Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 161

Thread: Rex Announces Howard In ...

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,126
    I'm rooting for Howard to be great, but I don't think this means that Tanny is done looking for a RT.

  2. #22



    FINALLY! I hope they don't stop here and still look to bring someone in for RT too. We need all the help we can get there.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anyone is better than Hunter.

    But lets not act like our problems are solved.
    They aren't. But this is a step in the right direction.

  4. #24
    And Wayne Hunter is once again trending in the U.S. on Twitter. Once the general public and not just Jets fans became familiar with his name, you knew it was bad news.

  5. #25


    I was on the anything but Howard bandwagon after the Giants debacle...

    It can't be worse and there's still the option to trade for somebody...

    I just can't believe we didn't cut him and attempt to sign Winston... I mean, it was just too easy a proposition... Even if we didn't end up landing a noteworthy tackle, we'd have saved the money and been in the same boat we are now, just minus a backup OG...

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I'm rooting for Howard to be great, but I don't think this means that Tanny is done looking for a RT.
    Agreed. I still think Tanny's going to make a move.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,761
    Rex: "We are happy Wayne is on our team and we are excited to have him in this role"


  8. #28
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northport, LI
    Posts
    269
    Great we just went from 4-12 to 5-11

  9. #29

    Talking from rotoworld-- Hunter is Replaced

    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Link please!

    =The Jets have removed Wayne Hunter as their starting right tackle.
    Finally. Hunter was among the league's worst starting tackles last season, giving up 8.5 sacks and getting tagged for 11 penalties. He followed that up with a woeful 2012 preseason. Hunter is owed $2.45 million guaranteed this season, meaning his new role as a jumbo swing tackle is safe. New right tackle Austin Howard is no superstar, but he can't be any worse than Hunter. Aug 23 - 11:19 AM

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Rex: "We are happy Wayne is on our team and we are excited to have him in this role"

    Translation: Wayne's going to be watching Jets games from his couch pretty soon.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    You mean the Jets are banned from making trades or picking players that are cut? You have a link to that?
    what are the odds they can acquire someone who's definitely better than austin without getting ripped off?

  12. #32
    I'd say among Hunter, Ducasse and Schlauderaff we've got the interior OL backups covered. Especially since both Slauson and Schlauderaff can play Center. But we really don't have any depth at either T.

    It's still critical to sign an experienced OT after final cuts (or, even better, before).

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I'd say among Hunter, Ducasse and Schlauderaff we've got the interior OL backups covered. Especially since both Slauson and Schlauderaff can play Center. But we really don't have any depth at either T.

    It's still critical to sign an experienced OT after final cuts (or, even better, before).
    overall depth isn't bad. the 2 positions where there isn't talent or depth are OT or RB. wr, olb and s were addressed in the draft and FA.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Virginia fromerly New Hampshire
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anyone is better than Hunter.

    But lets not act like our problems are solved.
    No, but the first step is admitting you have a problem, and while its too little and maybe too late, it is at least progress.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,761
    We have the most talked about backup QB in the league and the most talked about RT in the league.

    Nobody feel sorry for Wayne. How many people get paid $2.5 million to NOT do their job?

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,702
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Great...now what do I do with my Wayne Hunter jersey?
    Use it as a muleta.

  17. #37
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,113
    I really can't get worked up so soon, if Howard was a huge upgrade would have not already been in place in the starting lineup?

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Per the tweets, jets exploring trade for RT(not earth shattering).

    Demotion related to Hunter missing practice yesterday?

    What a train wreck.
    I was suspicious about him missing practice suddenly. What did he pout for getting benched? Could be a coincidence but still curious considering the turn of events.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I was suspicious about him missing practice suddenly. What did he pout for getting benched? Could be a coincidence but still curious considering the turn of events.
    sounds like he was told before the practice and couldn't handle it. that seems to be his downfall, can't handle the mental aspects of starting.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,702
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post


    I was on the anything but Howard bandwagon after the Giants debacle...

    It can't be worse and there's still the option to trade for somebody...

    I just can't believe we didn't cut him and attempt to sign Winston... I mean, it was just too easy a proposition... Even if we didn't end up landing a noteworthy tackle, we'd have saved the money and been in the same boat we are now, just minus a backup OG...
    He has looked a lot better at right tackle than left. He didn't play at all at RT in the Giant game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us