Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85

Thread: John Clayton Ranks Sanchez 23rd among QBs

  1. #61
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is defiantely a top 15 QB. he brought the jets to 2 afc championship games. this list is a JOKE.

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsplumber View Post
    Sanchez is defiantely a top 15 QB. he brought the jets to 2 afc championship games. this list is a JOKE.

    im sure youll get bit. Its been good lately.

  3. #63
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Im sure you wont believe this, but i actually am hoping, begging Sanchez to prove me wrong. I dont WANT him to be bad, i just think he is.

    I dont hold seances or rituals in hopes to sabotage the guy.

    You may be a fan for longer than me, im not sure, all i can say is that in 28 years, I have yet to see the Jets with a true franchise QB.Vinny was probably the closest ive seen.

    I want one.

    I want a lock. Not a wait and see, work in progress that may or may not develop into a legitimate NFL QB.
    we all want that.

    whether it's Sanchez or someone else, all Jets fans would love to KNOW that the QB is a top-5 player at his position, a guy who can carry a team on his shoulders when everything else fails, someone who can lead us to a SB victory and be a potential HOF candidate one day.

    right now, we have Sanchez. he's not a lock, far from it. then again, very few QBs are, entering their fourth season. unfortunately, with Sanchez we're still in "wait and see" mode, though the waiting period is getting shorter.

    the way his contract is structured, we'll likely be "stuck" with Sanchez through next year and if by then he hasn't proven to be a franchise QB it'll be time to move on. in the meantime, you can either choose to focus on the negatives with the belief that Sanchez will never make it, or you can take solace in the fact that he holds the franchise record for playoff wins and most TDs scored in a season and hope that it signals a bright future for him.

  4. #64
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    we all want that.

    whether it's Sanchez or someone else, all Jets fans would love to KNOW that the QB is a top-5 player at his position, a guy who can carry a team on his shoulders when everything else fails, someone who can lead us to a SB victory and be a potential HOF candidate one day.

    right now, we have Sanchez. he's not a lock, far from it. then again, very few QBs are, entering their fourth season. unfortunately, with Sanchez we're still in "wait and see" mode, though the waiting period is getting shorter.
    the way his contract is structured, we'll likely be "stuck" with Sanchez through next year and by then we'll know for sure whether he's our franchise QB or if it's time to move on. in the meantime, you can either choose to focus on the negatives with the belief that Sanchez will never make it, or you can take solace in the fact that he holds the franchise record for playoff wins and most TDs scored in a season and hope that it signals a bright future for him.
    Im really trying. I need something though. the completion % GOOD.
    The previous playoff runs VERY GOOD.
    I just need a little more man. I just dont see the progression. Im not a scout, just a fan, but i dont see it.

    I will try to be nicer. I just want to win!

  5. #65
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Im really trying. I need something though. the completion % GOOD.
    The previous playoff runs VERY GOOD.
    I just need a little more man. I just dont see the progression. Im not a scout, just a fan, but i dont see it.

    I will try to be nicer. I just want to win!
    i'm with you. i also want more, better and for Sanchez to blow us all away.

    but i do see the progression, and i think that last year he really wasn't that far away from putting it all together.

    he started off the season throwing 300 yards per game, completing 63% of his passes and posting a QB rating close to 90. then came the Baltimore disaster and Rex, for better or worse, dialed-back the offense so that Sanchez would make it through the season in one piece.

    before the late-season collapse, Sanchez was sitting pretty with 26 TDs (5 rushing) and 11 INTs.

    obviously the guy has talent and i still the think he can be the right QB for this team. he needs to do more and more consistently, but the gap between Sanchez and a top-10 QB is not as wide as some people want to make it seem.

  6. #66
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i'm with you. i also want more, better and for Sanchez to blow us all away.

    but i do see the progression, and i think that last year he really wasn't that far away from putting it all together.

    he started off the season throwing 300 yards per game, completing 63% of his passes and posting a QB rating close to 90. then came the Baltimore disaster and Rex, for better or worse, dialed-back the offense so that Sanchez would make it through the season in one piece.

    before the late-season collapse, Sanchez was sitting pretty with 26 TDs (5 rushing) and 11 INTs.

    obviously the guy has talent and i still the think he can be the right QB for this team. he needs to do more and more consistently, but the gap between Sanchez and a top-10 QB is not as wide as some people want to make it seem.
    Consistency is what it all boils down to.

    I've seen guys like Rex Grossman make throws that drop your jaw, but then he turns around and makes a god awful decision that leaves you shaking your head.

    Even journeyman, career backups can make things happen from time to time. These guys are NFL QB's afterall.

    But it's the guys who can do it week in and week out that are held in high regard.

    We've seen Sanchez make some great plays, the problem is that the bad has outweighed the good so far. I don't even see how that's debatable.

  7. #67
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I hate agreeing with pat fans. My problem with some of the Sanchez apologists on this forum is that they give him all the praise for winning 4 road playoff games and taking the team to two afc title games with a team with a top 5 oline, running game and defense but want to excuse his play once those aspects have been downgraded.

    Sanchez is about where he should be in that ranking and most of the non biased reporters and fans across the league would agree. He has the ability to be much better, he has shown that in flashes but he either has to start making more big huge yardage plays to go along with his turnovers or he has to stay dink and dunk and not turn it over.
    How about the fact that ion 3 years he has 30+ wins.

