Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez Isn't Exactly Surrounded by Star Power

Yes...and once Sanchez is out the Jets will bring in Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Jerry Rice in his prime and put up forty a game....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    It doesn't change the fact that if Sanchez was magically transferred to any other team in the league right now he would be competing for the backup job.

Seriously... with all the QB shuffling and drafting this year he is probably the worst starting QB in the league.
    Do you really believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Not this early in his career, no QB in his first 3 years is expected to do this. Eventually yes, now, no.
    3 years?
    See Dan Marino, Joe Montana, John Unitas, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, John Elway. Troy Aikman. And there a bunch of others on top of this.
    Sanchez is a middle of the pack QB in the league. Will he develop? Phil Simms took awhile as did Eli Manning. Both were a lot tougher minded than Sanchez.

Fans making excuses for Sanchez's shortcomings is getting old. He isn't a good QB end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Do you really believe that?
    I was thinking he is bottom 5 just the other day. Cardinals, Browns are the only teams that I am sure of having worse QBs

All Pro
    I like Mark and I am one of the few who still believe that he can flip the switch and become a top 10 QB in the league, but if things don't pan out this season I'm down for scrapping this offense and starting over... I think we all are tired of the lack of production on offense, and if something's broke it should be fixed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I like Mark and I am one of the few who still believe that he can flip the switch and become a top 10 QB in the league, but if things don't pan out this season I'm down for scrapping this offense and starting over... I think we all are tired of the lack of production on offense, and if something's broke it should be fixed.
    I don't think Mark will ever be Top 10.

But then, I also don't think he needs to be for the Jets to win it all.

However, without weapons on offense, which he currently doesn't have nearly enough of, winning it all won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    I was thinking he is bottom 5 just the other day. Cardinals, Browns are the only teams that I am sure of having worse QBs
    He's roughly bottom 10. It's hard to say because there are a lot of teams (e.g. Cleveland, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Washington, Indianapolis, Miami, Cincinnati, Tennessee) starting young, unproven players who may or may not be better than he is. Though I'm pretty certain Luck, Griffin, and Bradford will be better than Sanchez, we don't have enough information to say that just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't think Mark will ever be Top 10.

But then, I also don't think he needs to be for the Jets to win it all.

However, without weapons on offense, which he currently doesn't have nearly enough of, winning it all won't happen.
    that's the real issue. with new england, they don't have to keep drafting offensive weapons b/c brady is so elite he'll make everyone better. plus they have welker and gronk. that's enough star power there. but the worse your qb is, the more you need the guys around him to pick up the slack to make the OFFENSE better. it's not just about the qb, it's the offense. christian ponder may not be a star but he's got harvin and AP to shoulder the load. sanchez has jags right now. the rbs are average at best, as are the Tes. holmes is an above average wr talent whose attitude may not be worth it after this season. hill is intriuging but is a raw rookie. aside from a few tebow scrambles the offense is shaping up once again to be greene up the middle, holmes and keller slants and hitches, with kerley and turner/white sprinkled in. the only difference is that hill and schillins may go deep.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    He's roughly bottom 10. It's hard to say because there are a lot of teams (e.g. Cleveland, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Washington, Indianapolis, Miami, Cincinnati, Tennessee) starting young, unproven players who may or may not be better than he is. Though I'm pretty certain Luck, Griffin, and Bradford will be better than Sanchez, we don't have enough information to say that just yet.
    Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees

Manning
    Manning
    Romo
    Stafford
    Newton
    Vick
    Rivers
    Ryan
    Roethlisberger
    Cutler
    Schaub

Those are the only QBs I'd definitely take over Sanchez to start this season. The young QBs haven't shown me anything yet to jump Sanchez. I'm not buying Flacco and Alex Smith as being better. Sanchez finally has rid himself of that horrid Schottenheimer system. He's been reunited with a deep threat.

Year 4, big test, here we go CAN'T WAIT

Play makers or not he has guys capable of making 20 plus yard plays. Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Keller, McKnight, and Schil all have enough ability to get him yards. There is 0 reason he can't put up average QB #s with that group. We aren't asking him to lead the league in passing yards. If he looks like he did in the in the 1st 7 games last year I'll be happy. He just needs to sustain that. 5.1 ypa vs teams like Buff and Washington are just not exceptionable. 7 INTs in the last 3 games also. He fell apart last year in a PO race and it showed. His 3rd down % went from in the high 60s to low 50s in just a few games. I can live with a 3600 yard season as long as he is moving the ball on 3rd downs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Play makers or not he has guys capable of making 20 plus yard plays. Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Keller, McKnight, and Schil all have enough ability to get him yards.
    I stopped reading there.

