Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Braylon outplaying T.O. in Seattle

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Listen, I hope the Seahawks cut him and the Jets sign him and he actually has a serviceable season. I'll eat my words then and there. But what are the chances of that?
    Doesn't look very good right now. I think he makes that team. Would you take TO at this point for one season?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Doesn't look very good right now. I think he makes that team. Would you take TO at this point for one season?
    Actually, they were discussing it on nfl radio for quite a bit that both of them would probably get cut. And NO to TO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Actually, they were discussing it on nfl radio for quite a bit that both of them would probably get cut. And NO to TO.
    Braylon will most likely make the team.

Honestly, Golden Tate has a chance to be cut there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Braylon will most likely make the team.

Honestly, Golden Tate has a chance to be cut there.
    Sign that beast!!

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    31 other GMs never made Santonio Holmes an offer, what's your point?

Did you not read the link regarding the BS restaurant brawl story? Edwards had at least one offer before that story came out. So, with that in mind, he had two offers. Santonio had one.

And the mistake was obvious. Just look at the 2011 NY Jets offensive offensive play.
    Dude, 30 other GMs didn't offer Holmes a mega-contract. 30 other GMs didn't offer Braylon an invite (even the team he played for the year before).

If you don't see a difference, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not even "taking sides" -- in a perfect world we'd still have a 2010 Edwards on our roster. But we don't, and it's getting tiring hearing how "stupid" our FO is when all they did was make the same decision pretty much the rest of the league did . . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Dude, 30 other GMs didn't offer Holmes a mega-contract. 30 other GMs didn't offer Braylon an invite (even the team he played for the year before).

I'm not even "taking sides" -- in a perfect world we'd still have a 2010 Edwards on our roster. But we don't, and it's getting tiring hearing how "stupid" our FO is when all they did was make the same decision pretty much the rest of the league did . . .
    They may or may not be stupid for their decision with Edwards, but they are certainly stupid for their decision in not getting any veteran help at WR this off-season.

Normally, I wouldn't use the word stupid but since you did, I figured what the hell.

They may or may not be stupid for their decision with Edwards, but they are certainly stupid for their decision in not getting any veteran help at WR this off-season.

Normally, I wouldn't use the word stupid but since you did, I figured what the hell.
    I agree there is a difference between they should have gotten BRAYLON vs. they should have gotten SOMEBODY.

TBH, I don't know who was out there for the taking, so maybe that's why I'm a little less annoyed at their lack of movement (same for RT).

If this season has Adrien Clarke all over it, the FO bears 100% of the blame. If Braylon beasts it, same. But I'm going to hold judgement until I have reason to do so . . .

Hall Of Fame

...or stupid

Sign that beast!!
    Uugh, no. He's a slower Cotchery, but not as fast or as strong or as good hands. Basically he's Matthew Hatchett, but a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post

...or stupid
    Please start posting the article and not just the link.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I agree there is a difference between they should have gotten BRAYLON vs. they should have gotten SOMEBODY.

TBH, I don't know who was out there for the taking, so maybe that's why I'm a little less annoyed at their lack of movement (same for RT).

If this season has Adrien Clarke all over it, the FO bears 100% of the blame. If Braylon beasts it, same. But I'm going to hold judgement until I have reason to do so . . .
    There were a LOT of FA WR's of all different shapes and sizes out there. Much bigger selection than there were OT's.

And deciding that Chaz Schilens was their man was, to me, one of the biggest mistakes of this off-season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Uugh, no. He's a slower Cotchery, but not as fast or as strong or as good hands. Basically he's Matthew Hatchett, but a little better.
    He ran a 4.36 at the Combine just 2 1/2 years ago and I believe is regularly in the 4.4's.

He ran a 4.36 at the Combine just 2 1/2 years ago and I believe is regularly in the 4.4's.
    All I know is that he can't get off the ball, is not explosive, and not reliable. They feel about him in Seattle as we feel about Eric Smith.

There were a LOT of FA WR's of all different shapes and sizes out there. Much bigger selection than there were OT's.

And deciding that Chaz Schilens was their man was, to me, one of the biggest mistakes of this off-season.
    Could you throw a few names out that you liked?

All League
    Forget braylon, he would never be able to keep up with our wr's in the tour de france..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Could you throw a few names out that you liked?
    Off the top of my head, Manningham, Garcon, Lee Evans, Donnie Avery, Steve Smith. All these guys would have been a better option than Schilens IMO. I know Manningham and Garcon were significantly more expensive (but then I also could have mentioned Bowe and Vincent Jackson). But many times, you usually get what you pay for. I think we're seeing that with Schilens.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    Forget braylon, he would never be able to keep up with our wr's in the tour de france..
    Yes our WR's are burning it up in the pre-season so far here in 2012.

Hall Of Fame
    Off the top of my head, Manningham, Garcon, Lee Evans, Donnie Avery, Steve Smith. All these guys would have been a better option than Schilens IMO. I know Manningham and Garcon were significantly more expensive (but then I also could have mentioned Bowe and Vincent Jackson). But many times, you usually get what you pay for. I think we're seeing that with Schilens.
    Here are a few other options that would have been much more economical and still better than Schilens. Harry Douglas, Early Doucet, Lavelle Hawkins, Devin Aromashadu, are options off the top of my head that could have been had for cheap. I really liked Doucet, I think he signed a deal for less than 2 million a year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    His speed means nothing if he can't get off the line cleanly. So far he's struggled against physical DBs and isn't confortable with the offense. most recievers take 3 years before they have a break out year. I predict longer for hill since he isn't anywhere where we want him to be.
    LOL.

You're writing a book on the rookie's future based on two preseason games?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Selective morality is so annoying.
    This.