Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scapegoats

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Which one? 1st or second? I find it funny you brought this up as it seems 3/4 of the country are blamming Obama for the economy as they did Bush the 1st. You would think everyone learned from the 1st mistake of electing Clinton based on the economy...
    First of all, the "W" should tell you who I mean, as well as the context of the comment.

Second, there is a sarcasm detection course taught at the local adult learning center. I'll PM you the schedule.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    First of all, the "W" should tell you who I mean, as well as the context of the comment.

Second, there is a sarcasm detection course taught at the local adult learning center. I'll PM you the schedule.
    Thank you for the clarification and hope the schedule is flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchez is the next one to be replaced.
    Wow, it took you 3 whole minutes to post the Sanchez hate. Slowing down in your old age?

Shonn Greene ---- because he blows.

Veteran
    Love Tennessee Fainting goats. Do Scape goats faint when suprised also.

I love Jets fans, first you complain that Hunter is still the starting RT, he's now been replaced, now he's a scapegoat..

It doesn't matter what the team does there's always going to be somebody to ***** about it!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchez is the next one to be replaced.
    You wish, you'll be replaced b4 MS is.

All Pro
    Scapegoating usually starts with the players - they all suck because the last Head Coach knew nothing / ran the wrong system. Once they get replaced and are the "hand picked guys" of the current Head Coach, it's the O / D co-ordinators fault for not having the right schemes. So you change co-ordinators. Then it's the Head Coach's fault, so he gets blamed and canned ... and you're back to the players again because the old Head Coach knew nothing.

After this goes on a bit, it's then the GM and the owner who get the blame for mismanaging the cap / not knowing how to run a team.

Since Jet fans demand everything immediately - we get through the whole cycle a lot faster than other teams do.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Scapegoating usually starts with the players - they all suck because the last Head Coach knew nothing / ran the wrong system. Once they get replaced and are the "hand picked guys" of the current Head Coach, it's the O / D co-ordinators fault for not having the right schemes. So you change co-ordinators. Then it's the Head Coach's fault, so he gets blamed and canned ... and you're back to the players again because the old Head Coach knew nothing.

After this goes on a bit, it's then the GM and the owner who get the blame for mismanaging the cap / not knowing how to run a team.

Since Jet fans demand everything immediately - we get through the whole cycle a lot faster than other teams do.
    In this case, Rex is on deck...

Scapegoat for what?

The season hasn't started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    In this case, Rex is on deck...
    they arleady canned the OC. if the jets stink and the offense doesn't improve, you can't just get rid of rex. must get rid of sanchez too, but that means you're in full rebuilding mode. does that mean tanny goes too - maybe.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Sporano.
    He doesn't work for the Jets.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    they arleady canned the OC. if the jets stink and the offense doesn't improve, you can't just get rid of rex. must get rid of sanchez too, but that means you're in full rebuilding mode. does that mean tanny goes too - maybe.
    True...Sanchez, Rex...than Tanny...

All Pro
    True...Sanchez, Rex...than Tanny...
    I think it would start with Tanny and Rex, then the new regime would start to bring in their own players. No point letting your GM cut guys if you're going to can him; let the new guy wield the axe.

If Sanchez plays at the same level he did last year, he's the next one up.

If he improves his completion % and ypa, and the team still can't score, then it's going to be the offensive line for not protecting him or being able to get the running game going, or Greene for not being able to capitalize on the holes they do open.

If the whole thing blows up: the offense can't score and the defense underperforms, then people are going to skip right over the players and Rex and Tanny are going to take the heat.

George W. Bush

Everything is that guy's fault
    This. I don't know how I don't know when but they will be connected some how.

George W. Bush

Most accurate statement in this thread.

Wow, so our latest scapegoat for our flaws has been demoted, before it was all Shotty who was the goat...Now, I ask you who's next? Because someone has always gotta take the blame for our weaknesses...

A) Sanchez
    B) Rex
    c) Tanny
    D) Fill in the blank

You know our Wide receiver core is less than mediocre...it makes me miss Justin McCareins...
    Last I looked our record was 0-0, blame for what?

George W. Bush

NCLB