Holmes, Kerley, Keller and McKnight couldn't do it last year, how are they going to all of a sudden start doing it? Hill is raw. I think people are expecting WAY too much from him here in 2012. And Schilens can't get on the field. Hard to produce when you're on the sidelines in street clothes.

Hill is raw. I think people are expecting WAY too much from him here in 2012.
    I can't believe he's starting. He didn't play in anything resembling an NFL offense in college and ran about three or four routes all year. He may well be a downfield threat long-term but he's just not ready at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees

Manning
    Manning
    Romo
    Stafford
    Newton
    Vick
    Rivers
    Ryan
    Roethlisberger
    Cutler
    Schaub

Those are the only QBs I'd definitely take over Sanchez to start this season. The young QBs haven't shown me anything yet to jump Sanchez. I'm not buying Flacco and Alex Smith as being better. Sanchez finally has rid himself of that horrid Schottenheimer system. He's been reunited with a deep threat.

Year 4, big test, here we go CAN'T WAIT

These top 10 guys are all better:
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Eli Manning
    Tom Brady
    Ben R.
    P. Manning
    Cam Newton
    P. Rivers
    Stafford
    Matt Ryan

These next top 10 all have more natural talent (and I'd take over him):
    M. Vick
    T. Romo
    Flacco
    Cutler
    Schaub
    Dalton
    Freeman
    Bradford
    Luck
    Griffin

Sanchez belongs in this 3rd tier of guys (I'd put him at the top though):
    Locker
    Palmer
    Fitzpatrick
    Alex Smith
    Matt Cassel
    Matt Flynn
    Matt Moore
    Chad Henne
    John Skelton
    McCoy/Weedon
    Christian Ponder

BTW - This the way most NFL fans see things too... only on Jets forums do people think he's a top 15 QB...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    I can't believe he's starting. He didn't play in anything resembling an NFL offense in college and ran about three or four routes all year. He may well be a downfield threat long-term but he's just not ready at this point.
    Exactly. And exactly why I was hoping the Jets would have given Braylon a shot this year at least. That would have given Hill more time to develop the right way and would have given Sanchez a familiar and reliable target until Hill is ready. Not to mention that Hill probably could have learned a few things by watching Edwards in action. To me, Edwards is in the mold of what Hill will become in terms of skill set. Not to say Hill wouldn't have seen the field. But he could have been integrated into the offense in a more tempered fashion.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    These top 10 guys are all better:
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Eli Manning
    Tom Brady
    Ben R.
    P. Manning
    Cam Newton
    P. Rivers
    Stafford
    Matt Ryan

These next top 10 all have more natural talent (and I'd take over him):
    M. Vick
    T. Romo
    Flacco
    Cutler
    Schaub
    Dalton
    Freeman
    Bradford
    Luck
    Griffin

Sanchez belongs in this 3rd tier of guys (I'd put him at the top though):
    Locker
    Palmer
    Fitzpatrick
    Alex Smith
    Matt Cassel
    Matt Flynn
    Matt Moore
    Chad Henne
    John Skelton
    McCoy/Weedon
    Christian Ponder

BTW - This the way most NFL fans see things too... only on Jets forums do people think he's a top 15 QB...

I don't think it's outrageous to put Sanchez ahead of Dalton, Freeman, Bradford and RGIII...but we'll see how 2012 plays out. It's a big test, it's do or die for his career...

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    They both have no love to give to teamates, all the love goes to themselves.
    " I LOVE ME SOME ME!"

Jets Insider VIP
    Exactly. And exactly why I was hoping the Jets would have given Braylon a shot this year at least. That would have given Hill more time to develop the right way and would have given Sanchez a familiar and reliable target until Hill is ready. Not to mention that Hill probably could have learned a few things by watching Edwards in action. To me, Edwards is in the mold of what Hill will become in terms of skill set. Not to say Hill wouldn't have seen the field. But he could have been integrated into the offense in a more tempered fashion.
    Are you saying that the JETS front office may not have thought it through? Really? I'm shocked.

mark is supposed to be the star power.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    mark is supposed to be the star power.
    well he isn't. does that mean they shouldn't stockpile offensive weapons to help out the offense? it's as if the front office bailed on the offense when they saw sanchez wasn't a star, and figured they needed to win with a suffocating defense.