Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79

Thread: Lance Armstrong, Proper F'ed

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listening to some muppett on ESPN's Mike and Mike in the morning prove he knows eff all about the situation or the sport of cycling.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,364
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. Black Sober is a cycling fanatic. Never would have guessed that since Australia is basically completely flat

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Interesting. Black Sober is a cycling fanatic. Never would have guessed that since Australia is basically completely flat
    Just as well it is because I couldn't ride up a slight incline if you paid me good money to do so.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll accept all your apologies now.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Dropping fight against drug-doping accusations, to be banned for life from Cycling, and lose all Touer De' France Titles.
    USADA does not have the authority to strip his titles. Cycling Association has repeatedly said the information to clear him was sufficient.

  6. #26
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Fug it, let them take whatever they want and if it kills them then that's their choice." But then I think of my own kid who's a 10 year old baseball player and I surely don't want him taking PEDs.

    What a mess.
    Exactly. Say your kid is pretty good going into high school....but there are other kids with the same talent...then what?

    Over the years of watching LL with my son I have seen parents that are so consumed that I have no doubt they would turn a blind eye...or even encourage their kid...to take PED's to get that edge.

    And there it begins.

    One kids dreams shattered, another one on the road to ruined health and deception.

    Sucks.

    -

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not being accused of taking steroids or testosterone or anything. He's being accused of blood doping. The storing of your own blood and reinjecting it into your body before competition. Gives you a high red blood cell count that distributes oxygen in your body thus making you less tired.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I'll accept all your apologies now.
    Oh, well looky who is here...and asking for le sorries.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Oh, well looky who is here...and asking for le sorries.
    I accept PM's if you're not willing to go public.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I'll accept all your apologies now.
    Fair enough...

    We're sorry...












































    that your French.




  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's still keeps the cash though....right?

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Fair enough...

    We're sorry...












































    that your French.



    +1

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    he's still keeps the cash though....right?
    Especially with all his endorsements alone, hell yea.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In The Cone of Doom
    Posts
    6,945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah,

    Let's trash Armstrong because no other bikers were doping and he was competing against all the beautiful clean European bicycling purists? If you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you cheap. You don't bring a badminton racket to a knife fight.

    They're all pissed because he had the best drugs, that's all. That and the simple fact that no matter what the bicycling organizations do, they cannot 'clean' up the sport. Want a list of the riders that have been banned at one time or another in the last ten years because they got caught?

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,760
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I'll accept all your apologies now.
    Didn't the two Germanys get back together a few years ago?

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I'll accept all your apologies now.
    I don't think people realise how insulting this is to the French people - and it is. An American equivalent would be if some wonderkid arose from the streets of Iran and became the first quarterback in history to win 7 Super Bowls in a row, but later they found out he was genetically engineered from some test tube and fitted out with some super exoskeleton a la the 6 million dollar man.

    Imagine a suspected foriegn cheat waltzing away with title after title in the NFL, later a confirmed cheat. That's the level of duplicity we are talking about here. It's a slap in the face of every French sport fan. Lance Drugstrong is scum, and that's putting it lightly.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Yeah,

    Let's trash Armstrong because no other bikers were doping and he was competing against all the beautiful clean European bicycling purists? If you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you cheap. You don't bring a badminton racket to a knife fight.

    They're all pissed because he had the best drugs, that's all. That and the simple fact that no matter what the bicycling organizations do, they cannot 'clean' up the sport. Want a list of the riders that have been banned at one time or another in the last ten years because they got caught?
    The sport is basically clean now, and the evidence is the times in the tour are now down to where they were before the pre-EPO days, which is around the early 1990's.

  18. #38
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    A. I don't care. I am so past giving even a tiny **** if some athlete doped or did not dope.

    B. Armstrong > The entire sport of lolcycling. When your sport is the same activity self-important yuppie ****wads do to "go green" in the City whilst blocking all the rest of us trying to drive to work like normal people, whilst smelling up the office with their sweat and changing in the men's room, your entrie sport sucks donkey balls and you can diaf.

    C. The Anti-Doping Agency is as Facist an organization as there is. A Psudo-Governmental agency with an agenda and zeal to bust em' all. True or not. Their "retests positive", I wouldn't trust them to be untampered with in a million years. The corruption and dishonesty in agencies like this would stun you. For them, busting an Armstrong is a huge PR victory that self-servingly validated their very existence and

    D. Again, want to dope, be my guest. The thin line between that and what others can do legally (or with not-yet-banned science) makes it all pointless anyway. Especially when half the sport (or all of it, like lolcycling) is doing it too.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    I don't think people realise how insulting this is to the French people - and it is. An American equivalent would be if some wonderkid arose from the streets of Iran and became the first quarterback in history to win 7 Super Bowls in a row, but later they found out he was genetically engineered from some test tube and fitted out with some super exoskeleton a la the 6 million dollar man.

    Imagine a suspected foriegn cheat waltzing away with title after title in the NFL, later a confirmed cheat. That's the level of duplicity we are talking about here. It's a slap in the face of every French sport fan. Lance Drugstrong is scum, and that's putting it lightly.
    Meh..I think you’re pushing it a bit far. Personally I didn’t care. The only thing that pissed me off was his using the ‘ole ‘The French hate Americans’ line of defense while he was blowing competition that was cheating out of the water.

    Funny, this morning on the radio they had a poll ”Should Armstrong’s titles be stripped?”

    Only 55% said yes.

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    The sport is basically clean now, and the evidence is the times in the tour are now down to where they were before the pre-EPO days, which is around the early 1990's.
    This year again, some records that were set by cheaters were broken.

    It's endless.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us