Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets 8/23 News & Tweets

Jets 8/23 News & Tweets

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Hunter: "I want to help this team any way I can, and right now, that's not right tackle."

Hunter: "Everyone knows I was struggling. The whole NYC knows I was struggling."

Austin Howard worked as first-team right tackle for all of practice. Hunter took a few jumbo reps vs. cards defense.

Jets did most of practice off cards vs. scout team. In the regular 11-on-11s, Sanchez was 4-for-7. Tebow 2-for-3 with a sack.

Brown 2-for-3, with a miss from 40. Folk 3-for-3. Both had longs of 53.

Baker slow to get up after kick return drill. Walking off with trainers.

Bellore is in a non-contact red pinnie today. #nyj

Greene lingered on ground after a play. Was speaking to trainer, now coming back in.

Jets doing a cards practice today. So that means they must be game-planning for Carolina.

RT @ConorTOrr: McKnight is here practicing. Holmes has red non contact, doing individuals. Kerley returning punts, Cumberland not in pads.

RT @ConorTOrr: Damien Woody here at camp (not in pads, calm down y'all).

Jets don't plan on using Tim Tebow-Wildcat formation during preseason | http://NJ.com http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/08/jets_dont_plan_on_using_tim_te.html

The team says it has no intentions of trading Wayne Hunter. #nyj

Wayne Hunter demoted from Jets starting right tackle | http://NJ.com http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/08/wayne_hunter_demoted_from_jets.html

Rex said he doesn't see the Jets running the Wildcat in the preseason. #nyj

Rex said "right now, I'm thinking that we're OK," when asked if Jets are in the market for a starting right tackle. #nyj

Rex said he told Hunter his plans this morning. Wayne's reaction? "I just want to help this team." #nyj

Rex says they'll give Austin Howard a shot to work with the first group. Says "he earned that right." #nyj

Rex announces that Wayne Hunter will be moved back to the jumbo tackle role he previously held

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    RT @KristianRDyer Hunter on the demotion "I was waiting for it to be honest with you."

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer
    Holmes chatting with Patrick Turner.

Hunter is in at left tackle for a few snaps with the first team.

Austin Howard in with the first team.

Ricky Sapp is on the bike next to Landry...Ellis Lankster is running sprints on a far field sprinting.

Schilens sprinting, not practicing today.

LaRon Landry not practicing, riding the bike. #nyj

@damienwoody talking with Tannenbaum at practice.

Twice now in practice DeMario Davis has gotten in on the punt block.

Conley punting...looks very sharp today.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-23-2012 at 03:50 PM.

All League
    Strange responses from Hunter, its like he had already mentally checked
    out from being a starter even before the Giant fiasco

Sidenote on Hunter: He handled things with class today. Said to me: "I couldn't be a jerk about it." Well, he could've - and wasn't.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex says Sanchez will play into the third quarter vs Panthers. Also says Jets will not run Wildcat type plays in the preseason

Veteran tackle Marcus McNeill is retired. He is not an option for the Jets. #nyj

Dave DeGuglielmo on Wayne Hunter (in May): "Until they shoot me dead in my office, that son of a gun is going to be the starting RT"

Jets o-line coach Dave DeGuglielmo in May: "The last thing that I would ever want to see happen is not have Wayne Hunter as the RT"
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-23-2012 at 03:55 PM.

All Pro
    When is Sapp and the Glass man going to see some action.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Sidenote on Hunter: He handled things with class today. Said to me: "I couldn't be a jerk about it." Well, he could've - and wasn't.

Rex says Sanchez will play into the third quarter vs Panthers. Also says Jets will not run Wildcat type plays in the preseason

Veteran tackle Marcus McNeill is retired. He is not an option for the Jets. #nyj

Dave DeGuglielmo on Wayne Hunter (in May): "Until they shoot me dead in my office, that son of a gun is going to be the starting RT"

Jets o-line coach Dave DeGuglielmo in May: "The last thing that I would ever want to see happen is not have Wayne Hunter as the RT"
    So...it is Rex that had to shoot Dave DeGuglielmo or was it Mike T?

Tanny to Woody:

"What's the number, big guy?"

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    So...it is Rex that had to shoot Dave DeGuglielmo or was it Mike T?
    it was hunter ala gomer pyle in full metal jacket

Santonio Holmes: "I feel pretty confident that I can get back ad play this week." Says he's dealing with rib, hay and back on left side

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Strange responses from Hunter, its like he had already mentally checked
    out from being a starter even before the Giant fiasco
    Didn't he once see the team therapist last year or at some point when he was struggling? He's just not the type of guy to handle any kind of adversity.

His confidence was shot a long time ago.

Greg Linton ‏@agentlinton
    HOF Player Representatives Joe Namath will be hosting a Monday Night radio show on ESPN throughout the football season. Listen to Joe and his guests on ESPN NY 98.7 FM each Monday Night from 6 to 7 PM (EST).

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Greg Linton ‏@agentlinton
    HOF Player Representatives Joe Namath will be hosting a Monday Night radio show on ESPN throughout the football season. Listen to Joe and his guests on ESPN NY 98.7 FM each Monday Night from 6 to 7 PM (EST).
    Cue the Namath haters who will pledge to avoid him like the plague; aka mike francessa.

I like joe willy.

Listening to Joe is like listening to your grandparents point out your flaws with extreme accuracy.

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Holmes has been dealing with a rib cartilage injury, a back issue & a hamstring pull. "It feels pretty god to be out on the field," he said,

All League
    Any idea on how Howard played?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Listening to Joe is like listening to your grandparents point out how inadequate you seem when using a computer.
    Fixed...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Listening to Joe is like listening to your grandparents point out your flaws with extreme accuracy.

Ok...I lol'd.

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    RT @ConorTOrr: McKnight said he can increase his workload tomorrow. Shin splints, only treatment is a little rest

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @JayGlazer: Steelers have parted ways with special teams coach Al Everest.

Strange time to be doing so..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Ok...I lol'd.
    Yeah, you're on today, McG.