Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Thread: Tim Tebow will be starter by week...

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,869
    Who ****ing cares. The best QB will play. Just win games.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Who ****ing cares. The best QB will play. Just win games.
    So you think Tebow is the long-term answer? Because if we bench Mark for him, that means the Sanchez era is over. And need I remind you our GM traded up to #5 in the draft to make Mark Sanchez a 10+ year franchise QB.

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,849
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    So you think Tebow is the long-term answer? Because if we bench Mark for him, that means the Sanchez era is over. And need I remind you our GM traded up to #5 in the draft to make Mark Sanchez a 10+ year franchise QB.
    I don't think that Sanchez or Tebow is the longterm answer.

    And as for your second point, who cares?

    I'm pretty sure the Lions drafted Joey Harrington in the hopes that he was going to be their franchise QB for 10+ years. Same with the Texans and David Carr, the Jags with Byron Leftwich, the Redskins with Jason Campbell, the Titans with Vince Young, the Cardinals with Matt Leinart, etc.

    Let's face the facts, the majority of QB's taken in the 1st round don't work out.

    But teams keep at it because everyone is searching for their own Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

  4. #44
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    So you think Tebow is the long-term answer? Because if we bench Mark for him, that means the Sanchez era is over. And need I remind you our GM traded up to #5 in the draft to make Mark Sanchez a 10+ year franchise QB.
    If our franchise quaterback cannot beat out Tim Tebow, then I have no problem with him playing. As far as long term? See previous statement. If Sanchez cannot get the job done then you find someone that can. Yes they traded up and made a big move. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. It would be a big swing and miss. With thy said, you can't sit and mope around. You have to find someone to get the job done. Certainly not going to want someone to start just because they traded up.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't think that Sanchez or Tebow is the longterm answer.

    And as for your second point, who cares?

    I'm pretty sure the Lions drafted Joey Harrington in the hopes that he was going to be their franchise QB for 10+ years. Same with the Texans and David Carr, the Jags with Byron Leftwich, the Redskins with Jason Campbell, the Titans with Vince Young, the Cardinals with Matt Leinart, etc.

    Let's face the facts, the majority of QB's taken in the 1st round don't work out.

    But teams keep at it because everyone is searching for their own Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.
    What this guy said

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    So you think Tebow is the long-term answer? Because if we bench Mark for him, that means the Sanchez era is over. And need I remind you our GM traded up to #5 in the draft to make Mark Sanchez a 10+ year franchise QB.
    +1

    Time will tell if Tebow is the best QB for this team, right now. But if he ends up starting games this year minus injury to Sanchez, then it's a sad day for all Jets fans.

    This thread has merit given what we've seen as fans, but the best hope for this team to have any kind of sustained success rests with #6.

    And as others have said, the Buffalo game is the biggest opener for this franchise since the '07 season. Jets had the Pats at home with a chance at redemption for the playoff loss the year earlier. Jets were blown out and never recovered. BUF in Week 1 is a must-win.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    +1

    Time will tell if Tebow is the best QB for this team, right now. But if he ends up starting games this year minus injury to Sanchez, then it's a sad day for all Jets fans.

    This thread has merit given what we've seen as fans, but the best hope for this team to have any kind of sustained success rests with #6.

    And as others have said, the Buffalo game is the biggest opener for this franchise since the '07 season. Jets had the Pats at home with a chance at redemption for the playoff loss the year earlier. Jets were blown out and never recovered. BUF in Week 1 is a must-win.
    Yeah we'd be back to square nowhere if we're forced to bench Mark this year for poor performance. Think about how excited we all were after the 2010 playoff run. We thought we had the next stud QB. And Tebow as long-term answer, sorry, I've seen the guy throw and play, he can't be that guy.

