Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79

Thread: Lance Armstrong, Proper F'ed

  1. #41
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    I don't think people realise how insulting this is to the French people - and it is.







































  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,386
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Fair enough...

    We're sorry...
































    that your French.



    lol...












    at "your"







  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    A. I don't care. I am so past giving even a tiny **** if some athlete doped or did not dope.

    B. Armstrong > The entire sport of lolcycling. When your sport is the same activity self-important yuppie ****wads do to "go green" in the City whilst blocking all the rest of us trying to drive to work like normal people, whilst smelling up the office with their sweat and changing in the men's room, your entrie sport sucks donkey balls and you can diaf.

    C. The Anti-Doping Agency is as Facist an organization as there is. A Psudo-Governmental agency with an agenda and zeal to bust em' all. True or not. Their "retests positive", I wouldn't trust them to be untampered with in a million years. The corruption and dishonesty in agencies like this would stun you. For them, busting an Armstrong is a huge PR victory that self-servingly validated their very existence and

    D. Again, want to dope, be my guest. The thin line between that and what others can do legally (or with not-yet-banned science) makes it all pointless anyway. Especially when half the sport (or all of it, like lolcycling) is doing it too.
    TBH I don't even cycle - I just follow the Tour. Do know some cycling coaches associated with the elite programs out here.

    Calling any organisation post 1945 "fascist" is a bit silly, an argument I think we've had elsewhere. Agree there are some organisations around now with I guess you'd call fascist overtones.

    The tampering thing has been done to death and is one of Drugstrong's defences - needless to say its been ripped to shreds by the relevant scientists.

    Talking about corruption and dishonesty in a lance thread and not referring to Drugstrong himself is pretty much laughable.

    Raoul: fair enough, you are much closer to it than I am.

  4. #44
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,292
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Meh..I think you’re pushing it a bit far. Personally I didn’t care. The only thing that pissed me off was his using the ‘ole ‘The French hate Americans’ line of defense while he was blowing competition that was cheating out of the water.
    Funny, this morning on the radio they had a poll ”Should Armstrong’s titles be stripped?”

    Only 55% said yes.
    This is pretty much the logical proof....Unlike in baseball where you still have to have the hand-eye coordination to make contact with the ball (albeit it goes a lot further when you're jacked full of roids), in cycling, there is literally no way that a clean cyclist can compete successfully against a doping cyclist.

    For him to win 7 titles clean whilst competing against an entire peleton of dopers simply defies logic.

    The cash aspect will be interesting though....he supposedly will have to disgorge cash prizes. Can't imagine him willingly doing that.

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    All the guys who will receive the titles for those years were almost certainly on PED's themselves

    ironing

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,386
    Only one way to settle this.


    That's right....



    Tour de Hampur


    Or maybe just our best American vs. le Frenchman. A time trial of Raoul vs. the Hampur's best American cyclist....








    Stokes!








  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    This year again, some records that were set by cheaters were broken.

    It's endless.
    Where? What records? Check the article I've linked too above. The Biological passport model is working to weed out the cheats. That's just a fact with the times having come down in the tour - or are you referring to other cycling events like in the Olympics?

  8. #48
    Wow. This thread got ghey.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Where? What records? Check the article I've linked too above. The Biological passport model is working to weed out the cheats. That's just a fact with the times having come down in the tour - or are you referring to other cycling events like in the Olympics?
    I read an article here which basically showed the power outputs on some mountain stages were outrageous (notably
    Frenchman Voeckler who won the best climber shirt). Some of Pantani’s records on some ascensions were broken.

    Call me cynical, but if you think the Top 10 is clean, you're fooling yourself.
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 08-24-2012 at 10:42 AM.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Only one way to settle this.


    That's right....



    Tour de Hampur


    Or maybe just our best American vs. le Frenchman. A time trial of Raoul vs. the Hampur's best American cyclist....








    Stokes!








  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    TBH I don't even cycle - I just follow the Tour. Do know some cycling coaches associated with the elite programs out here.
    Don't care.

    Lance Armstrong > France, the Anti-Doping Nazis, and Tighty Bike Short Loving "Cycling" Fans supposed "integrity".

    Cycling belongs in the same category as hotdog eating and cheerleading. I.e. ignored completely by legitimate sports fans.

    Which it was before Armstrong. And which it now will be again.

    Calling any organisation post 1945 "fascist" is a bit silly, an argument I think we've had elsewhere. Agree there are some organisations around now with I guess you'd call fascist overtones.
    Glad you think so.

    Don't care.

    The tampering thing has been done to death and is one of Drugstrong's defences - needless to say its been ripped to shreds by the relevant scientists.
    Good for you.

    Don't care.

    Talking about corruption and dishonesty in a lance thread and not referring to Drugstrong himself is pretty much laughable.
    Another hero beaten by the rightious system who can (slectively) prosecute from now till eternity with no actual evidence outside what they create, and who have a vested interest in doing so to validate their own dubious existence and authority.

    Great. Joy. I am asure you have a massive hardon about it.

    Anything else you want to add?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I read an article here which basically showed the power outputs on some mountain stages were outrageous (notable Frenchman Voeckler who won the best climber shirt). Some of Pantani’s records on some ascensions were broken.

