Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon outplaying T.O. in Seattle

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Braylon outplaying T.O. in Seattle

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-to-in-seattle

Will Braylon Edwards spell doom for T.O. in Seattle?

By Marc Sessler

Published: Aug. 23, 2012 at 06:05 p.m.
    Updated: Aug. 23, 2012 at 06:31 p.m.

Pete Carroll loves competition. As much as any coach in the league, the leader of the Seattle Seahawks doesn't shy away from pitting established starters and veterans against newbies and nobodies.

Tarvaris Jackson learned the hard way that re-winning your job each season is the new normal in Seattle. Matt Flynn and rookie Russell Wilson have edged out Jackson at quarterback after spending the summer throwing to a group of receivers that range from undrafted rookies to down-on-their-luck, last-chance characters like Terrell Owens and Braylon Edwards.

It's a crowded house at wideout, but that won't last. One of these two aging vets is likely to go.

Eric Williams of The News Tribune has followed the team closely and had an interesting take on where T.O. and Edwards stand heading into Saunday's game against the Denver Broncos.

On Edwards: "Every day during practice Edwards makes at least one eye-opening play. Right now, Edwards is the most consistent of the big receivers who can make explosive plays down the field. I find it hard to believe he will not be on Seattle's roster when the season begins."

On Owens: "He has a lot to overcome. And the fact that he finished without a catch and a bad drop against Denver is just scratching the surface. He still appears to be the same T.O. who complains when things are not going his way. And Pete Carroll will not put up with that from a fifth or sixth receiver -- see T.J. Houshmandzadeh."

In Seattle, the words "see T.J. Houshmandzadeh" sound an awful lot like the trumpet of doom.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' One Eye View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-to-in-seattle

Will Braylon Edwards spell doom for T.O. in Seattle?

By Marc Sessler

Published: Aug. 23, 2012 at 06:05 p.m.
    Updated: Aug. 23, 2012 at 06:31 p.m.

Pete Carroll loves competition. As much as any coach in the league, the leader of the Seattle Seahawks doesn't shy away from pitting established starters and veterans against newbies and nobodies.

Tarvaris Jackson learned the hard way that re-winning your job each season is the new normal in Seattle. Matt Flynn and rookie Russell Wilson have edged out Jackson at quarterback after spending the summer throwing to a group of receivers that range from undrafted rookies to down-on-their-luck, last-chance characters like Terrell Owens and Braylon Edwards.

It's a crowded house at wideout, but that won't last. One of these two aging vets is likely to go.

Eric Williams of The News Tribune has followed the team closely and had an interesting take on where T.O. and Edwards stand heading into Saunday's game against the Denver Broncos.

On Edwards: "Every day during practice Edwards makes at least one eye-opening play. Right now, Edwards is the most consistent of the big receivers who can make explosive plays down the field. I find it hard to believe he will not be on Seattle's roster when the season begins."

On Owens: "He has a lot to overcome. And the fact that he finished without a catch and a bad drop against Denver is just scratching the surface. He still appears to be the same T.O. who complains when things are not going his way. And Pete Carroll will not put up with that from a fifth or sixth receiver -- see T.J. Houshmandzadeh."

In Seattle, the words "see T.J. Houshmandzadeh" sound an awful lot like the trumpet of doom.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.
    Enough about Braylon already. Get over it. The guy was drinking and driving with teammates in the car. If you have a problem, blame Braylon for being a moron and ruining what could have been. It's over Johnny.

Last edited by escamoter2; 08-23-2012 at 06:59 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It should be obvious by now that the Jets organization does not want to be affiliated, in any way, with Braylon Edwards. I think it sucks, but that's the way it is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    It should be obvious by now that the Jets organization does not want to be affiliated, in any way, with Braylon Edwards. I think it sucks, but that's the way it is.
    Sadly, it is starting to feel obvious by now that the Jets organization does not want to be affiliated with talent/winning.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope to find out in the afterlife who shot JFK and what the deal is with the Jets and Braylon. And equating Edwards and TO as 'two aging vets'? If Edwards is aging then TO is a fossil.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

One question -- if Braylon is so "eye-popping", then why is his being on the roster even in question?

And I'm still looking for the link that says Braylon would even be willing to come back here . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Enough about Braylon already. Get over it. The guy was drinking and driving with teammates in the car. If you have a problem, blame Braylon for being a moron and ruining what could have been. It's over Johnny.
    Selective morality is so annoying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly, it is starting to feel obvious by now that the Jets organization does not want to be affiliated with talent/winning.
    The Jets keep outsmarting themselves and it is a disgrace!!! All we need say is that even the players like Revis are begining to question the Jets commitment to an adequate offense!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post

And I'm still looking for the link that says Braylon would even be willing to come back here . . .
    Here ya go:
    http://www.rantsports.com/new-york-j...ring-him-back/

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guy hasn't been on the team for two years now and we still have at least one thread about him every week on this board.

I guess I'll have to wait for Braylon to retire before I can erase him from my memory.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

I was pissed when we kept Holmes over Braylon.......Pissed I tell ya! Can't change it, all we can do is live with it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Guy hasn't been on the team for two years now and we still have at least one thread about him every week on this board.

I guess I'll have to wait for Braylon to retire before I can erase him from my memory.
    Or until we start scoring points on offense. If we'd put up 30 in the first 2 preseason games, everyone would have forgotten about Braylon by now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't change what he is. Great in practice a dog on game day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Selective morality is so annoying.
    Selective? The guy had a history of problems in Cleveland. We gave him a second chance to shape up and mature. Then, he endangers himself, his teammates and everybody on the road. Dumbass just had to make a phone call. Even if this had nothing to do with the decision over Braylon, it should be good enough to support it. You are not going to give the guy a big money extension under the circumstances.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 08-23-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement -- bringing up his "mistreatment" in 2011 probably doesn't equate to a hometown discount.

Point is, everyone is so baffled by why the Jets wouldn't even CONSIDER bringing him back. We seem extremely willing to call the FO a bunch of incompetent morons without thinking there might be other factors involved . . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or until we start scoring points on offense. If we'd put up 30 in the first 2 preseason games, everyone would have forgotten about Braylon by now.
    You can't honestly believe that...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't honestly believe that...
    That we'd forget about Braylon, or that we're capable of putting up 30 points?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

If Chaz Schilens hasnt erased the memory of Braylon, nothing will.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If Chaz Schilens hasnt erased the memory of Braylon, nothing will.
    Why hasn't Stephen Hill?

We draft an athletic freak with huge upside in the 2nd round yet I still have to be reminded constantly of the "legend that never was".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. A highly paid player at one WR spot.

2. A Highly drafted player at he other WR spot.

3. The Slot WR spot has Kerley and a good prospect in Jordan White.

4. The TE is a pass catcher.

5. The CS wants to run the ball.

I'm a big Braylon fan, but the writing was on the wall that they never had any plans to sign him or a big name WR. Schillens you say? He came cheap, and is not enough of a presence to hinder Steven Hill's development, and possible ascension to a starting spot.