Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets 8/23 News & Tweets

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Santonio Holmes on Jets not showing Wildcat-type plays in preseason: "Why give everybody a clue right now? Leave them all guessing."

But, but, but people are on the ledge now...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    RT @ConorTOrr: McKnight said he can increase his workload tomorrow. Shin splints, only treatment is a little rest
    shin splints?

are you kidding me, for a pro athlete? wow, that is just not being ready for the season, sorry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Its so stupid. Just run the damn plays already. We need the practice.

The Giants were running playaction on us, throwing deep to cruz etc. They were practicing their offense. But no, not the Jets. We gong to hide everything.

From Tanny down this whole staff is a f#ckin joke. No wonder we are in the position we are.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Cue the Namath haters who will pledge to avoid him like the plague; aka mike francessa.

I like joe willy.
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    shin splints?

are you kidding me, for a pro athlete? wow, that is just not being ready for the season, sorry.
    ****ing McDonald's nutrition!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Santonio Holmes on Jets not showing Wildcat-type plays in preseason: "Why give everybody a clue right now? Leave them all guessing."

But, but, but people are on the ledge now...
    So, hiding plays might catch the first couple of teams we play off-guard.

Then what?

The rest of teams will have film and the "secrets" are out.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Then what?

We need that Buffalo W. Then, back to the drawing board.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Then what?

So under your theory every game in the NFL after week two should end in a 0-0 tie.

I mean, after all, after a couple of games each team will have film and will have seen all of the plays of every other team.s.

shin splints?

Shin splints are nasty. Not always an indication of 'being ready' for the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Cue the Namath haters who will pledge to avoid him like the plague; aka mike francessa.

I like joe willy.
    Despite the HATE that Namath received from posters last year, he was like NOSTRADUMUS on the state of the Jets he was right on just about everything he said, from Rex overly praising the players, to Sanchez not being develped properly, to the bragging talk not helping...

Based on how right Namath was the Jets need to bring him in as a consultant!!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-23-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Despite the HATE that Namath received from posters last year, he was like NOSTRADUMUS on the state of the Jets he was right on just about everything he said, from Rex overly praising the players, to Sanchez not being develped properly, to the bragging talk not helping...

I'm one of the ones that thinks Namath should stay quiet, and I'll say this, he did say what the state of the locker room was.

But, at the time he started spouting off, he was granted access to the locker room. He saw everything from the inside.

Let's respect Joe for what he's done, but predicting it he hardly did. He was banned from the locker room after he started making his statements, and then felt badly that he wasn't invited in there anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm one of the ones that thinks Namath should stay quiet, and I'll say this, he did say what the state of the locker room was.

But, at the time he started spouting off, he was granted access to the locker room. He saw everything from the inside.

Let's respect Joe for what he's done, but predicting it he hardly did. He was banned from the locker room after he started making his statements, and then felt badly that he wasn't invited in there anymore.
    John I hear what you are saying; but the question is if Namath could see these things when he had what you term is "access" to the locker room then why didn't the HC (Rex), FO (Tanny) and the rest of the Jets organization? We have to remember that the Jets organization as a whole, including Rex, by their own admission, were "clueless" as to what was happening in that same locker room

IMO killing the messenger is never the answer.

And that is what the Jets did; they acted as if by shunning Namath that he was responsible for the Jets disfunction and not the players and the coaches themselves....

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

He also said in TC two seasons ago the Jets WRs weren't going full speed in practice and running lazy routes..Another correct observation by Joe.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    So under your theory every game in the NFL after week two should end in a 0-0 tie.

I mean, after all, after a couple of games each team will have film and will have seen all of the plays of every other team.s.

No. That's not my theory nor does it even relate to what I said about the wildcat.

Veteran
    shin splints?

I have to admit it seems like Joe can't win no matter what he does. It's like the guy is cursed. I like the guy but just go out there and play without hesitation. Big year for him not just with the Jets but in the NFL. I think being in the shadow of Reggie Bush has effected him.

Jets Insider VIP
    shin splints?

Just another cheap shot at McKnight. Please tell us what condition he reported to camp in. ( please read the following):

Shin splints can be caused by an increased amount of of muscle work in the lower leg, usually due to too much excercise. The most common symptoms include discomfort, dull pain, or swelling.
    Just sayin........ and from the Mayo Clinic:

Definition
    By Mayo Clinic staff

CLICK TO ENLARGE
    Shin splints
    The term "shin splints" refers to pain along or just behind the shinbone (tibia) — the large bone in the front of your lower leg. Medically known as medial tibial stress syndrome, shin splints occur during physical activity and result from too much force being placed on your shinbone and connective tissues that attach your muscles to the bone. Shin splints are common in runners and in those who participate in activities with sudden stops and starts, such as basketball, soccer or tennis.

The risk of shin splints is no reason to give up your morning jog or afternoon aerobics class. Most cases of shin splints can be treated with rest, ice and other self-care measures. Wearing proper footwear and modifying your exercise routine can help prevent shin splints from recurring.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 08-23-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Just another cheap shot at McKnight. Please tell us what condition he reported to camp in. ( please read the following):

Shin splints can be caused by an increased amount of of muscle work in the lower leg, usually due to too much excercise. The most common symptoms include discomfort, dull pain, or swelling.

Definition
    By Mayo Clinic staff

CLICK TO ENLARGE
    Shin splints
    The term "shin splints" refers to pain along or just behind the shinbone (tibia) the large bone in the front of your lower leg. Medically known as medial tibial stress syndrome, shin splints occur during physical activity and result from too much force being placed on your shinbone and connective tissues that attach your muscles to the bone. Shin splints are common in runners and in those who participate in activities with sudden stops and starts, such as basketball, soccer or tennis.

The risk of shin splints is no reason to give up your morning jog or afternoon aerobics class. Most cases of shin splints can be treated with rest, ice and other self-care measures. Wearing proper footwear and modifying your exercise routine can help prevent shin splints from recurring.
    when I was at my most athletic and running 4 to 5 miles a day, i would get shin splints. it has nothing to do with conditioning.

Austin Howard ‏@AustinHoward68
    No one has higher expectations out of me than I do of myself. I will give my all to prepare, and play as the #Jets deserve out of their RT.

All League
    shin splints?

Shin splints have nothing to do with conditioning

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post

Definition
    By Mayo Clinic staff

CLICK TO ENLARGE
    Shin splints
    The term "shin splints" refers to pain along or just behind the shinbone (tibia) the large bone in the front of your lower leg. Medically known as medial tibial stress syndrome, shin splints occur during physical activity and result from too much force being placed on your shinbone and connective tissues that attach your muscles to the bone. Shin splints are common in runners and in those who participate in activities with sudden stops and starts, such as basketball, soccer or tennis.

No cheap shot, and I would think you know me well enough to know. I wouldnt take one KJ. From my personal experience the only time i. Ever got shin splints was when I was not physically ready forthe start of one of my seasons. I really dont carewhat the Mayo clinic thinks about it, as a now former athlete I know when I got them and when I didnt, and when I was in shape for the start ofa season I did not get shin splints.