Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow will be starter by week...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I call BS....look you Tebow lubbin' douchenozzles...the season hasn't even freakin' started and you're calling for Sanchez's head...cripes let'em play a few games at least then start this freakin' crap up.
    not a fan bro. if we can;t figure out how to use offensive players properly that's Rex's fault

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't understand why so many want to totally disregard this discussion. I'm anything but a Tebow fan, but let's not act like this is just a totally proposterous situation.

Our first 5 games: Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Miami, San Francisco, Houston

If we're in a hole and Sanchez is playing poorly, you really don't think that Tebow will be thrown in as the starter?

You really think that in that situation Rex and Tanny are going to remain faithful to the BS that Tebow was brought in strictly as a wildcat option and protector on special teams?

Okay, have fun with your heads buried in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't understand why so many want to totally disregard this discussion. I'm anything but a Tebow fan, but let's not act like this is just a totally proposterous situation.

If we're in a hole and Sanchez is playing poorly, you really don't think that Tebow will be thrown in as the starter?

You really think that in that situation Rex and Tanny are going to remain faithful to the BS that Tebow was brought in strictly as a wildcat option and protector on special teams?

and we historically play like **** when traveling west

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    not a fan bro. if we can;t figure out how to use offensive players properly that's Rex's fault
    Tim Tebow will be starter by week... One... at RT. Rex keeps saying he's "a football player." Damn good thing he bulked up!

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

Good post. It is very relevant.

Personally, i get the feeling Sanchez will keep his starting job for this year. Rex, and the FO have said time, and time again that Mark is their man. For sheer stubbornness, i could see them riding Mark till 2013 when they will probably all get canned.

To yank Sanchez, i think it would take a WHOLE lot of pick 6's and ints.

Week 10, but could happen as early as Week 3.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Tim Tebow will be starter by week... One... at RT. Rex keeps saying he's "a football player." Damn good thing he bulked up!
    let me clarify a cpl o things, I'm not suggesting the proper way to play Tebow is at QB, quite the contrary. I want someone to explain why we would not play him like a Groncowski (which is still to be determined ... ).

aand, lets not confuse potential what if cause for concern scenarios with predictions

Thank you

That's why the Bills game is so important. If we drop that, we're staring a very realistic 1-4 start right in the face. Rex says Sanchez is his guy, but if the team was 1-4 and with the media scrutiny and pressure on him, who knows what could happen. You have to think Sanchez's numbers will look mediocre early on given some of the opposing Ds he will be facing.

So week 6 would be the earliest it could happen, but I'd be really disappointed if they made this move.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

IMO, Houston is the best team out of the first 5 you mentioned. They're loaded!!! I believe they challenge NE for the #1 seed overall in the AFC.

Imagine if the Jets begin 1-5. Sanchez starts the next game with a pick. The crowd will be CHANTING for Tebow. Rex puts him in and he rallies the offense to a TD.

What are the chances Tebow does NOT start the next game ?

Jets Insider VIP
    If Hunter gets Sanchez hurt on Sunday against the Panthers, then the answer is Week 1.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Buffalo - at home and vastly overrated. W

Pittsburgh - Offensive line woes worse than ours, injuries on an aging defense, star RB coming off of major surgery, star WR still not in camp. W

Miami - nuff said W

San Fran - great team but travelling across country to play us at 11:00 a.m. their time. Alex Smith had a great run at the end of the year but in general he sucks worse than Sanchez. We can stop Frank Gore. It's going to be Ugly but - another W.

Houston - I expect big things from them this year - L

So I've got them at 4-1

Hall Of Fame
    The only thing that might keep Tebow from starting is who are they going to bench Tebow for when he ends up sucking? I don't think they would go from Sanchez to Tebow and then back to Sanchez again. And if they start Tebow at any point during the season they are basically ending the Mark Sanchez era.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    LMAO amazing !

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    If Hunter gets Sanchez hurt on Sunday against the Panthers, then the answer is Week 1.
    And if he survives week 1 ... Week 2 ... Second half Mc Elroy starts...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post

Pittsburgh - Offensive line woes worse than ours, injuries on an aging defense, star RB coming off of major surgery, star WR still not in camp. W

Miami - nuff said W

San Fran - great team but travelling across country to play us at 11:00 a.m. their time. Alex Smith had a great run at the end of the year but in general he sucks worse than Sanchez. We can stop Frank Gore. It's going to be Ugly but - another W.

So I've got them at 4-1

Kindly pass the crack pipe.

Untouchable's post was spot on.

Conspiracy Theroy

Ok, hear me out. I am in no way a Tebow fan, and I think we will always stand the best chance of winning as long as Tebow is nowhere near center.
    I am wondering if the NY Jets organization feels the same way. Why in the world would they deliberately trade a draft pick to aquire a QB Controversey? What they did is aquire a back up QB who cannot play the position, is more of a novelty than anything else, and is the NFL's largest living athletic circus. I firmly and truly believe that the NY Jets are infatuated with Tim Tebow for what reason I cannot fathom, however, they seem to be unable to figure out how to replace the incumbent starting QB with Tebow gracefully so that nobody criticizes them, especially after extending Sanchez' contract after Tebow's aquisition. Then one day, it came to them. They realized that if Mark were to get injured, they would be forced to play Tebow. So how can we insure that Mark gets injured without it looking purposeful, criminal, or any combination thereof?

Wayne Hunter.

It is so obvious. The NY Jets have not upgraded this position so that they can replace Mark Sanchez with Tim Tebow after injury, and not have to endure the badgering and criticizms of the media and fanbase. I cannot fathom any other reason why the same people that assembled and coached this franchise to 2 AFCC games would be dumb enough to go into a regular season with Hunter as starting RT.

LOL, I know this sounds crazy, but stuff like this is fun to think and talk about. I wanted to call Sean's show Sunday and talk about this on the air but I had to hang up due to getting vertigo from listening to the echo throughout the entire broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post

Miami - nuff said W

So I've got them at 4-1

If you have us at 4-1 through that stretch, who left on our schedule would actually beat us? The Pats? No one else we play remainder of season but Pats was better than .500 last year. So you think we're going 13-3 or something like that? Cool story.