Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Of all things, this morning I saw a frickin' meteor

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    When he was threatening / offering to meet posters to fight in real life, thats usually a sign to step away from the keyboard.
    F*ck you, come to Nebraska and I'll kick you'se azz.....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Anyone who goes to Nebraska SHOULD have their azz kicked.

-

If i ever decide to visit Nebraska, please kick my ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Good buddy of mine who I work with, his wife died suddenly Tuesday night while she was away on business. There's a department meeting in the board room now about how to "deal" with it. I skipped it and am posting on JI instead. Higher up just caught me. Crap!
    I actually started laughing when our boss called us into the room and told us a woman who worked with us previously had died. I didn't care for this woman, but the real reason I started laughing was because I knew how bad it would be if I started laughing. I've done that a few times in my life - very maddening . The dead woman named the area where my friends and I sat as the "Boystown" section of the office.

I looked at my buddy and he starts laughing too.

On the way out, I'm still kind of laughing with my hand over my face. The boss came up to me, put his hand on my shoulder, and said, "we'll get through this". He thought I was crying.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I actually started laughing when our boss called us into the room and told us a woman who worked with us previously had died.
    I actually dint read the rest of your post because I started laughing at this point.

Dint have to go no further!

Lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

F*ck you, come to Nebraska
    Well there's no chance of that happening...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Anyone who goes to Nebraska SHOULD have their azz kicked.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I actually started laughing when our boss called us into the room and told us a woman who worked with us previously had died. I didn't care for this woman, but the real reason I started laughing was because I knew how bad it would be if I started laughing. I've done that a few times in my life - very maddening . The dead woman named the area where my friends and I sat as the "Boystown" section of the office.

On the way out, I'm still kind of laughing with my hand over my face. The boss came up to me, put his hand on my shoulder, and said, "we'll get through this". He thought I was crying.
    LOL

I do that way too many times. I have the urge to laugh at the most inappropriate times, especially when someone asks me if I'm lying and I'm not. "Are you lying?" "LOL no!" "Goddammit, you're such a liar."

In all seriousness I saw a shooting star in the same manner a couple weeks ago. I'd never seen a meteorite be that low, bright, and long ever. I was with a couple other people are we were all in disbelief. Pretty rad stuff. Probably never see that again.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    LOL

I do that way too many times. I have the urge to laugh at the most inappropriate times, especially when someone asks me if I'm lying and I'm not. "Are you lying?" "LOL no!" "Goddammit, you're such a liar."
    yeah it pisses me off. i get mad at myself but can't stop.

another self-sabotage thing I do is when speaking in front of a group at work or a church is think to myself while I'm speaking, "man this would be a really bad time to say "f***".

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    In all seriousness I saw a shooting star in the same manner a couple weeks ago. I'd never seen a meteorite be that low, bright, and long ever. I was with a couple other people are we were all in disbelief. Pretty rad stuff. Probably never see that again.
    The Atlanta Chapter of the Hampur on their annual outing ...

Hall Of Fame
    Pretty rad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Isn't that usually some sort of sign that something bad is about to happen?

and there you have it.

Jets Insider VIP

Lol. I've done it while being cross examined. Bad times

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    We need to hear specific examples . . .

Hall Of Fame
    can't stop laughing at this

Veteran
    yeah it pisses me off. i get mad at myself but can't stop.

another self-sabotage thing I do is when speaking in front of a group at work or a church is think to myself while I'm speaking, "man this would be a really bad time to say "f***".
    Ha! I did something like that.

I was presenting a new product to our sales force and executives in a large auditorium. The stage was uneven for some stupid reason.

So as I'm walking during my presentation, I tripped slightly and said "****." Of course, being miked-up everyone heard. I froze and immediately, instinctively, said "oh no, did I just say ****?" Everyone cracked up, and I turned beet red. Sales reps kept telling that story for years.

Veteran
    I tell ya it's the alienz, the mayans were off by a couple months

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    We need to hear specific examples . . .
    can't stop laughing at this
    Our usual every weekend before going out was a poolhall outside springfield mass called Mr B.s billiards.

It was not funny really, however serious business was at hand and some of the chaps were relying on good old ragus fierce sworn testimony to sway the jurors. For the first time I and they were completly innocent all I had to do was tell the truth about the time we arrived.

The prosecutor knew us well and hated us all immensely. I got myself all worked up to just answer his question as fast and as simple as possible. I had rehearsed it a million times.

Anyhow all eyes were on me. My friends looking on as the question was asked. And exactly what time did you and your girlfriend arrive at Mr Pees. (Not B's.)

An image flashed into my head of me and my girlfriend visiting some kinky golden shower sex club and I did the clear my throat spontaneous laugh thing. It got worse as I tried to keep from laughing and watching my friends holy God wtf is he doing look. I caught my friend Chris mouth to his mother **** it its all over now, then it was just lawyers screaming for a recess.

Bewildered Beast
    LOL

I mean Oh, that sucks Ragu!

damm

Veteran

Our usual every weekend before going out was a poolhall outside springfield mass called Mr B.s billiards.

It was not funny really, however serious business was at hand and some of the chaps were relying on good old ragus fierce sworn testimony to sway the jurors. For the first time I and they were completly innocent all I had to do was tell the truth about the time we arrived.

The prosecutor knew us well and hated us all immensely. I got myself all worked up to just answer his question as fast and as simple as possible. I had rehearsed it a million times.

Anyhow all eyes were on me. My friends looking on as the question was asked. And exactly what time did you and your girlfriend arrive at Mr Pees. (Not B's.)

An image flashed into my head of me and my girlfriend visiting some kinky golden shower sex club and I did the clear my throat spontaneous laugh thing. It got worse as I tried to keep from laughing and watching my friends holy God wtf is he doing look. I caught my friend Chris mouth to his mother **** it its all over now, then it was just lawyers screaming for a recess.
    Excellent and perfectly rational response given the miscue