Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rams Host Vernon Gholston

Rams Host Vernon Gholston

The Rams recently hosted former Jets bust Vernon Gholston for a free agent visit.

St. Louis is looking to upgrade its nickel package behind Robert Quinn and Chris Long, giving Gholston and Andre Carter a gander. Gholston's early-career soft play and inability to pressure quarterbacks suggests he wouldn't help much.
    Adam Caplan via Twitter.

Discuss.

Well they already have some experience taking our garbage (Schotty).

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Adam Caplan via Twitter.

Discuss.
    I feel like I have been cheated on...

Hall Of Fame
    LOL.

This is setting up to be one helluva season.

Can you imagine this place if Bradford and Schotty light up our defense and Gholston sacks Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

This is setting up to be one helluva season.

Can you imagine this place if Bradford and Schotty light up our defense and Gholston sacks Sanchez.
    This guy gets it.

All League
    @STLouisRams
    #Rams have signed DE Vernon Gholston to a contract.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
    #Rams announced they have signed DE Vernon Gholston who did not work out when #Bears had him in camp last summer

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    @STLouisRams
    #Rams have signed DE Vernon Gholston to a contract.
    Hahahahahahaha

1st Edwards now Ghost! The league must be really hard up for bust talent.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 08-22-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Right! Good call. RT @bgoldgrab Mulligan also, no? RT @DWAZ73: #Rams now have Gholston, Kellen Clemens, Rob Turner and Schottenheimer.

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    RT @caplannfl Former Eagles DE Clyde Simmons is an asst DL coach for the Rams. He was a coaching intern with Jets when Gholston was there.

I'm worried he's going to get a Sanchez sack.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This guy gets it.
    I was listening to Sirius the other day and it was either Pat Kirwin, who worked for the Jets, or Tim Ryan who said this:

"I went down to the practice field and watched Gholston after he'd been drafted, I saw 2 snaps and I called you to get a closer look at this. The Tackle had one hand on Vernon's hip and was moving him anywhere he wanted to with that one hand, also Gholston's balance was just terrible, and if you remember, I told you after those 2 snaps...Vernon can't play in this league, he'll never get close to the QB".

And that's exactly what happened.

I'm still just shocked at what a whiff that was for the 6th pick in the Nation, how could all these scouts not see this?

The only way Gholston plays is if the new juice he takes grows an extra set of hands on his hips.

All League
    The scammer is back to milk another paycheck.

If he had any football in him he would've shown something over the past 4 years.

I hope Vernon is successful ... Dude tried ... But could not help sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    I was listening to Sirius the other day and it was either Pat Kirwin, who worked for the Jets, or Tim Ryan who said this:

"I went down to the practice field and watched Gholston after he'd been drafted, I saw 2 snaps and I called you to get a closer look at this. The Tackle had one hand on Vernon's hip and was moving him anywhere he wanted to with that one hand, also Gholston's balance was just terrible, and if you remember, I told you after those 2 snaps...Vernon can't play in this league, he'll never get close to the QB".

I'm still just shocked at what a whiff that was for the 6th pick in the Nation, how could all these scouts not see this?

The only way Gholston plays is if the new juice he takes grows an extra set of hands on his hips.
    Enter Wayne Hunter.

11/18: Vernon Gholston will record his first NFL sack against Wayne Hunter

calling it.

Rex calls Shotty:

"Now Brian, remember last year I told you that I would expect big time payback for not firing you and letting you find another job? Ok, since you have Gholston and Mulligan anyway, I'm calling in my marker... I want you to slip Hunter in there too. Yes, you have to cover his full salary... Yes, yes, we will finally be even...."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post

I think it's Tim Ryan and have heard him say this about him on a couple occasions when I had Sirius.

He blew everyone away at the combine and had a good Senior Bowl. everyone was in love with his first step. He was invited the draft because Grandt thought he was a definite first round pick. The rest is history...

Gholston beats Hunter for a sack.

Sanchez gets crushed, out for the season.

Tim Tebow takes over as Jets QB.

I may hang myself from teh testiclez if that happens.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Gholston beats Hunter for a sack.

Sanchez gets crushed, out for the season.

Tim Tebow takes over as Jets QB.

I may hang myself from teh testiclez if that happens.
    This episode of the NFL brought to you by Rod Serling.