Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T 3D Television

O/T 3D Television

Has anyone seen a movie or documentary on Blue Ray 3D DVD? I recently bought a Sony 55" 3D TV & Blue Ray 3D DVD player and was absolutely blown away. It is so amazing that I honestly do not want to watch anything that is not 3D ever again, unfortunately however, there is not much available in 3D yet. The picture is truly spectacular, and I started thinking, or, fantasizing about what it would be like to watch a football game in 3d? I bet that will be amazing once they begin broadcasting in 3D.

ASH

Undrafted Free Agent
    ESPN3D airs 3D College Football games throughout the season. I'm pretty sure its on most cable lineups. I used to have Time Warner cable and it was there, and now I have DirectTV and still have it.

I have a 3D TV, but it was really because you can't buy a top of the line TV these days that doesn't include it as a feature. I bought a Panasonic Plasma last year that came with Avatar on 3D Blu Ray, absolutely mind blowing.

Now if we could get NFL games in 3D, that would be awesome

I am dying to see Avatar in 3d, you can't get it yet because as I understand, Panasonic had a contract to bundle that with their TV's. I will definitely check out some college games in 3d if TWC has it this year. I am sure NFL games will be in 3D as soon as possible, and charge more for them too.

3D for me is the best thing ever.. I bought my first 3D tv couple years back. It was a Samsung cause I love Samsung.. Problem was the glasses had to be charged and they were way overpriced.. I recently just got the lg cinema 3D tv and it is unreal. You can wear glasses that they give out at movies so I know have like 50 pairs so when every one comes over I got plenty.. My issue is I have beat a** cable vision and they don't offer 3D channels.. Does anyone know when they will I call up constantly and get no answers!! The second issue I have been dying to get avatar in 3D I see that you Gus mentioned they have a deal with Panasonic? When does that end and when will one be able to get avatar 3D??

All League
    Gimmick. Soon to go the way of the hula hoop and the dodo.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post

Agreed 3D is NOT the next HD. They have been trying since the 50's and
    technology is still not there. More work to do........
    Not to mention there is hardly any 3D programming available

Everyone of my friends say the same thing oh it's stupid who wants to wear glasses in own living room and every time they come over another friend ends up buying a 3D tv.. Not trying to sell these things or anything but they really are pretty cool with crystal clear picture!

I believe the technology Has come a pretty long way since the 50's my man.. I don't even think you can buy a tv that isn't 3D capable now a days cause that's we're television is heading.. Don't quote me on this but in couple years I heard they coming out with 3D tvs that are holographic so you don't need glasses or anything.. Would be awesome

All League
    i get the "wow" factor; I do. But picture clarity suffers from over processing and too much information trying to be transmitted in each frame. especially in live broadcast.
    picture clarity is king.

not to mention, no super bowl parties at your house unless you have 10 pair of shutter glasses.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman6 View Post
    I believe the technology Has come a pretty long way since the 50's my man.. I don't even think you can buy a tv that isn't 3D capable now a days cause that's we're television is heading.. Don't quote me on this but in couple years I heard they coming out with 3D tvs that are holographic so you don't need glasses or anything.. Would be awesome
    they have 3D phones now that require no glasses. that functionality didn't survive through to the next generation of phones. gimmick.

maybe someday.

Yea I know they had the phones.. But a 3d phone and a 3d tv with no glasses is totally different.. What's the point of a 3d phone anyway? Either way everyone is entitled to there own likes and dislikes and I am not trying to sell anyone on 3D tvs just saying I enjoy them and more and more people are starting to get on board as more and more movies are now coming out in this new way.

3D TV without glasses is just a few years away. That's when you'll see it go mainstream. Until then current technology is just a stop gap.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/enjo...glasses-256823

See I knew I heard that somewhere that in a few years you won't need glasses and I agree when that happens 3D will take off tremendously.. Thanks for the link

Jets Insider VIP
    Gimmick
    +1

Veteran
    Cause you dont have it.

Samaung 55" LCD 3D

Love it!

I've watched some football in 3d..It's ok.It takes you really on the field.I prefer watching regular.For some movies it's really good.

I will be getting The Avengers next month the Blu-3d

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyjet View Post
    Cause you dont have it.

Samaung 55" LCD 3D

Love it!

My 55" Vizio and ps3 do 3d just fine.

You love it because the best buy rep suckered you into buying it. Congrats.
    Last edited by stanner; 08-23-2012 at 09:18 PM.

My 55" Vizio and ps3 do 3d just fine.

You love it because the best buy rep suckered you into buying it. Congrats.

Geez....he loves it, you don't. Don't have to be a dick about it.

I won't mention that maybe he likes it 'cuz he's watching on a premium brand set vs. a low end budget brand.

All League
    Its probably a good thing NFL games arent in 3D. IUs anyone sober watching a football game?

Drinking and 3D TV Don't Mix
    by Brad Trechak, posted Apr 15th 2010 1:03PM

Samsung is distributing a new warning label on its 3D televisions: if a person watches it while in an intoxicated state, there is a danger of that person going into seizures as well as a host of other health problems. This poses serious problems for anybody hoping to have a Super Bowl party utilizing a 3D television. In addition, the warning suggests against watching by the elderly or expecting.

Samsung also recommends keeping such televisions away from "open stairwells, cables, balconies" and other places or things you could trip over. Admittedly, I don't know anybody who keeps their television near a stairwell or balcony, but it could happen. Cables, on the other hand, are ubiquitous for almost every home entertainment system, so that poses a risk for anybody watching a program while drunk.

Other health risks of 3D include nausea, dizziness and strokes. I have the same risks anytime I watch Fox News. I must make note that should I ever get a 3D television, I should not watch Fox News while intoxicated. That would get messy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Geez....he loves it, you don't. Don't have to be a dick about it.

I won't mention that maybe he likes it 'cuz he's watching on a premium brand set vs. a low end budget brand.

You know as much about TVs as you do about football. Stick to your expertise: trolling.
    Last edited by stanner; 08-23-2012 at 09:51 PM.