Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike & Mike predict Jets to finish 6-10

Veteran

Mike & Mike predict Jets to finish 6-10

I intentionally didn't post a link to their "two-a-day" from today because I don't want anyone wasting their time listening to it. Greeny is becoming extremely difficult to listen to this summer and he's a supposed Jets fan. I'm no optimist this year, but this guy is being ridiculously pessimistic and, even worse, seems to find humor in it. Oh, and he also predicts Tebow will be starting at QB by the 9th game. Whatever, man.

Hall Of Fame
    Greeny is a fan. He is frustrated like the rest of us.

Perhaps what he hopes will happen and what he thinks will happen are two different things.

It is frustrating having everyone sh!t all over the Jets, but 2 years ago everyone was picking us, with good reason, and we were happy as hippos. So you have to take the good with the bad.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... who do they predict is playing RT? ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Perhaps what he hopes will happen and what he thinks will happen are two different things.

It is frustrating having everyone sh!t all over the Jets, but 2 years ago everyone was picking us, with good reason, and we were happy as hippos. So you have to take the good with the bad.
    You weren't on the board 2 years ago.. I have never seen this board when the majority were happy as hippos.. Fat as hippos maybe but definitely not happy..

Greeny is not a real Jets fan (or he may be.. but he is not a die hard football fan ... i think is is really into tennis and badmitten).. he is probably playing good cop bad cop with Golic. I have always felt it was part of his character on the show and that is it. I cant stand his schtick either ... particularly the smug supposed teasers he ends every single portion of his show with before commercial break. Like I care what he thinks 'the most important thing about anything is' ...lol. I flip between wfan and espn in the morning because that is all there is .. and I wait for a decent guest appearance on both shows.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-22-2012 at 08:49 AM.

I'll take Boomer and Carton over those 2 idiots anyday of the week.

After what we've seen so far, wouldn't you?

In the offseason I was thinking 10, maybe 11 wins. Now I'm between 7-9 and 9-7, leaning more towards 7-9, 8-8. 6-10 isn't too far off from that. This offense is just putrid. It makes 2009's offense look like the 2007 Patriots and let's face it, that was a 8-8 team (Thanks Indy). A change needs to be made.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You weren't on the board 2 years ago.. I have never seen this board when the majority were happy as hippos.. Fat as hippos maybe but definitely not happy..
    LOL. Fair enough.

2 years ago, I felt great about the team. Only question mark for me was Sanchez but I had faith that we would handle him properly and not put too much on his plate. Then he went the first 5 games without throwing an INT and I though we had our QB and that season was going to be a coronation.

How things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

2 years ago we were on hardknocks, revis was holding out, braylon had his drunk driving bull, everybody was not picking us, everybody was killing us as usual...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    I'll take Boomer and Carton over those 2 idiots anyday of the week.
    B & C all day. Mike and Mike are dead to me 6-10 my a$$. These guys suck.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    After what we've seen so far, wouldn't you?

In the offseason I was thinking 10, maybe 11 wins. Now I'm between 7-9 and 9-7, leaning more towards 7-9, 8-8. 6-10 isn't too far off from that. This offense is just putrid. It makes 2009's offense look like the 2007 Patriots and let's face it, that was a 8-8 team (Thanks Indy). A change needs to be made.
    The 09 team was closer to a 13-3 team then an 8-8 one. If the defense knew how to hold on to a lead we'd have won the division.

Jaguars
    Falcons
    Miami x2

All games we lost on the final play of the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken08 View Post
    B & C all day. Mike and Mike are dead to me 6-10 my a$$. These guys suck.
    Ok...end of season, we will see. I am at 9 and 7.

Veteran
    after the performances for the first 2 weeks, I've been saying 6-10 as well.

as for the morning talk show stuff, I've never liked mike & mike, and I'm starting to seriously dislike B&C. all they do is talk about the Jets, and it is pretty damn annoying.

Jets Insider VIP
    If Greeny is right about sticking with Sanchez until week 9, yes we will be 6-10. The sooner we make the switch to tebow, the more games we will win this season.

Rookie
    I would rather go 0-16 than watch Tim Tebow play quarterback for my team, The Famous New York Jets. You think were the laughingstock now...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfrantik View Post
    I would rather go 0-16 than watch Tim Tebow play quarterback for my team, The Famous New York Jets. You think were the laughingstock now...
    Then you are not a Jets fan. Go root for another team.

Worst radio show at the moment. I'd rather listen to Cowherd or Rome than listen to these idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfrantik View Post
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-22-2012 at 09:19 AM.

All League
    Their D will keep them in most games. They will finish a minimum of 8-8. If their offense shows up from time to time then 11-5 is realistic. They will be fighting for a playoff spot.

Love Mike and Mike. I will say this. Greenie is ESPN's version of Joe Beningo. He's never had a good day in his life.