Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Announces Howard In ...

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I was suspicious about him missing practice suddenly. What did he pout for getting benched? Could be a coincidence but still curious considering the turn of events.
    Being demoted is no fun. Give the man a day to get his **** together.

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Yeeeeeesssssss. Too early for Jameson!?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    lol, that's what I was thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Being demoted is no fun. Give the man a day to get his **** together.
    people get demoted every day. and someone who has played as poorly as he has, shouldn't be surprised he got demoted and shouldn't question the decision.

keeping hunter as the starter would have hurt rex's locker room rep.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    sounds like he was told before the practice and couldn't handle it. that seems to be his downfall, can't handle the mental aspects of starting.
    IMO, After cutdown day, the Jets will bring in another RT to compete or start at RT, and Hunter will be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I was suspicious about him missing practice suddenly. What did he pout for getting benched? Could be a coincidence but still curious considering the turn of events.
    Rex could have easily given him a day to clear his head, see his family, and try to not think about football for a day.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I really can't get worked up so soon, if Howard was a huge upgrade would have not already been in place in the starting lineup?
    It's a cross between paying Hunter all that money, the potential, and they didn't want to admit their mistake. At least now they've admitted there's a problem, and that means they'll have to address it. You have to start somewhere.

just pray that Howard is a true find for the team and that he can play at least adequately...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I really can't get worked up so soon, if Howard was a huge upgrade would have not already been in place in the starting lineup?
    Who knows but if you assume a new OL coach, guaranteed money and Hunter's back issues the Jets gave him the benefit of doubt. They probably exhausted every trick in the book other than hoping for some magic to keep Hunter as the starter..

I'd say among Hunter, Ducasse and Schlauderaff we've got the interior OL backups covered. Especially since both Slauson and Schlauderaff can play Center. But we really don't have any depth at either T.

It's still critical to sign an experienced OT after final cuts (or, even better, before).
    Wonderful for the dunder heads to realize you need to teach multiple players to play center. The Baxter debacle of last year still leaves me shaking my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    IMO, After cutdown day, the Jets will bring in another RT to compete or start at RT, and Hunter will be cut.
    if he's guaranteed money, the only way they cut him is if they never intend to play him at all. truth, the way he's playing, it seems they can find someone on the waiver wire who can be as terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Wonderful for the dunder heads to realize you need to teach multiple players to play center. The Baxter debacle of last year still leaves me shaking my head.
    another reason why ducasse could get cut. he's the 4th best guard and can't play center.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    but they owe this guy $2.4M guaranteed. He will be useful as a 6th OL

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Rex could have easily given him a day to clear his head, see his family, and try to not think about football for a day.
    True but then bench him a day later? Really who cares just curious that's all.

Don't be nieve guys. They are looking for someone else. They don't want Howard starting week 1

Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    Don't be nieve guys. They are looking for someone else. They don't want Howard starting week 1
    Howard is going to make rookie mistakes. And he'll likely give up a few sacks early in the season that a vet would not. But he should get better as he plays. And that's more than one could expect with Hunter, who's as good as he'll ever be right now.

But agreed the team would rather have another guy with experience starting in Howard's place if they can find him.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    but they owe this guy $2.4M guaranteed. He will be useful as a 6th OL
    And a blocking TE, of which Hunter wasn't completely useless before.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Howard is going to make rookie mistakes. And he'll likely give up a few sacks early in the season that a vet would not. But he should get better as he plays. And that's more than one could expect with Hunter, who's as good as he'll ever be right now.
    and getting worse, with no confidence. maybe howard with another blocker on the edge can help the power running game.

Just my opinion, but Hunter is not the reason why the Jets were 8-8 For sure Hunter is not a good player, but......
    Schotty also was not the entire problem.
    Shall we examine the HC?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    another reason why ducasse could get cut. he's the 4th best guard and can't play center.
    That's pretty unfair. Ducasse is the kind of guy who will help out on the outside in jumbo packages, and could play some emergency snaps at Tackle. Just because he's not one of the "emergency centers" .. doesn't mean he's going to get cut...

Ducasse has been fine in 2012, and he's on target to start in 2013.

finally, some accountability for playing like hot garbage.