Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrelle Revis: Not Enough Done to Support Mark Sanchez

Jet defender, that plays against the offense each practice, is questioning if offense will suck.

That means there is little or no credence to the top secret - save the day - tebow - wildcat - super offense we have been hiding for opening day .

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    I see your point, but I wonder what Santonio Holmes, Shonn Green, Dustin Keller, Jeremy Kerley and the Offensive line think of the comment? If heard that, I would probably give the big **** you to Revis.
    I think Revis knows the lack of any depth on the offense is scary thin. He goes up against these guys everyday in practice, if any of them really had any talent I am sure he would feel differently. The fact is with Holmes hurt, the WRs are a mess and to expect all of these young late round draft picks and UDFAs to become the next Wayne Chrebet is not realistic. Tanny didnt have to sign any big name, high priced free agent WR, just an average competent guy. He failed to do so, add an all around average TE to the list of missing weapons as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I think that it actually bodes pretty well for locker room harmony.

The defense knows that the offense stinks, not for lack of effort, but because there is a lack of talent. Revis' comments are more indicative of a locker room/front office divide.

The defense isn't looking at the offense going "You guys need to play better."
    They're looking at the front office going "You need to get better players for the offense."
    The defense knows that realistically if they got to play the Jets offense in a regular season game, it'd be one of their easiest games of the year. They aren't stupid. They know elite talent on offense when they see it and the Jets don't have any.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The defense knows that realistically if they got to play the Jets offense in a regular season game, it'd be one of their easiest games of the year. They aren't stupid. They know elite talent on offense when they see it and the Jets don't have any.
    Of course you are 100% Correct!!!!

I for one would trade the ENTIRE WR & TE corp for a Megatron or a Fitzgerald that is how unimpressive the Jet group is.....

Hall Of Fame
    Finally, someone who knows what the f*ck they are talking about states the obvious truth.

Oh, we're just Sanchez apologists, I get it.

The Jets have done NOTHING to help Mark Sanchez. Never have.

THAT'S being objective.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

He's right, there's very little talent on offense. If we werent Jet fans we'd laugh at the collection of skill players. Can't even run the damn ball, near last in YPC last year and did nothing to address it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Finally, someone who knows what the f*ck they are talking about states the obvious truth.

THAT'S being objective.

_
    Hard to argue this and I agree. Each year the offensive talent has got worse and worse. This years talent on offense is the worst in Sanchez's 4 years. But at some point you have to find a way. Holmes, Keller, Green with a little of the rook should be enough for Sanchez to improve. Great players find a way and make others better. Especially if you're a great QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Hard to argue this and I agree. Each year the offensive talent has got worse and worse. This years talent on offense is the worst in Sanchez's 4 years. But at some point you have to find a way. Holmes, Keller, Green with a little of the rook should be enough for Sanchez to improve. Great players find a way and make others better. Especially if you're a great QB.
    But he's been given the greatest defense in the history of the league and his OL has been the awesomest.

He should have wom the SB by now.

_

Hall Of Fame
    So what would be an acceptable year for Sanchez given his weapons this year?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So what would be an acceptable year for Sanchez given his weapons this year?
    With our defense we'd make the playoffs if his numbers were 20 and 10.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    TEBOW!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think Revis knows the lack of any depth on the offense is scary thin. He goes up against these guys everyday in practice, if any of them really had any talent I am sure he would feel differently. The fact is with Holmes hurt, the WRs are a mess and to expect all of these young late round draft picks and UDFAs to become the next Wayne Chrebet is not realistic. Tanny didnt have to sign any big name, high priced free agent WR, just an average competent guy. He failed to do so, add an all around average TE to the list of missing weapons as well.
    How many times have we read that HILL caught a TD over Revis? Quite a few times and he is just a raw rookie.

Rookie
    With our defense we'd make the playoffs if his numbers were 20 and 10.
    20/10 for Sanchez would be a good year. As long as the O-Line gives him time in the pocket he can be a successful quarterback. But with the lack of weapons this year its gonna be tough. This Defense if its stays healthy is gonna be really good. Probably most talented Defense under Rex. But they can only take this team so far.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Each year we are getting younger and younger soon it will be the LB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    If players on the team are "not sure" that the Jets have properly supported Sanchez then clearly the fans who have said this for the last 3 years may not have been crazy afterall.......

Just wish Revis could keep this stuff to himself...gives everyone more ammo to kill us...

Hall Of Fame

But at some point you have to find a way.

Great players find a way and make others better. Especially if you're a great QB.
    This is so pfailingly great, I don't know what to say.

So basically his talent has eroded every year, the talent around him sucks, but he just has "to find a way".

Great players, especially great QBs make the sh*t around them better.

Classic.

Hey Sanchez, just be...great...and...get'er done.

Amirite?!?

Wow.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    This is so pfailingly great, I don't know what to say.

So basically his talent has eroded every year, the talent around him sucks, but he just has "to find a way".

Great players, especially great QBs make the sh*t around them better.

Classic.

Hey Sanchez, just be...great...and...get'er done.

Amirite?!?

Wow.

_

Yeap Sanchez is just to put on his cape and "elevate" Turner into Steve Largent or Jerry Rice or Megatron.....

That is what Montana and Young did...

Hall Of Fame

THAT'S being objective.

_
    You have to come back to us a little.

In 2011 they did little to help him. In 2012 they have done nothing to help him.

But in his first two years I think he had a pretty decent situation. Not perfect. But not David Carr either. The #1 and #4 running game IS a big bonus for a young QB. Not sure if you would find a QB to disagree with that.

So to say "NOTHING" is a bit strong if we are talking about his career as a whole. But to use the word to describe 2012, it would be accurate. He has basically gotten sabotaged this year.