Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets 8/23 News & Tweets

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Austin Howard ‏@AustinHoward68
    No one has higher expectations out of me than I do of myself. I will give my all to prepare, and play as the #Jets deserve out of their RT.
    Clearly he'll be All Pro.

LOL.

The daily camp updates suck now. What happened?

We thought we had problems

trey wingo ‏@wingoz
    clearly the AZ offensive line doesn't want either Kolb or Skelton to get the job.. holy free for all

Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    This Cardinals OL is BAD!!

How can an OL be this bad w/ Russ Grimm coaching it?!
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-23-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4562264]We thought we had problems

trey wingo ‏@wingoz
    clearly the AZ offensive line doesn't want either Kolb or Skelton to get the job.. holy free for all

This Cardinals OL is BAD!![/QUOte

That AZ O-Line is pretty pretty pretty Bad!

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    No cheap shot, and I would think you know me well enough to know. I wouldnt take one KJ. From my personal experience the only time i. Ever got shin splints was when I was not physically ready forthe start of one of my seasons. I really dont carewhat the Mayo clinic thinks about it, as a now former athlete I know when I got them and when I didnt, and when I was in shape for the start ofa season I did not get shin splints.
    Same here. Ran cross country all through high school and only had shin splints very early in the season when I pushed it too hard for my conditioning level.

Veteran
    yes, this AZ o-line is bad. the difference between this Cardinals offense and the Jets offense? they have a dynamic wide out in Larry Fitzgerald. He helps others get open by drawing double and triple teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    yes, this AZ o-line is bad. the difference between this Cardinals offense and the Jets offense? they have a dynamic wide out in Larry Fitzgerald. He helps others get open by drawing double and triple teams.
    You are 100% Correct!!!!!

The key is the Jets have tripple ugliness.

First they have a pooprly functioning OL;
    Second they have average to below average RBs; and
    Third they have WRs who can not consistently gain seperation on their routes!!

All three equal the kiss of death for an offense.....

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    I just saw Massie get called for a hold and then on the very next play Hunter-ized for a 2-second sack.

I still think I would have liked the Jets to take Massie - at least there'd be a *chance* we'd have a decent RT...

trey wingo ‏@wingoz

Hey look SARS candidate to win the Jets HC job is doing a great job in Arizona with that line.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Same here. Ran cross country all through high school and only had shin splints very early in the season when I pushed it too hard for my conditioning level.
    Eh it is really hard to say. Almost like overworking in a lifting program. You could say the person needs more time to recover or that he/she is not conditioned well. Shin splints can hit at any time, mine used to randomly flare up. Not just at the beginning.

Baltimore Ravens backup safety Emanuel Cook will be lost for the season after suffering a broken right leg in Thursday night's preseason win over Jacksonville.

"One of my favorite guys broke his leg," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said via the Baltimore Sun. "He's had a really good camp, and he's one of our most valuable special teams guys from last year. So, that was tough. I think it's in the lower leg, so it's a season-ending deal."

Baltimore Ravens backup safety Emanuel Cook will be lost for the season after suffering a broken right leg in Thursday night's preseason win over Jacksonville.

"One of my favorite guys broke his leg," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said via the Baltimore Sun. "He's had a really good camp, and he's one of our most valuable special teams guys from last year. So, that was tough. I think it's in the lower leg, so it's a season-ending deal."
    I hate injuries like that, for any player.

Good luck healing, Emanuel.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    RT @ConorTOrr: McKnight said he can increase his workload tomorrow. Shin splints, only treatment is a little rest
    I had shin-splints in bootcamp alot of years ago, the only thing you can do is gut it out....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    No cheap shot, and I would think you know me well enough to know. I wouldnt take one KJ. From my personal experience the only time i. Ever got shin splints was when I was not physically ready forthe start of one of my seasons. I really dont carewhat the Mayo clinic thinks about it, as a now former athlete I know when I got them and when I didnt, and when I was in shape for the start ofa season I did not get shin splints.
    I can honestly say, I can't recall ever hearing of an NFL player getting shin splints before. NBA yes. NFL no.

Jets Insider VIP

trey wingo ‏@wingoz

Damien. Two words. Levi Brown.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I had shin-splints in bootcamp alot of years ago, the only thing you can do is gut it out....
    Yeah, in boot camp. These prima donna athletes have to rest, soak it, massages, etc...