Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Braylon outplaying T.O. in Seattle

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I agree. I am really high on kerley and think he'll be a good contributer for our team. Hill is 2-3 years away from making any significant impact though.
    Hill can block AND stretch the field. That will impact the offense immediately.

RT is the main issue. The entire scope of the season will change if we find a viable tackle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

RT is the main issue. The entire scope of the season will change if we find a viable tackle.
    Hill should be able to have an impact without even doing much. If he can clear out a safety on some fly patterns, keep defenses from putting 8 guys in the box with his speed, and catch/draw a penalty on an occasional deep sideline play, then it will have a big positive impact on the offense as a whole.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

His speed means nothing if he can't get off the line cleanly. So far he's struggled against physical DBs and isn't confortable with the offense. most recievers take 3 years before they have a break out year. I predict longer for hill since he isn't anywhere where we want him to be.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think with the way the receivers are looking we have to be checking out one w
    Of these guys if they get cut. I'm sure there are some pretty decent receivers that will be cut monday and that we will work out a few

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braylon and TO both have a very good chance to get cut by the seahags. I'm against signing either one of these 2 but if I were to select the lesser of two evils I go with Braylon.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you not want Braylon?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Enough about Braylon already. Get over it. The guy was drinking and driving with teammates in the car. If you have a problem, blame Braylon for being a moron and ruining what could have been. It's over Johnny.
    And yet the high morality of the Jets FO and ownership allowed him to play the entire 2010 season and help them get to the AFCCG.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And yet the high morality of the Jets FO and ownership allowed him to play the entire 2010 season and help them get to the AFCCG.

Dude that was 2 years ago. That was. Totally different team and totally different players at the time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Guy hasn't been on the team for two years now and we still have at least one thread about him every week on this board.

I guess I'll have to wait for Braylon to retire before I can erase him from my memory.
    I hope your memories of him and the 2010 season are fond, because it will be a LONG time before this team gets back to an AFCCG, much less a Super Bowl, in the near future. Not with the way this offense is being built.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Dude that was 2 years ago. That was. Totally different team and totally different players at the time.
    My response was to the "High Morality" people who can only focus on a transgression and not the overall picture. Probably the same people who were here 5-6 years ago chanting the "He's not a Mangini-type" mantra.

Yet they ignore the fact that said transgression happened BEFORE the 2010 season and the Jets had NO problem letting Braylon play in 2010. But now it's a problem?

Kinda kicks that "morality" argument in the ass.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Or until we start scoring points on offense. If we'd put up 30 in the first 2 preseason games, everyone would have forgotten about Braylon by now.
    And there's the rub.

Letting a player go on what could be "morality" issues or something along those lines is one thing.

But to let that player go and not AT LEAST bring in a comparable replacement to help a young QB continue his development, is inexcuseable.

And I don't want to hear about Stephen Hill and/or Chaz Schilens being that guy. Hill may be a good to great player down the road, but he ain't there yet and won't be for a while.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Doesn't change what he is. Great in practice a dog on game day.
    You clearly are clueless.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordy, morality has nothing to do with it. He is NOT the same player anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

It will only have an immediate impact if he actually burns some players for big plays immediately. If the Jets don't throw to him or he drops it it will have no effect at all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Yet since we let him go, braylon has done absolutely nothing, and now he's fighting for a roster spot. F'ng Tanny .
    LOL.

Some of you are simply hopeless.

Yes, he did absolutely nothing in ONE injury-riddled season and is now back, apparently healthy, and ready to contribute.

Meanwhile, we are ****ing STACKED at WR and loaded for bear!!!

Watch out New England!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordy, morality has nothing to do with it. He is NOT the same player anymore.
    But how do we honestly know this? He was injured last year. He's not the first player to be injured who could come back and be productive.

I doubt anyone is giving up on Calvin Johnson (no I'm not comparing their talents. Just the notion that someone who was injured throught one season can't come back and be effective and help this team). Wes Welker is not the player he once was either. But he's still effective.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Some of you are simply hopeless.

Yes, he did absolutely nothing in ONE injury-riddled season and is now back, apparently healthy, and ready to contribute.

Meanwhile, we are ****ing STACKED at WR and loaded for bear!!!

Watch out New England!!!

He's not the answer. Not even for a temporary solution.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    But how do we honestly know this? He was injured last year. He's not the first player to be injured who could come back and be productive.

I doubt anyone is giving up on Calvin Johnson (no I'm not comparing their talents. Just the notion that someone who was injured throught one season can't come back and be effective and help this team). Wes Welker is not the player he once was either. But he's still effective.
    Nobody wanted him. Nobody. It took him 6 months to sign with a team. So he makes 1 catch against a scrub 3rd team safety playing corner and all of a sudden he can play.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not the answer. Not even for a temporary solution.
    We agree to disagree.

Unless and until Edwards shows that he's a shell of his former self, I will stand by what I have said here over the last year. Edwards was one of Sanchez' favorite receivers. The Jets were 20-12 with Braylon and 8-8 without him. The thing is, we will never know for sure if he could have helped or not. But this current WR corps is not going to get it done this year. There's simply not enough experience to help Sanchez overcome his deficiencies and those of the OL.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We agree to disagree.

Unless and until Edwards shows that he's a shell of his former self, I will stand by what I have said here over the last year. Edwards was one of Sanchez' favorite receivers. The Jets were 20-12 with Braylon and 8-8 without him. The thing is, we will never know for sure if he could have helped or not. But this current WR corps is not going to get it done this year. There's simply not enough experience to help Sanchez overcome his deficiencies and those of the OL.
    Listen, I hope the Seahawks cut him and the Jets sign him and he actually has a serviceable season. I'll eat my words then and there. But what are the chances of that?