Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Colts close to a major trade??

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    We're you being serious or joking with this post? There is no way Hernandez could run Welker's routes with the same efficiency. Welker is one of the quickest players in the league and runs super crisp routes. No way a TE, even as athletic as Hernandez, could run the same routes.
    I'm not saying he's an instant 100% replacement, but Hernandez could run those routes. It would still open up the rest of the field.

Problem for Welker is that he's not the focal piece of the offense. Brady is. They will adjust their offense and game plan around him and the offensive line. They've done that for a decade. Remember back in the early 2000's; there was no strong receiving corps. Dillon was the RB for some time, and they actually were able to run successfully. Then we went through the Randy Moss years. Then the TE years (current). Their offense is constantly evolving. This year will be no different.

I only hope what they try to do flops,.....finally.

All League
    @JayGlazer
    For all who've been trying to find out Colts trade, I'm reporting the Colts have agreed to a trade for Fins CB Vontae Davis for 2nd rd pick

Good return for the Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    @JayGlazer
    For all who've been trying to find out Colts trade, I'm reporting the Colts have agreed to a trade for Fins CB Vontae Davis for 2nd rd pick

Good return for the Dolphins.
    Surprised they got a #2, thats a good job by Ireland, that #2 will probably be a top 10 2nd rounder also.

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Surprised they got a #2, thats a good job by Ireland, that #2 will probably be a top 10 2nd rounder also.
    Doesn't matter imo. Ireland has done a terrible job. Probably will use that 2nd rounder on a returner.

Why is that a good job by Ireland? Davis was their best Cb and most athletically gifted player on defense. They spent a 1st rounder on him and give him up for a 2nd?? I don't see the great job here sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Why is that a good job by Ireland? Davis was their best Cb and most athletically gifted player on defense. They spent a 1st rounder on him and give him up for a 2nd?? I don't see the great job here sorry.
    Davis by all accounts has struggled for the past year and rumors have it that he hasn't been in the greatest of shape this offseason, and has struggled in camp, getting a high 2nd is a good job.

Sean Smith >>>> Davis

Its like if we dealt Wilson for a 2nd I'd be thrilled.

This is the major trade? Irsay is a clown.

I remember Ghey fish fans trying to convince themselves he'd be Revisesque...

Hall Of Fame
    Its like if we dealt Wilson for a 2nd I'd be thrilled.
    Exactly. Tanny would make that trade in 2 seconds if it was offered.

He might even throw in a bag of balls to sweeten the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Yeah my friend is a blind homer fish fan and he proclaimed Davis and Smith would be best CB tandem in the league. Bahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Exactly. Tanny would make that trade in 2 seconds if it was offered.

He might even throw in a bag of balls to sweeten the deal.
    Davis is better than Wilson tho at this point.

Yeah my friend is a blind homer fish fan and he proclaimed Davis and Smith would be best CB tandem in the league. Bahahaha.
    lolphins goní lolphins. Also, you must post on IGN, lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I thought vontae was better than revis?

All of the Colts fans that follow Big Ten football would recognize Davis' name.

Also, Miami is going to suck this year. They're positioning themselves well for the future, but they are going to be awful this year. Davis' play had fallen off, but he was still a solid starting CB, and much better than the guys behind him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Lol me too

Also, you must post on IGN, lol.[/QUOTE]

HUH?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I guarantee nothing comes of it.

Not this close to the regular season.
    ThE Colts traded for Vontae Davis. They gave up a second round pick. so much for guarantees!

Veteran
    Davis was #25 pick in 2009, Wilson was #29 in 2010. Davis has a whole year on him, and I'd still take Wilson over Davis.

So I guess Miami has already given up on the year then. Sad.