Thread: Little hometown PRIDE!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Little hometown PRIDE!

I was thinking bout posting this in another forum, but this isnt Major League (nor are the Mets).

Petaluma Nationals – 2012 Little League World Series blog

It’s Petaluma vs. San Antonio

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 9:05 by P360

Petaluma National’s next assignment was sorted out roughly an hour ago, when Goodlettsville, Tenn., defeated McAlister Park National of San Antonio in the late game at Lamade Stadium.

That means Petaluma will play the team from Texas at 5 p.m. Thursday.

Some might call it an upset. After a few days of play, the emerging consensus was that San Antonio had the strongest American team. But the Southwest champion lost 4-3 to the team that beat Petaluma on Sunday. It was an exciting game, Texas taking the lead with two runs in the bottom of the fifth, and Tennessee coming back with two of its own in the sixth.

Petaluma National coach Eric Smith said that because of scheduling, this was the first time he had really been able to see San Antonio play.

“I don’t know anything about their pitching,” Smith said. “That always makes me nervous. Not because I don’t think we can hit them. Just because it adds uncertainty.”

One thing Smith picked up from the loss to Goodlettsville is that San Antonio has some strong hitters at the top of the lineup. The first three places in the order went 4 for 8 today.

“We have to try and control the top of the order, keep them off base and make the bottom hurt us,” Smith said.

The Petaluma kids did not practice today after games on three consecutive days. They mostly relaxed and played games in the rec room at The Grove, though the team did make a trip across the river to see the original Little League World Series site in Williamsport. They even met a couple of the Original Little Leaguers from 1939; yes, a few of them are still kicking around the area.

Smith confirmed that lefthander Danny Marzo will start on the mound against San Antonio on Thursday. Bradley Smith and Quinton Gago are ineligible because of recent pitch counts.

The manager got one piece of good news after the conclusion of the night game. He won a coin toss, making Petaluma National the home team against Texas.

The winner of that game will play Goodlettsville for the U.S. championship on Saturday.

Be Sociable, Share!

7-1 Luma in the fifth
    Last edited by BURGERMIKE; 08-23-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

10 Run Rule! Petaluma wins it!

THE BOYS ADVANCE TO THE FINALS.

Bring it Tennessee.

Veteran
    Congrats to your hometown team.

I was routing for the CT and TX teams (see my location, grew up in CT, live in TX).

Always fun to watch the boys play at Williamsport, seeing kids from all over the world.

My dad was president of a Little League when I was young. It was great going to all the games and working the concession stand. He died while still in office, so they named the field after him. Some nice memories.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Petaluma down by 10going into the bottom of the sixth, ties it up! Gave it up in xtra innings. They playedd in one of the most remarkable in LLWS American finals. Good Job Hometown.

Total of 40 runs scored.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGERMIKE View Post
    10 Run Rule! Petaluma wins it!

THE BOYS ADVANCE TO THE FINALS.

Bring it Tennessee.
    very uplifting..... Enjoy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    very uplifting..... Enjoy.
    Ya missed my last post