Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 125

Thread: Darrelle Revis: Not Enough Done to Support Mark Sanchez

  1. #101
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,539
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know the details of the extension.

    So after 2013, the Jets would not be on the hook for a large cap hit?
    Zero cap hit.

  2. #102
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    For a guy who supposedly follows football and does draft "analysis", your understanding of how rookie salaries, especially those in top 5 picks, work. You have been complaining how much money Mark makes for 2 years now, and when confronted with the fact that his salary was based on his draft slot and position he plays, you have nothing to say.
    LOL, he sounds like Maganus.

    Yet, he'll still defend the picks and massive $$ paid to Robertson and Gholston.

    _

  3. #103
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,539
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    LOL, he sounds like Maganus.

    Yet, he'll still defend the picks and massive $$ paid to Robertson and Gholston.

    _
    He makes it seem like he was a 7th round draft pick and the Jets gave him all that money for no reason.

  4. #104
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He makes it seem like he was a 7th round draft pick and the Jets gave him all that money for no reason.
    It's like he's purposefully being naive.

    Mr. Draft-Know-It-All understands EXACTLY how slotting works--both pre and post Rookie cap--he just likes sh*tting on Sanchez.


    _

  5. #105
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    It's like he's purposefully being naive.

    Mr. Draft-Know-It-All understands EXACTLY how slotting works--both pre and post Rookie cap--he just likes sh*tting on Sanchez.


    _
    A Dirty Sanchez?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    It's like he's purposefully being naive.

    Mr. Draft-Know-It-All understands EXACTLY how slotting works--both pre and post Rookie cap--he just likes sh*tting on Sanchez.
    it's easier to attack me than it is to defend Mark Sanchez.

    i don't care if he got the money because of slotting. when is he gonna EARN it?

    this is not a 10 million dollar player. more like a 2 dollar player.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__F9d0rxYcM

  7. #107
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,891
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    it's easier to attack me than it is to defend Mark Sanchez.

    i don't care if he got the money because of slotting. when is he gonna EARN it?

    this is not a 10 million dollar player. more like a 2 dollar player.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__F9d0rxYcM
    Its impossible to state you dont think he is good without getting attacked, and labeled at the least a sojf.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Its impossible to state you dont think he is good without getting attacked, and labeled at the least a sojf.
    Exactly. And with all this cap talk people forget that other players amongst the core are making big time dollars this year. Unfortunately the offense is going to have to make due with the players on the roster as we cant go out and spend to bring in big time FA's every year.

    The FO is hoping that Sanchez takes the next steps as am I. Tebow is an insurance policy to fill the seats in case things go south this season IMHO.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    Revisionist history. No one was saying those things about Holmes when they signed him to that big deal.

    Bit's point is a valid one. Sure the Jets offense isnt full of world beaters but no offense in the NFL is full of elite talent. Sanchez NEEDS to elevate his game this season to make up for the "lack" of talent on the offensive side of the ball. To date, he has been paid to do that. Time for him to man up and show us he is a legitimate top 10 QB in this league. If he cannot do that its high time to start searching for another QB who can.

    Yes they were. As a matter of fact a good portion of the fanbase wanted Braylon over Holmes. It was only a little over a year ago, and for a month 25% of the posts concerned it.

  10. #110
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,539
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    it's easier to attack me than it is to defend Mark Sanchez.

    i don't care if he got the money because of slotting. when is he gonna EARN it?

    this is not a 10 million dollar player. more like a 2 dollar player.

    ]
    What an ignorant statement. You complain for years about the money as if the Jets had a choice as to how much they were going to pay him. Funny, we didnt see any of your complaints when he signed the contract. Yet you go on and on about the money. You can say he hasnt progressed as you would have liked, or he continues to make the same mistakes, but to bring up the money is a moot point. The money was the money based on where they drafted him.

