Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts close to a major trade??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are not involved...If they are, FIRE TANNY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Colts are supposedly looking for a starting O-lineman like us.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This kinda statement has Revis written all over it. It immediately frees us from cap hell, gives us a lineman and a first round pick.

Don't think they would trade the protection of their Stud QB though.

But Tanny and Woody can't stand Revis' agents ... So ... Mayhaps.

It is either that or we are somehow trading Hunter

Revis cannot be traded due to an ENORMOUS cap hit, plus we would effectively be throwing in the towel on the year dealing him now.

As for the Cro/Wilson debate, personally wilson hasnt lived up to what I would like. He had what should have been a terrbile PI penalty vs the giants were again he coudlnt locate the ball.

That being said, I think Cro is vastly overrated as he cant tackle and he has led our defense in penalties for 2 seasons. I dont think he is getting traded, and I dont think we have any involvement in this situation in indy.

My trade feeling is that we are going to see how howard does sunday night and what cuts come monday morning. After that, the landscape is much clearer and tanny can make a move for a RT. I also think we wind up with evan moore the TE from the browns, and dump cumberland.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldengod View Post
    Not to get sidetracked, but I'd put him above all 5 you listed.

Brandon Carr, Brandon flowers, maybe a joe Haden and Jonathan Joseph. Carlos Rogers played like the 2nd best CB last year (in the best defense in football). Corner is such a tough position to grade. I think people get more focused on what Cro can't do...cover small Wrs like Welker and Cruz. He can cover big Wrs which is typically tougher to find. Cro made more mistakes on special teams than as a corner last year. There's no comparison, we have the best two corners on the outside in the league.

The 5 you listed were great, finnegan flashed and has been average since. Samuel is almost a backup in Atlanta, aso is better for a TE type ( likely why our FO valued him over Cro)...but still played bad last year. Champ is great, but I'd argue for long term you'd obviously take Cro given age. Woodson hasn't been able to cover for years an is now a safety (but an incredible playmaker...better player not corner
    Well said; fans seem to fixate on once great players it's similar to probowl voting syndrome ... there is a new generation of cbs that include Flowers, Carr, Joseph that are playing top football. Cromarties limitations are well documented but against big fast wide receivers , he is a premier cornerback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    This is me thanking you for plausible, readable football analysis. That's a rarity on this board.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    I seriously doubt the Jets are involved. The Colts need O-Line help just like we do.
    It does seem that way, doesn't it ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Honestly, no. Cro is a starter on 90% of the teams he would go to. Name 5 CBs better than him? We're spoiled by Revis, and then have little patience every time someone makes a mistake - so people don't realize how good we have it at the CB position.

Don't mess with the defense. Give them a 5th for Winston and be done with hit. He's not even worth that.
    I really hope they don't tinker with the D at this stage

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    I really hope they don't tinker with the D at this stage
    Exactly. It's they only thing I'm confident about.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to be something like Winston Justice and a 2nd for Cromartie.

Something like that, if not with the Jets then with the Jags for MJD.
    I don't think Cro would go over well in Indy, Revis would

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not the Jets. All of our "good" players are essentially untradeable b.c of their contracts. And Wilson is not going to justify a "high pick". So he is safe, no need to worry about our beloved 1st round nickel back.

Our precious defense will remain intact.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I don't think Cro would go over well in Indy, Revis would
    Considering they have to play Andre Johnon twice a year, Cro would be just fine.

Moot point since he's not going anywhere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering they have to play Andre Johnon twice a year, Cro would be just fine.

Moot point since he's not going anywhere.
    Revis can't be traded anyway

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Revis can't be traded anyway
    He probably can, but the ramifications would be overwhelmingly negative on many levels.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He probably can, but the ramifications would be overwhelmingly negative on many levels.
    I believe it would be about a $10.5 million cap hit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    some folks are confused by what the Colts are trying to do. They are trying to GET a big player thru a trade not trade one of their own lol. People here think every team wants to give us a starting RT for a 4th or 5th rounder or for a corner. Just stop typing .... As soon as you mention Cro or Kyle Wilson just stop typing. Rex isn't trading his corners nor is he trading a significant player on defense. Yes our top 3 CB's are significant with what Rex wants to do. We aren't trading Cro, Kyle Wilson, or any other started for a RT. Just stop it ...SMH ...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    some folks are confused by what the Colts are trying to do. They are trying to GET a big player thru a trade not trade one of their own lol. People here think every team wants to give us a starting RT for a 4th or 5th rounder or for a corner. Just stop typing .... As soon as you mention Cro or Kyle Wilson just stop typing. Rex isn't trading his corners nor is he trading a significant player on defense. Yes our top 3 CB's are significant with what Rex wants to do. We aren't trading Cro, Kyle Wilson, or any other started for a RT. Just stop it ...SMH ...
    I am hoping for a three way trade, myself. Jets get a tackle out of it (somehow). Haven't seen one of those in a while.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    +1

Especially since the current #4 CB Lankster is injured with a pulled quad..

With the NFL becoming a passing game you need 4-5 quality CBs (especially if you are in NE's division)..If not more just for depth...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some GMs have come out and said that this is just Irsay trying to stir things up. I would bet nothing comes of this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

With the NFL becoming a passing game you need quality pass rushers (especially if you are in NE's division)
    fixed

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew Luck for Timothy Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    With the NFL becoming a passing game you need quality pass rushers and 4-5 quality CBs (especially if you are in NE's division)..If not more just for depth...
    agree and fixed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Some GMs have come out and said that this is just Irsay trying to stir things up. I would bet nothing comes of this.
    I guarantee nothing comes of it.

Not this close to the regular season.