Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 125

Thread: Colts close to a major trade??

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    We're you being serious or joking with this post? There is no way Hernandez could run Welker's routes with the same efficiency. Welker is one of the quickest players in the league and runs super crisp routes. No way a TE, even as athletic as Hernandez, could run the same routes.
    I'm not saying he's an instant 100% replacement, but Hernandez could run those routes. It would still open up the rest of the field.

    Problem for Welker is that he's not the focal piece of the offense. Brady is. They will adjust their offense and game plan around him and the offensive line. They've done that for a decade. Remember back in the early 2000's; there was no strong receiving corps. Dillon was the RB for some time, and they actually were able to run successfully. Then we went through the Randy Moss years. Then the TE years (current). Their offense is constantly evolving. This year will be no different.

    I only hope what they try to do flops,.....finally.

  2. #102
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,992
    @JayGlazer
    For all who've been trying to find out Colts trade, I'm reporting the Colts have agreed to a trade for Fins CB Vontae Davis for 2nd rd pick

    Good return for the Dolphins.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    @JayGlazer
    For all who've been trying to find out Colts trade, I'm reporting the Colts have agreed to a trade for Fins CB Vontae Davis for 2nd rd pick

    Good return for the Dolphins.
    Surprised they got a #2, thats a good job by Ireland, that #2 will probably be a top 10 2nd rounder also.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Surprised they got a #2, thats a good job by Ireland, that #2 will probably be a top 10 2nd rounder also.
    Doesn't matter imo. Ireland has done a terrible job. Probably will use that 2nd rounder on a returner.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Surprised they got a #2, thats a good job by Ireland, that #2 will probably be a top 10 2nd rounder also.
    Why is that a good job by Ireland? Davis was their best Cb and most athletically gifted player on defense. They spent a 1st rounder on him and give him up for a 2nd?? I don't see the great job here sorry.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Why is that a good job by Ireland? Davis was their best Cb and most athletically gifted player on defense. They spent a 1st rounder on him and give him up for a 2nd?? I don't see the great job here sorry.
    Davis by all accounts has struggled for the past year and rumors have it that he hasn't been in the greatest of shape this offseason, and has struggled in camp, getting a high 2nd is a good job.

    Sean Smith >>>> Davis

    Its like if we dealt Wilson for a 2nd I'd be thrilled.

  7. #107
    This is the major trade? Irsay is a clown.

  8. #108
    I remember Ghey fish fans trying to convince themselves he'd be Revisesque...

  9. #109
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,295
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Its like if we dealt Wilson for a 2nd I'd be thrilled.
    Exactly. Tanny would make that trade in 2 seconds if it was offered.

    He might even throw in a bag of balls to sweeten the deal.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I remember Ghey fish fans trying to convince themselves he'd be Revisesque...
    Yeah my friend is a blind homer fish fan and he proclaimed Davis and Smith would be best CB tandem in the league. Bahahaha.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Exactly. Tanny would make that trade in 2 seconds if it was offered.

    He might even throw in a bag of balls to sweeten the deal.
    Davis is better than Wilson tho at this point.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Yeah my friend is a blind homer fish fan and he proclaimed Davis and Smith would be best CB tandem in the league. Bahahaha.
    lolphins goní lolphins. Also, you must post on IGN, lol.

  13. #113
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,295
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Davis is better than Wilson tho at this point.
    Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

  14. #114
    I thought vontae was better than revis?

  15. #115
    All of the Colts fans that follow Big Ten football would recognize Davis' name.


    Also, Miami is going to suck this year. They're positioning themselves well for the future, but they are going to be awful this year. Davis' play had fallen off, but he was still a solid starting CB, and much better than the guys behind him.

  16. #116
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I remember Ghey fish fans trying to convince themselves he'd be Revisesque...
    Lol me too

  17. #117
    Also, you must post on IGN, lol.[/QUOTE]

    HUH?

  18. #118
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,767
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I guarantee nothing comes of it.

    Not this close to the regular season.
    ThE Colts traded for Vontae Davis. They gave up a second round pick. so much for guarantees!

  19. #119
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Davis is better than Wilson tho at this point.
    Davis was #25 pick in 2009, Wilson was #29 in 2010. Davis has a whole year on him, and I'd still take Wilson over Davis.

  20. #120
    So I guess Miami has already given up on the year then. Sad.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us