1. Nobody can predict the record of ANY team before the season starts - Sports writers can pontificate all they want but on game day 1 everything changes and at the end of the season very few writers are actually held accountable for their preseason record picks.
2. The Jets are going to be OK as long as we don't expect them to run the table -If you look back at the damage done by previous coaches and bad talent it's no wonder that a lot of people say that we are the laughing stock in this league. To play in New York means win NOW but in reality it can take awhile to build a really great team that can compete every year.
3. You can still loose 6-7 games but if you peak towards the end of the season their is a good chance you can win it all. Just look at the Giants last year.
4. Although on paper the Jets don't have any big playmakers there is always a chance that someone will step up and is a diamond in the rough. Just look at Cruz.
5. Rex is still learning that it's hard to go from defensive coordinator to head coach. He is learning and will get better every year. I believe in him and the direction he wants to go.
6. The NFL has to do something about guaranteed money for draft picks. How much did Gholston wind up getting from the Jets ?
7. New England is beatable this year as their offense struggles. Their time in the sun and spotlight maybe coming to an end so Peter King can stop being Kraft's fart sniffer.
8. Sanchez is this teams QB for many years to come regardless of what the press says. They love to stir the pot and people angry but unless Sanchez has a very bad year he will be our starter for a lot of seasons.
9. Jet fans deserve a championship. It's been a very very long dryspell and when that trophy is earned it should go to the fans as much as the players.
1. Obvious statement that is true about the whole league.
2. NOBODY expects the Jets to run the table. and I think most fans are resigned to a team that is likely to have a record at 8-8 or worse.
3. True, but not particularly encouraging
4. Hope is not much of a strategy, considering none of the playmakers on the Jets have any history of sustained success, except for Holmes
5. Rex will get older every year just like the rest of us. Last year was proof that getting better every year is not to be taken for granted. Most would admit he took a step back last year.
7. NE is 'beatable' every year, theoretically. Whether they are beatable by the Jets is highly questionable.
8. I hope so, given his 6 year extension
9. nobody deserves a championship.