    Might be a must win to avoid an early season tanking given tough sched, but given how the o-line has performed so far this preseason and the Bills talent on that d-line, I feel only somewhat confident. When they played us late in the season at MetLife, the gap between the teams was pretty small and we were fortunate that Stevie Johnson had a borderline unforgivable drop late that would have won them the game most likely. I think they improved more than we did in the offseason. We'll see.

    Maybe all of this is just pointless worrying and Sanchez comes out first few weeks and lights it up. One can hope

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,447
    Tebow doesn't give our team or any other team a better chance at winning. Not regular season games and certainly not a SB lol. He's good at running the ball, I hope he contributes by doing that and on ST's but the dude can't throw.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,112
    He starts the 2nd half of the week 1 game against Buffalo and never looks back.

  10. #50
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northport, LI
    Posts
    277
    Week 5

    We're 0-4 out of the gate. After 2012 Mark gets traded at a deep discount to Seattle. With Braylon, TO and Tate he lights up the AFC West.

    Same old Jets

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    I say 8 at the latest.

    What say you?

    Please don't flame or shout "DUMP," this is for those who believe Tebow will be starter at some point. I say we have two ****ty QBs who can't throw, so why not eventually start the one who can at least run? It worked in Denver last year.

    Team Tebow. Start the movement.
    Why would you say that. Tebow has been even worse than Sanchez. Much worse. If he replaces Sanchez it means our season is over because what everyone fails to realize is last year, when Tebow was getting all this recognition, if Denver's defense didn't play 56 minutes out of their mind there would be no such thing as Tebowmania. The guy had one or 2 drives per game and that was it! If their D played liek the year before every game would have been a blow out.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Tebow doesn't give our team or any other team a better chance at winning. Not regular season games and certainly not a SB lol. He's good at running the ball, I hope he contributes by doing that and on ST's but the dude can't throw.
    Tebow certainly cant throw the ball, and neither can Sanchez. If you want to say that "its the preseason, you're jumping the gun", youre certainly entitled to that opinion, and to be honest, i hope your right.

    However, look at the past 3 seasons of Sanchez. Can you honestly say that you have seen progression from year to year?

    He is a pick 6, drive stalling, deer in the headlights back there. Its very sad. I hoped for so much with Sanchez.

    Tebow is in NO sense a better passer, and i dont want him to be throwing much. I guess i think Tebow running the ball is a safer bet than Sanchez throwing Pick 6's all over the field every few weeks.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    Week 5

    We're 0-4 out of the gate. After 2012 Mark gets traded at a deep discount to Seattle. With Braylon, TO and Tate he lights up the AFC West.

    Same old Jets
    Well at least you're being positive about things...

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Won't happen unless Mark is injured. /thread
    I would also bet that by the end of the year, if Sanchez is pulled out, McIlroy is the new starter.

  15. #55
    this is a really dumb thread. sanchez is the starter. tebow is clearly second string. the jets had their one bounce pass qb in bubby brister and tebow's running is not going to revive the offense if they can't pass.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    I would also bet that by the end of the year, if Sanchez is pulled out, McIlroy is the new starter.
    that won't happen until this Tebow science project crashes and burns

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    this is a really dumb thread. sanchez is the starter. tebow is clearly second string. the jets had their one bounce pass qb in bubby brister and tebow's running is not going to revive the offense if they can't pass.
    I wouldnt start to panic unless we lose to duh Bills, that would be an uphill battle I'd rather not be dragged thru

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    I say 8 at the latest.

    What say you?

    Please don't flame or shout "DUMP," this is for those who believe Tebow will be starter at some point. I say we have two ****ty QBs who can't throw, so why not eventually start the one who can at least run? It worked in Denver last year.

    Team Tebow. Start the movement.
    All of this madness disappears as soon as Sanchez fakes a hand off to Greene and hits Holes on a 60 yd bomb against Buffalo. Until that game gets played IDGAS

  19. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Week2....this year if we don't fix the line....next year if we trade him, after this year to a QB needy (very needy) team.

  20. #60
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,793
    Week 22. Bet the house

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us