Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Austin Howard Our Starting RT?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    I really want to believe that Hunter is Injured. But after the Giants game, I just want to call him bad. HE DOESN'T EVEN HOLD!!! HE LETS HIS QB GET KILLED!!
    In Hunter's defense, it's hard to hold when you don't even touch the rusher as he blows by you.

Just saying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Seen this a couple places now after last night...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Don't be surprised if Austin Howard gets more and more time at right tackle for the Jets and winds up as the starter. Howard has impressed.

Thoughts on this?

Are we ok with this?

Is this going to be a problem going forward?

Is Howard really better than Hunter?

We are ****ed.

Stephen Hawking is better than Hunter, so yes. Its an upgrade.

Why the hell not?

He can't be worse than Hunter. It's ridiculous it wasn't that way out of camp. It's preposterous Hunter was given 2.5 million guaranteed at all.

Hey, I can breathe well, too. Where's my 2.5 million, Woody?

Is Howard good enough to be a capable starter at RT - nobody knows at this point. But he is young and will get better with experience.

We do know that after 9 years, Hunter is as good as he'll ever get. And regardless of his physical skills (which most say are impressive) the guy's confidence is now shot. Furthermore there's a target on his back so other teams will be going after him, making the situation even worse. As a consequence I'd like to see him as an (expensive) backup OG this season.