Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Rex Announces Howard In ...

Poor Hunter. He's like the most fragile guy. He needed to take a personal day yesterday to clear his head, and today he quotes, "Everything is Going South for me". The dude needs some hugs today. Hopefully he can block in te 6t man role.
    Last edited by bman; 08-23-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Rookie
    Howard has the size to be a beast at RT. Dude better not f**k it up against the Panthers. This is his chance and he better not blow it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Heineken08 View Post
    Howard has the size to be a beast at RT. Dude better not f**k it up against the Panthers. This is his chance and he better not blow.
    This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

Just stop the DAMN BLITZ!

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I really can't get worked up so soon, if Howard was a huge upgrade would have not already been in place in the starting lineup?
    This..........

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    And Hunter is out as starting RT
    The Carolina Kitty Kats are going to be in some trouble this week!!!!

Somewhere Mario Williams is disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The Jets botched the right-tackle situation, and now they're counting on a former practice-squad player to bail them out.

Howard was a disappointment in the offseason, gaining more than 20 pounds and nearly eating himself off the team.

Tannenbaum put his faith in new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano and new line coach Dave DeGuglielmo, who told reporters in May: "Until they ship [Hunter] out of this building or until they shoot me dead in my office, that son of a gun's going to be the starting right tackle, and he's going to play well."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...r-right-tackle
    Seriously, what has happened to this team?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I'm rooting for Howard to be great, but I don't think this means that Tanny is done looking for a RT.
    As am I but as our starting LT

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post
    WFH
    This isn't TGG. Go back to that ****hole.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Poor Hunter. He's like the most fragile guy. He needed to take a personal day yesterday to clear his head, and today he quotes, "Everything is Going South for me". The dude needs some hugs today. Hopefully he can block in te 6t man role.
    Hugs? People who work like dogs are getting fired everyday and you'll never hear about it. Those same people usually end up broke or in serious debt, affecting the rest of their lives.

Hunter got paid a guaranteed $2.5 million to suck and STILL keep his job (playing a GAME, I might add). Yep, let's feel sorry for him and give him hugs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I don't understand.

How do you utilize a Trojan Horse if it is sitting on the bench?
    It's part of the plan. Now coaches will gameplay on Howard and just like in rocky when mick wanted him to switch... Here comes Hunter!

Austin Howard ‏@AustinHoward68
    No one has higher expectations out of me than I do of myself. I will give my all to prepare, and play as the #Jets deserve out of their RT.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    They became relevant and have won more than they lost so now everyone is interested. The Jets have become the team everyone wants to see for better or for worse and that means there is a camera where there wasn't one before and microphones in front of mouths that have never spoken before.

Rookie
    No one has higher expectations out of me than I do of myself. I will give my all to prepare, and play as the #Jets deserve out of their RT.
    Thats what im talking about. The dude is motivated

Jets Insider VIP
    We are from Missouri....

LOL If Austin Howard were actually better than Wayne Hunter he would have been starting already.......I understand that Wayne Hunter is the whipping boy for the oline....but which Olineman in the NFL would NOT have gotten beaten 1 on 1 vs JPP, Tuck, and Osi? Why not give Hunter some help in the form of a TE or FB that can help chip his man????

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    These things happen with every team, we just dont hear about them unless its a relatively well known starter.

We are all on here discussing our backup (now starting) RT and 2-3rd RB's conditioning. There are very few people who know whether or not other NFL teams swing tackle and 3rd string RB were in tip top shape.

When Bryant McKinnie comes in 40 lbs over his playing weight we hear about it....when his backup does, no one outside the baltimore fan base knows.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Somewhere Mario Williams is disappointed
    I don't think so.

In Mario's mind he just went from a 4 sack day to 3.5.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    They became relevant and have won more than they lost so now everyone is interested. The Jets have become the team everyone wants to see for better or for worse and that means there is a camera where there wasn't one before and microphones in front of mouths that have never spoken before.
    Add in a dose of an owner who thinks increased revenue is easier to get through publicity signings (Farve, Tebow), Media Exposure (Hard Knocks, Rex Ryan) and back page headlines (open practices, ESPN living in Cortlandt) than fielding a Superbowl caliber team.