  11. #111
    Sanchez earned every dollar of his contract. The reason he is getting paid more than Stafford is that Tanny structured the contract based on team incentives, the team made the playoffs 2 years in a row and it kicked in all the incentives.
    Sanchez took a chance with a little less guarantee for a bigger return on the high side. he won.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Yes they were. As a matter of fact a good portion of the fanbase wanted Braylon over Holmes. It was only a little over a year ago, and for a month 25% of the posts concerned it.
    Did they? The fans also didnt want Tebow here but that doesnt change managements philosophy. There were discussions internally over who should be brought back and I would like to think that Sanchez was involved. Holmes is a good receiver who brings a lot to the table skill wise. It's Sanchezs responsibilty to get him the ball.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Sanchez earned every dollar of his contract. The reason he is getting paid more than Stafford is that Tanny structured the contract based on team incentives, the team made the playoffs 2 years in a row and it kicked in all the incentives.
    Sanchez took a chance with a little less guarantee for a bigger return on the high side. he won.
    He did, did he? With a #1 running game and a top flight defense. He still has the top flight defense but not a #1 running game. Sanchez needed to play up to his contract last year and failed to do so. I have my fingers crossed that he will, just not buying into the excuses being made in regards to the talent around him.

  14. #114
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Its impossible to state you dont think he is good without getting attacked, and labeled at the least a sojf.
    It's not officlial until Ray Ray, sg3 and Kentucky Jet call it.

  15. #115
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    it's easier to attack me than it is to defend Mark Sanchez.

    i don't care if he got the money because of slotting. when is he gonna EARN it?

    this is not a 10 million dollar player. more like a 2 dollar player.
    What about the performances of guys like Bart Scott and Santonio Holmes?

    Scott was brought in because Rex HAD to have him. He was going to be the Jets version of Ray Lewis. Instead we now realize that Ray Lewis MADE him and he's marginal without Ray Lewis.

    Have they earned their big salaries? Salaries which, by the way, weren't slotted and were negotiated by Tannenbaum.

  16. #116
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    What about the performances of guys like Bart Scott and Santonio Holmes?

    Scott was brought in because Rex HAD to have him. He was going to be the Jets version of Ray Lewis. Instead we now realize that Ray Lewis MADE him and he's marginal without Ray Lewis.

    Have they earned their big salaries? Salaries which, by the way, weren't slotted and were negotiated by Tannenbaum.
    +1000. These were decisions that they had a choice in. They didn't have to pay Holmes like a top 5 WR in the league yet they did. His production is more of a 40-50 type player.

    Scott had a few good years for us but we paid him like a top flight LB, he's not. These are the types of salaries you can have a problem with.

    A rookie QB that got his slotted salary a few years before the wage scale was implemented is nothing something you should complain about. You can attack Mark Sanchez's play on the field, but constantly spewing he gets paid too much is asinine and its getting really old.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    What about the performances of guys like Bart Scott and Santonio Holmes?

    this is the "two wrongs don't make a right" defense. I say Sanchez isn't good you say Bart Scott isn't good. WE might both be right.

    Look at that video clip again. Protection was great. Jets down by 6 points even tho Hunter gave up 3 or 4 sacks to that point. Mark stares down his target, makes a bad mistake and it's basically game over.

    There's no problem with this team Mark Sanchez can't fix. And he doesn't need to be surrounded by All-Pro's to make a decent and quick decision.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    +1000. These were decisions that they had a choice in.
    the Jets chose to draft Mark Sanchez, did they not?

  19. #119
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    the Jets chose to draft Mark Sanchez, did they not?
    Attack Sanchez's play all you want. There is a lot to attack. Getting pissed off about his salary is not something we need to hear in EVERY SINGLE THREAD YOU POST IN.

  20. #120
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    this is the "two wrongs don't make a right" defense. I say Sanchez isn't good you say Bart Scott isn't good. WE might both be right.
    This isn't about two wrongs making a right.

    This is about you constantly harping on Sanchez' salary, which was slotted, and ignoring the performances of other players who are being grossly overpayed, based on their play, with contracts that were negotiated by the same GM who drafted Sanchez.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us