    Call me cynical, but if you think the Top 10 is clean, you're fooling yourself.
    That's not true - the times are way below what Pantani did - and that takes into account the drag he got from his ears. Like riding with a deployed parachute on your back. If you've got the article I'd like to read it because the riders are now timing way below what they did at the height of the EPO era.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I read an article here which basically showed the power outputs on some mountain stages were outrageous (notable Frenchman Voeckler who won the best climber shirt). Some of Pantani’s records on some ascensions were broken.

    Call me cynical, but if you think the Top 10 is clean, you're fooling yourself.


    And not only that but who gives a fck? Seriously, we're getting perspective from a Frenchman here folks. Let's wise up. It's a bunch of dorks riding bicycles. You ever seen the attitude on those mother fckers? I laugh everytime I see those gimps wreck. Try passing one of those moroons on a busy street when they're in their "mountain stage climb" in flat as fck suburbia. They deserve to get hit with my side view mirrors as I yell, "Get on the sidewalk you fkn moroon!"


  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Don't care.

    Lance Armstrong > France, the Anti-Doping Nazis, and Tighty Bike Short Loving "Cycling" Fans supposed "integrity".

    Cycling belongs in the same category as hotdog eating and cheerleading. I.e. ignored completely by legitimate sports fans.

    Which it was before Armstrong. And which it now will be again.



    Glad you think so.

    Don't care.



    Good for you.

    Don't care.



    Another hero beaten by the rightious system who can (slectively) prosecute from now till eternity with no actual evidence outside what they create, and who have a vested interest in doing so to validate their own dubious existence and authority.

    Great. Joy. I am asure you have a massive hardon about it.

    Anything else you want to add?
    Oh boy. Definitely slow day at work for the Fist today.

  15. #55
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,294
    Fahq cycling. Off road, cool... pavement, ghey. No sport gets picked on as much as cycling in the south. We even tolerate soccer. Its not bad, but cycling, c'mon. Lawyers and other pretentious a$$holes in lycra shorts, riding with traffic so you can tell how fast they're not.
    I personally hope Lance teabags the international committee with his empty sac, however, I could care less if any of them ever ride again. Not my thing.
    I support Americans on an international scale b/c i'm a Homer. My town, my state, my country and anyone competing in the name there of,I'll support and defend til the end.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Don't care.

    Lance Armstrong > France, the Anti-Doping Nazis, and Tighty Bike Short Loving "Cycling" Fans supposed "integrity".

    Cycling belongs in the same category as hotdog eating and cheerleading. I.e. ignored completely by legitimate sports fans.

    Which it was before Armstrong. And which it now will be again.



    Glad you think so.

    Don't care.



    Good for you.

    Don't care.



    Another hero beaten by the rightious system who can (slectively) prosecute from now till eternity with no actual evidence outside what they create, and who have a vested interest in doing so to validate their own dubious existence and authority.

    Great. Joy. I am asure you have a massive hardon about it.

    Anything else you want to add?
    Probably not....think its pretty evident that you put Drugstrong up there with William Wallace in the Warfish Hero HOF, whereas I think he's a dirty cheating scumbag. By "legitimate sportsfans" I'm just assuming you mean American sportsfans, in which case I understand very well where you are coming from. Which is awesome; "Yay America! We rulz and if you don't think that we do then you're.......you're..... anti-American!"

    I hope he does run for Governor of Texas for the Republicans, as has been rumoured for years, and wins. The irony would be delicious.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Oh boy. Definitely slow day at work for the Fist today.









  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Probably not....think its pretty evident that you put Drugstrong up there with William Wallace in the Warfish Hero HOF
    Not even close.

    But I wouldn't expect a resident of our former Penal Colony for the Criminally Unwanted to understand such complicated topics.

    Now have a shrimp off the barbie, and a g'day, MATE!



    By "legitimate sportsfans" I'm just assuming you mean American sportsfans, in which case I understand very well where you are coming from
    I mean people not decended from castoff common criminals sent off to a prison island and who henceforth developed an unhealthy attraction the backside of the closest roo.


  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Probably not....think its pretty evident that you put Drugstrong up there with William Wallace in the Warfish Hero HOF, whereas I think he's a dirty cheating scumbag. By "legitimate sportsfans" I'm just assuming you mean American sportsfans, in which case I understand very well where you are coming from. Which is awesome; "Yay America! We rulz and if you don't think that we do then you're.......you're..... anti-American!"

    I hope he does run for Governor of Texas for the Republicans, as has been rumoured for years, and wins. The irony would be delicious.
    LOL. Yeah right. So you represent the average sports fan because you happen to like watching cycling and you're not American thus giving you the authority to speak for the world?

    Go poll your average UK/EURO soccer fan what they care about a bunch of losers riding bicycles.

    Thus, your condescending attitude towards Americans is ironic because you're portraying the same traits in which you just railed against.

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    That's not true - the times are way below what Pantani did - and that takes into account the drag he got from his ears. Like riding with a deployed parachute on your back. If you've got the article I'd like to read it because the riders are now timing way below what they did at the height of the EPO era.
    http://blog.100pour100-velo.com/?p=260

    Didn't find the article but this blog comments on it. It's in French sorry but the jist is:

    16 stage, Voeckler was between 375-390 watts during each climb and finished with a time of 5h 35′ 02″. Pantani finished the same stage in 5h 49′ 40″ (1988).

    In the Col de Mente climb, Voeckler had a power output of 442 watts. 410 watts is considered the limit for clean cycling.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us