Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Of all things, this morning I saw a frickin' meteor

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Not To criticize this particular post per se but It'll be a great day when we can stop referencing folks who cant defend themselves as a crutch for yuks.
    Figuratively that is.
    When you have a final public a melt down, insulting posters like Warfish in an obscene and personal way as Green Ham did, I think it's okay for posters to reference Ham's disappearance in good natured non-offensive humor for at least ... ten years ? Ah hell, Ham would like to be remembered... let's make it twenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I was on Rt 280 East bound nearing my exit, when I see this whitish/silvery streak going across the sky, but it was real low.

Ive seen shooting stars before, but this was was so low to the ground I'd be shocked if it didn't hit something. It had a very cool silverish green hue to it.

Isn't that usually some sort of sign that something bad is about to happen?
    Tail end of the Perseid Metor shower, or just a lucky random probably.

In either case, it's very cool in a non "cool story bro" kinda way.

Not To criticize this particular post per se but It'll be a great day when we can stop referencing folks who cant defend themselves as a crutch for yuks.

Figuratively that is.
    /take deep breath

I've remained silent on this a long time, but I think it's time to say something.

I agree with Flushing here. I don't feel right about it that GJ&H has become the butt of jokes when he cannot be here to defend himself.

Yes, he and I, once good e-friends, had a pretty clear, sadly far-too-public public, falling out. It is, frankly, one of the biggest regrets I have about my time spent here at JI, the entire period. That neither he, nor I, could find some way to come to terms with our disagreements and differences, and we both allowed it to spiral far beyond what it should have. Yes, I'm sure we both feel we had good cause, but that doesn;t make the outcome any less unfortunate.

With that said.

GJ&H was (and hopefully still is) a good guy, a good man at heart. Of that I have no doubts whatsoever. No caveats, no limitations, no exceptions. He was a loyal passionate Jets Fan, who cared deeply about this team, this forum and this e-community. He deserves better than for us to harp on the tail end of his time here when he has no way to defend himself, or remind folks how well liked he was here, for good reason, for a long time.

It is my opinion that the worst thing that happened to him, and to me, was for us to become moderators, a role that sadly can change how a person is on a forum. Had that not happened, I would guarantee he would be here today, as well recieved and well liked and as respected as he always had been. Rightfully so.

And I'll go one further, if it were up to me, he's be restored and allowed to post here. We've let every other person (just about) come back. I think Ham should be allowed that option as well, should he wish it.

I can guess how this post will be taken, and that fine, but I felt the need to say my peace. I wish that whole period had never occured, regardless of the behind the scenes, and I wish Ham could still be a part of our community, as it was in the old days.

Hall Of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    /take deep breath

I've remained silent on this a long time, but I think it's time to say something.

I agree with Flushing here. I don't feel right about it that GJ&H has become the butt of jokes when he cannot be here to defend himself.

Yes, he and I, once good e-friends, had a pretty clear, sadly far-too-public public, falling out. It is, frankly, one of the biggest regrets I have about my time spent here at JI, the entire period. That neither he, nor I, could find some way to come to terms with our disagreements and differences, and we both allowed it to spiral far beyond what it should have. Yes, I'm sure we both feel we had good cause, but that doesn;t make the outcome any less unfortunate.

With that said.

GJ&H was (and hopefully still is) a good guy, a good man at heart. Of that I have no doubts whatsoever. No caveats, no limitations, no exceptions. He was a loyal passionate Jets Fan, who cared deeply about this team, this forum and this e-community. He deserves better than for us to harp on the tail end of his time here when he has no way to defend himself, or remind folks how well liked he was here, for good reason, for a long time.

It is my opinion that the worst thing that happened to him, and to me, was for us to become moderators, a role that sadly can change how a person is on a forum. Had that not happened, I would guarantee he would be here today, as well recieved and well liked and as respected as he always had been. Rightfully so.

And I'll go one further, if it were up to me, he's be restored and allowed to post here. We've let every other person (just about) come back. I think Ham should be allowed that option as well, should he wish it.

I can guess how this post will be taken, and that fine, but I felt the need to say my peace. I wish that whole period had never occured, regardless of the behind the scenes, and I wish Ham could still be a part of our community, as it was in the old days.
    His banishment, while coming full circle with his attack on you, was an extremely long time coming, IMO...

If he comes back, I personally don't care but I wouldn't necessarily say you were the one and only cause, at least not from an outsiders perspective...

He was mean spirited on this board, to a lot of posters... Not just to you...

