Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: John Clayton Ranks Sanchez 23rd among QBs

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Yeah I don't get at all how some view Sanchez as the worst starter outside of anyone but rookies, 2nd years, and scrubs. Jaws had Sanchez at 23 too, and he actually does know QBs so I was surprised at that.

I mean, Bradford and Freeman had significantly worse seasons than Sanchez last year and have never even been to the playoffs, yet ranked higher. That's bogus. Guys like Fitzpatrick and Cassel are journeyman that are decent starters, not better than Mark either.

It's really not fair to Sanchez, who has been mostly average the last 2 years, not horrible as some make it seem.
    Sanchez is a pick-six machine. That hurts his ranking and rightfully so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Haves:

Giants, Pats, Packers, Saints, Steelers,Megatron,
    Fixed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Really?
    Brady staked the first half of his career to playoff wins, which is why the troll makes no sense. Brady's reg season numbers first few years were solid, but nothing to write home about. He created his entire legacy on playoff performance and wins. Only later in his career did he validate the postseason success with dominant regular season numbers.

The troll is, as usual, a troll....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mluongo View Post
    Sanchez is a pick-six machine. That hurts his ranking and rightfully so.
    I'd take a pick-6 machine who threw 26 TDs over a guy who threw 6 TDs.

Peyton Manning used to be considered a pick-6 machine too (one that couldn't win playoff games too), the year Mora went on his "playoffs" rant, Manning threw 19 INTs, many of the pick-6 variety.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Brady staked the first half of his career to playoff wins, which is why the troll makes no sense. Brady's reg season numbers first few years were solid, but nothing to write home about. He created his entire legacy on playoff performance and wins. Only later in his career did he validate the postseason success with dominant regular season numbers.

The troll is, as usual, a troll....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Fixed.
    Whatever.

Megatron/Stafford who cares. It works. Unless Megatron/Stafford regresses, that is a team on its way up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Bradford has played on probably the least talented offense in the league since he was drafted.

People like to b*tch about Sanchez not having much help but our offense is the equivalent of New Orleans compared to St. Louis.

Despite playing behind a total dogsh*t OL, you never see Bradford look gunshy or go into the fetal position as soon as a defender comes within arms length.
    And if you wanna talk about numbers, Cassel threw for 27 TD's versus only 7 INT's two years ago. Last year he was banged up and lost Jamaal Charles early in the season.
    Except for all of last year.

Bradford had a great rookie campaign on a bad team and followed that up with dog doo.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Except for all of last year.

Bradford had a great rookie campaign on a bad team and followed that up with dog doo.
    This year will be telling for Bradford.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Good teams win playoff games, not QB's.

Your team is a perfect example.
    I could buy this. I think you are wrong, but for as much crap as the patriots took last year about their defense being HORRIBLE, the D really stepped it up the last few games of the season, and throughout the playoffs until they met the Giants.
    Last edited by sdJETSetter; 08-24-2012 at 01:05 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tex's point was that a qb won some playoff games does not make him better than another. For the first few years Peyton's playoff record sucked, but not many people did not think he was the best qb in the league. his father is a hall of fame guy and I don't think he ever even made the playoffs.

While it is harder to do so, good teams can make the playoffs with average qb play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Tex's point was that a qb won some playoff games does not make him better than another. For the first few years Peyton's playoff record sucked, but not many people did not think he was the best qb in the league. his father is a hall of fame guy and I don't think he ever even made the playoffs.

While it is harder to do so, good teams can make the playoffs with average qb play.
    I hate agreeing with pat fans. My problem with some of the Sanchez apologists on this forum is that they give him all the praise for winning 4 road playoff games and taking the team to two afc title games with a team with a top 5 oline, running game and defense but want to excuse his play once those aspects have been downgraded.

Sanchez is about where he should be in that ranking and most of the non biased reporters and fans across the league would agree. He has the ability to be much better, he has shown that in flashes but he either has to start making more big huge yardage plays to go along with his turnovers or he has to stay dink and dunk and not turn it over.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    A #5 pick (QB) playing average the first 3 years is a bad sign.
    I love objectivity!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Pretty accurate. The simple fact is, up until now Sanchez has sucked.
    More like an opinion, posted as fact, by someone simple.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I hate agreeing with pat fans. My problem with some of the Sanchez apologists on this forum is that they give him all the praise for winning 4 road playoff games and taking the team to two afc title games with a team with a top 5 oline, running game and defense but want to excuse his play once those aspects have been downgraded.

Sanchez is about where he should be in that ranking and most of the non biased reporters and fans across the league would agree. He has the ability to be much better, he has shown that in flashes but he either has to start making more big huge yardage plays to go along with his turnovers or he has to stay dink and dunk and not turn it over.
    And detractors have to remember that he has squat around him for WRs, one good TE and a new system to master. Then throw in that his rhythm may be broken up by bringing in Tebow at certain down and distances. The jets will need to wait until after the 2013 unless he blows up or stinks up the place this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    I love objectivity!

Have u seen much improvement from Sanchez from his Rookie season?

Seems like he has stayed consistently INCONSISTENT each season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Have u seen much improvement from Sanchez from his Rookie season?

Seems like he has stayed consistently INCONSISTENT each season.
    No, I've seen improvement in most areas since his rookie season. I'm not going to say he's a world-beater yet but he has most definitely shown improvement in many statistical categories. Does he need to cut down on turnovers? Of course. Other than that he's right on track for where he should be at this stage of his career.

Unfortunately people like you who absolutely hate him refuse to acknowledge it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    23rd is a fair ranking for Sanchez. He's never shown the consistency that a top QB should. Poor completion % and too many turnovers (both INT's and fumbles). His third down completion % has to get better as well to keep the drives going. Far too many 3 and outs on a regular basis.

Sanchez has to improve on all these things. He doesn't have as good a supporting cast anymore so the team is far more dependent on his play for success.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Sanchez gets downplayed for 2 reasons:

1. When he is bad he is spectacularly bad. He has games that completely skew his yearly stats where he gets frazzled and goes completely south

2. He fumbles way too often and we never seem to recover and that also hurts him

QBs that consistently play crappy are viewed better than Sanchez because their bad games are not quite as epicly bad as Sanchez
    Agreed, but I really believe he's going to do away with those horrendous games this year. Then his stats are going to look pretty decent but the media won't give him any credit b/c there's already a perception out there that Mark's a lower echelon QB. That won't change until he wins a couple of Super Bowls. He's never going to have gaudy stats but I expect him to have good numbers going forward.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    No, I've seen improvement in most areas since his rookie season. I'm not going to say he's a world-beater yet but he has most definitely shown improvement in many statistical categories. Does he need to cut down on turnovers? Of course. Other than that he's right on track for where he should be at this stage of his career.

Unfortunately people like you who absolutely hate him refuse to acknowledge it.
    Im sure you wont believe this, but i actually am hoping, begging Sanchez to prove me wrong. I dont WANT him to be bad, i just think he is.

I dont hold seances or rituals in hopes to sabotage the guy.

You may be a fan for longer than me, im not sure, all i can say is that in 28 years, I have yet to see the Jets with a true franchise QB.Vinny was probably the closest ive seen.

I want one.

I want a lock. Not a wait and see, work in progress that may or may not develop into a legitimate NFL QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who gives a crap if he's ranked 1 or 31? It's like the who's better Brady, Manning, Deputy Dog, etc discussions.

The only thing that matters is that you think the guy can win you a Super Bowl. If he can't, then you'd better get a better guy or build your team with the notion that you will get a better guy.

All of this belly-aching over who is ranked where is for the fantasy football crowd. Who gives a **** where any qb is ranked?