Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Jeff Otah being knocked into shape by LeCharles Bentley

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Wrong. Hunter has back issues and it's not just a fitness center:
    Back issues is an injury. That doesn't mean he's out of shape.

    Good to see that it's more than a fat camp. Still won't help Hunter from sucking.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    What was screwed up? Trade was conditional on him passing a physical and he wasn't able to pass one. He's still not able to pass one now either but good for him that he's working out in a gym in Cleveland.


    I love the amateur GM's on this board

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,137
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So who do we fire for fcking this one up?
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    What was screwed up? Trade was conditional on him passing a physical and he wasn't able to pass one. He's still not able to pass one now either but good for him that he's working out in a gym in Cleveland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    I love the amateur GM's on this board


    Get your sarcasm meters fixed.

    Stop piggy-backing.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post


    Get your sarcasm meters fixed.

    Stop piggy-backing.
    I find it funny you cry about piggy-backing, yet, I'll find up to 3 posts a day on this board from you where you've jumped in with a rotf smiley after somebody has addressed me in their post.

    You love to get on your little pedestal and preach, but you certainly don't practice it.

  5. #25

  6. #26
    I really would like to see Otah make it back and the Jets jump on it, it would allow the Jets to save any assets or resources for any trades they may be considering for other areas on the team, i.e. OT, WR, TE.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Back issues is an injury. That doesn't mean he's out of shape.

    Good to see that it's more than a fat camp. Still won't help Hunter from sucking.
    Oh I get it, he's in "great shape" with a bad back.

    Who besides you said Bentley's Academy is only for fat or out-of-shape players?

    It's also for injured or injury-prone players. Like Otah. Like Hunter.

    It's also for technical instruction.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I find it funny you cry about piggy-backing, yet, I'll find up to 3 posts a day on this board from you where you've jumped in with a rotf smiley after somebody has addressed me in their post.

    You love to get on your little pedestal and preach, but you certainly don't practice it.
    At least I don't get scolded by the mods.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    At least I don't get scolded by the mods.
    Now run home to Mommy and tell her what a good boy you are!!!!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    At least I don't get scolded by the mods.
    You're not exactly an angel around here...

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,137
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    You're not exactly an angel around here...
    Fair enough. But I am closer to heaven than some.

    Let's get back to topic. Nobody wants to sift through this BS.

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    At least I don't get scolded by the mods.
    There's a difference between having a sack and licking one.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,137
    To the rescue.

    Just like we hoped Otah would come.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    You're not exactly an angel around here...
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    There's a difference between having a sack and licking one.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Fair enough. But I am closer to heaven than some.

    Let's get back to topic. Nobody wants to sift through this BS.
    I hardly ever derail... But I'm pretty sick of seeing derailment from the same people...

    As far as the OP... A poster mentioned earlier he isn't going to change his stripes... Well, Hunter probably won't go from zebra to tiger either...So not much to lose if he can still be had in the next few weeks in better shape than when he first came in...

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,435
    Hunter back, ready to practice

    By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- One day after being excused from practice for an undisclosed personal reason, embattled RT Wayne Hunter was back with the Jets and will practice Wednesday afternoon, according to Rex Ryan.

    Hunter, coming off a poor performance Saturday night against the Giants, met with Ryan on Tuesday and didn't accompany the team to its evening practice at MetLife Stadium. He attended meetings earlier in the day. Ryan has been tight-lipped as to why he excused Hunter.

    Ryan denied an ESPN report that the Jets are looking for a right tackle. In reality, they've been looking for several months, evidenced by the aborted Jeff Otah trade. They intensified their efforts in recent days, exploring possible low- and mid-level trades. From all indications, though, Hunter probably will be the opening-day starter.

    In injury news, WR Santonio Holmes (ribs) and WR Jeremy Kerley, both of whom missed the first two preseason games, could play Sunday night against the Panthers, Ryan said. WR Chaz Schilens (ankle), NT Sione Pouha (back) and S Eric Smith (knee) are out.

    NO WILDCAT: Don't expect to see Tim Tebow running the Wildcat this week. Ryan said Tebow won't get any snaps with the starters.

    "We'll go with Mark (Sanchez), and then when it's time, we'll put Tebow (in) to close out the game," he said. "Do I see them in there together? No, I don't see that."

    The starters figure to play into the third quarter.
    .

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Oh I get it, he's in "great shape" with a bad back.

    Who besides you said Bentley's Academy is only for fat or out-of-shape players?

    It's also for injured or injury-prone players. Like Otah. Like Hunter.

    It's also for technical instruction.
    How does having a bad back equal being out of shape for you? An athlete can be in the best shape of his life and injure his back. Hunter is one of the strongest players on the Jets and is far from overweight.

    Otah was fat, overweight. That's why he went to the camp and has currently lost 12 lbs there.

    Also, how can a camp help "injured" players? That's rehabilitation, which this camp isn't about.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    So people think Tannenbomb will be able to negotiate a fair deal with Schwartz & Feinsod?


  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    There's a difference between having a sack and licking one.
    I'm guessing you have experience with both.

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    How does having a bad back equal being out of shape for you? An athlete can be in the best shape of his life and injure his back. Hunter is one of the strongest players on the Jets and is far from overweight?
    That means his back isn't healthy.

    I didn't say he was overweight or out of shape. You made that connection, not me.

    Otah was fat, overweight. That's why he went to the camp and has currently lost 12 lbs there.

    Also, how can a camp help "injured" players? That's rehabilitation, which this camp isn't about.
    It's for that too. Otah has knee issues just like Bentley.
    Last edited by jetrider; 08-23-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us