Keep that in mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

/take deep breath

With that said.

classy post

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

hahahahahahaaa

It's still just preseason dude. It's not like we're 12-2 and in December. Then I'd be worried.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Meanwhile at Fish's home:

-

That is what it usually looks like after a post-flatus event.

Veteran
    /take deep breath

With that said.

Noble thoughts ...

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    classy post
    Agreed ...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    His banishment, while coming full circle with his attack on you, was an extremely long time coming, IMO...

If he comes back, I personally don't care but I wouldn't necessarily say you were the one and only cause, at least not from an outsiders perspective...

He was mean spirited on this board, to a lot of posters... Not just to you...
    Agree with all of this ...

Now back to Alien Invasions and what to do with the Super Glue before they beam you up to the Mother Ship.

All League

Figuratively that is.
    Who are you, our mother? If you can't take the smell, get out of the Hampur.

Why didn't Natalie Wood take a shower on the boat?

She wanted to wash up on shore.

Oh, pardon me, that was out of line. She can't defend herself.

Hall Of Fame
    /take deep breath

With that said.

You are a class guy, Warfish. Top ten. Peebag's out again.

Jets Insider VIP
    X-pollination FTW!

That could be the funniest thing you've ever posted.
    Still laughing over here, holy ****.

This place never disappoints.

Veteran
    Timmy, inspiring cross-pollination as Fishhooked said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Im not going crazy, I swear !

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com

Initial Reports:

23AUG2012 Nick Nashua, NH, USA 547 5 seconds heading east fiery green same as moon none It was wicked awesome

23AUG2012 Jan Paterson, NJ,USA 5:50AM EST 10 sec South/North--East--Right to left--East o Left-East Bright Green-Darted across the sky-left a trail behind after it disappeard Same as the sun No It was incredible to see in the sky the unexpected commuting to work

23AUG2012 Stan gmitererek Hackensack, NJ 555 3/4/2012 Northeast Green/yellow Spark Slight Streak

23AUG2012 matt Georgetown,MA USA 553 2-3sec W-E bright green, no sound Bright as the full moon if not brighter did not see any gorgeous color, never seen it green light that

23AUG2012 Slick Lake Carmel, NY 0548 EST 5 sec Heading west to East glowing green, smoke trail Brightess think in the morning sky Yes, things were falling off as it passed over. I was heading east bound on Rt 84, when it shot across the sky. Mile marker 62

23AUG2012 Leah Long island, NY 6:00am est Only a few seconds Right to left, facing east Bright green Moon It had a tail Very beautiful

23AUG2012 Mark Sipes Freeville, NY, Tompkins 5:52:00 2-3 seconds south to north . I was facing east bright Green BRIGHT!! looked like it had a tail It was huge and bright Green!!

23AUG2012 Deirdre Mountaindale, NY 5:55:00 3-5 sec I was facing east & it came from right hand sky to the left It was bright bright bright green It was very bright not like the sun just noticeable in the dusk sky Yea it exploded & just disappeared in the sky after falling The duration of this was a lot longer than shooting stars & bigger than shooting stars I've seen

23AUG2012 steve m Boston Ma U.S.A. 5:53:00 3-4 seconds nw-se bright green moon plus sudden at flameout beautiful green color at about sunrise.

23AUG2012 Michael Fairfield, CT 5:50:00 Less than 2 Faceing due south, object traveled east and descended Bright lime green ball, white tail Brilliant light, brighter than moon, Venus, No Judging from distance and trajectory the object likely made impact in long island sound. It was very low, perhaps only 40 degrees above horizon

23AUG2012 Garret hoogerhyde Fairlawn nj usa 5:52:00 5-10 sec Se Green blue Venus 2-3 pieces Looked Heading NE

For all reports: http://thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.com/

For the record, I would like to thank all of the above anonymous internet people for corroborating my story.

Bewildered Beast
    I was on Rt 280 East bound nearing my exit, when I see this whitish/silvery streak going across the sky, but it was real low.

Ive seen shooting stars before, but this was was so low to the ground I'd be shocked if it didn't hit something. It had a very cool silverish green hue to it.

Doesn't magnesium burn green? Copper? Space dust? (arghrghrghrgh...space dust )

LOL at the return of Green Jets and Ham! poli

Jets Insider VIP
    just my 2 cents on Ham - I liked him but he was one of the most manic posters ever, not only on this Jets board but on others - he's had some wonderful meltdowns on other boards as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Doesn't magnesium burn green?
    Nickel. Magnesium burns white.

SCIENCE!!!

Banned
    /take deep breath

With that said.

Can he play RT?