-9 so I can't say I really disagree with them.
    Last year we beat NO ONE with a winning record NO ONE so why would all these kool aiders argue with Mike and Mike.

When Rae Caruth was arrested for murder years ago here in Charlotte, his mom was screaming on TV "My Rae's a good boy".

Wonder if Rae's mom is a JETS fan.