Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Colts close to a major trade??

This season you can be sure, if anything good happens, it is not going to involve us.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    how do you get this number, his salary is 3 mill but not his cap hit.
    Not his cap number. I should have said $3m gets accelerated onto his cap number if cut/traded next year.

http://nyjetscap.com/salary13.html

It's about time the Pats dumped McCourty isn't it? BB likes his draft picks. McCourty for a 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    It's about time the Pats dumped McCourty isn't it? BB likes his draft picks. McCourty for a 2nd rounder.
    Ya. Because BB knows his secondary is loaded.

All League
    That would be a steal for BB.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    That would be a steal for BB.
    So would any Jet not named Revis or Mangold.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Ya. Because BB knows his secondary is loaded.
    When has BB not unloaded a player if he fails to please him and McCourty is part of the problem not the solution. If any of the other Pats CB's plays well enough to unseat McCourty then BB would have no issue at all with dumping him and playing julian eldelman or his latest offensive reclamation projects.

You should know better than us how BB opeartes, this would be right up his alley.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    So would any Jet not named Revis or Mangold.
    We really need a troll hall of fame. Nominees get short term banz, winners get life time banz, and their names remembered for all times as the subject of all jokes

All Pro
    Hearing rumors of Welker to the Colts. I was more thinking MJD, but...

When has BB not unloaded a player if he fails to please him and McCourty is part of the problem not the solution. If any of the other Pats CB's plays well enough to unseat McCourty then BB would have no issue at all with dumping him and playing julian eldelman or his latest offensive reclamation projects.

You should know better than us how BB opeartes, this would be right up his alley.
    Except McCourty had one good year followed by one lousy year so it's too early for even Bill to give up on him this early, especially with how thin they are in the secondary. When switched to safety, McCourty acquitted himself pretty well, so there's also that.

Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Hearing rumors of Welker to the Colts. I was more thinking MJD, but...
    This makes more sense to me. Doubtful they franchise Welker next year. Word is the 2 sides can't settle on an acceptable number so he's gone anyway. It's exactly Bill's style to lose a year of service if he gets a good asset for his troubles. A high 2nd would do it for sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You also have defended Wilson by saying we're spoiled by Revis. Obviously, it's true that most of us take Revis' elite play for granted at this point, but it's still maddening to see Cro and/or Wilson slip up, usually in the same manor.

As for your question, easy: 1) Aso 2) Woodson 3) Bailey 4) Samuel 5) Finnegan. I'm a fan of Cro's, but he's in no way shape or form a top-5 corner.
    OMG no

Pats are utter fools if they don't retain Welker.

They won't after this year unless he goes for something like 2 years 8 mill a year. they will not pay him 12 mill next year. for a 33 year old slot reciever.
    I rather they lock up a 23 YO hernandez. You can sign everyone unless your a cap genius like tanny.

Jets Insider VIP
    Pats are utter fools if they do retain Welker.
    Fixed.

There is a reason BB isnt giving him a long term deal. Hes small, aging and wants #1 money when he is a #2 receiver. He will not hold up much longer at his size and age. The Pats are playing this perfectly.

Wow this would make perfect sense and would be definitely a BB move. He would prob get a nice draft pick or two for Welker. Dang I just picked him in one of my drafts too. He would still be a valuable receiver for fantasy purposes.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Fixed.

There is a reason BB isnt giving him a long term deal. Hes small, aging and wants #1 money when he is a #2 receiver. He will not hold up much longer at his size and age. The Pats are playing this perfectly.
    Always better to get rid of a guy a year or two early than a year too late.

Honestly, BF, they could replace his routes with Hernandez, who could be just as effective, IMO (or close to it).

But they don't want to pay him either.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Honestly, BF, they could replace his routes with Hernandez, who could be just as effective, IMO (or close to it).

But they don't want to pay him either.
    We're you being serious or joking with this post? There is no way Hernandez could run Welker's routes with the same efficiency. Welker is one of the quickest players in the league and runs super crisp routes. No way a TE, even as athletic as Hernandez, could run the same routes.

Irsay: "Pay attention to me! Pay attention to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    Irsay: "Pay attention to me! Pay attention to me!"
    Irsay is the most annoying owner in the NFL and he's quickly pushing Cuban for that distinction across all sports