    In the entire history of the NFL you can count the number of QBs who did this on one hand.

    Bet most who scream that he sucks or claim that he should have done more in 3 years don't realize this.

    But hey, Jet fans will make excuses on the way to downgrading their own players.

  8. #68
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Consistency is what it all boils down to.

    I've seen guys like Rex Grossman make throws that drop your jaw, but then he turns around and makes a god awful decision that leaves you shaking your head.

    Even journeyman, career backups can make things happen from time to time. These guys are NFL QB's afterall.

    But it's the guys who can do it week in and week out that are held in high regard.

    We've seen Sanchez make some great plays, the problem is that the bad has outweighed the good so far. I don't even see how that's debatable.
    i think it's highly debatable.

  9. #69
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    The turnovers are the killer.

    I'd rather have a boring game manager who doesn't give up the ball very often than a hot-and-cold turnover prone QB like Sanchez

  10. #70
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i think it's highly debatable.
    How?

    The kid has lost more games than he has won for us.

    Not only has he proven to be a turnover machine, but he seems to turn the ball over at the most backbreaking, crucial times.

    You can't expect to run an effective "ground and pound" offense that relies on ball control and winning the time of possession battle when you have a QB that gift wraps points to the opposing team and makes stupid mistakes at an alarming rate.

    Can he improve? Sure he can.

    But I'm not going to just sit back and act like everything is fine and dandy with our QB situation.

    Everyone outside of this fanbase realizes that the Jets have one of the worst QB situations in the league.

  11. #71
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How?

    The kid has lost more games than he has won for us.


    Not only has he proven to be a turnover machine, but he seems to turn the ball over at the most backbreaking, crucial times.

    You can't expect to run an effective "ground and pound" offense that relies on ball control and winning the time of possession battle when you have a QB that gift wraps points to the opposing team and makes stupid mistakes at an alarming rate.

    Can he improve? Sure he can.

    But I'm not going to just sit back and act like everything is fine and dandy with our QB situation.

    Everyone outside of this fanbase realizes that the Jets have one of the worst QB situations in the league.
    How is that possible when he has a winning record as a starter??

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How?

    The kid has lost more games than he has won for us.

    Not only has he proven to be a turnover machine, but he seems to turn the ball over at the most backbreaking, crucial times.

    You can't expect to run an effective "ground and pound" offense that relies on ball control and winning the time of possession battle when you have a QB that gift wraps points to the opposing team and makes stupid mistakes at an alarming rate.

    Can he improve? Sure he can.

    But I'm not going to just sit back and act like everything is fine and dandy with our QB situation.

    Everyone outside of this fanbase realizes that the Jets have one of the worst QB situations in the league.

    Worse QB situations???? worse the Arizona??? Worse then Miami??? What about cleveland??? We have a starter that's won here...I wouldnt exactly call our situation "one of the worst in the league" that's more media Jets hate then anything else.....

  13. #73
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    How is that possible when he has a winning record as a starter??
    How many games have we been down only to see Sanchez rise up and carry this team to a win?

    The Houston game in 2010 is the only one that comes to mind.

    Now on the flipside, how many games have we been close to winnning, or at least within striking range, only to see Sanchez turn the ball over at a crucial time, or even worse, throw a backbreaking pick 6?


    That's my point.

  14. #74
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How many games have we been down only to see Sanchez rise up and carry this team to a win?

    The Houston game in 2010 is the only one that comes to mind.

    Now on the flipside, how many games have we been close to winnning, or at least within striking range, only to see Sanchez turn the ball over at a crucial time, or even worse, throw a backbreaking pick 6?


    That's my point.
    9 fourth quarter comebacks, 11 game-winning drives from pro football reference, sorry spin again

  15. #75
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    9 fourth quarter comebacks, 11 game-winning drives from pro football reference, sorry spin again
    Once again, you miss my point entirely.

    How many of those 4th quarter comebacks were impressive, aerial assaults orchestrated by Sanchez?

    Don't mention any 12 play scoring drives where we pounded the ball on the ground all the way down the field.

    Tebow had more 4th quarter comebacks than anyone in football last year, doesn't change the fact that 90% of this board doesn't even think he belongs in the NFL.

  16. #76
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Once again, you miss my point entirely.

    How many of those 4th quarter comebacks were impressive, aerial assaults orchestrated by Sanchez?

    Don't mention any 12 play scoring drives where we pounded the ball on the ground all the way down the field.

    Tebow had more 4th quarter comebacks than anyone in football last year, doesn't change the fact that 90% of this board doesn't even think he belongs in the NFL.
    What is actually impressive is that those 11 game winning drives were orchestrated by a rookie and second year player that helped take the team to to afc championship games

  17. #77
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Once again, you miss my point entirely.

    How many of those 4th quarter comebacks were impressive, aerial assaults orchestrated by Sanchez?

    Don't mention any 12 play scoring drives where we pounded the ball on the ground all the way down the field.

    Tebow had more 4th quarter comebacks than anyone in football last year, doesn't change the fact that 90% of this board doesn't even think he belongs in the NFL.
    Is that what you want to see??? "Aerial assaults"????? Not him efficiently running an offense??? Sanchez orchestrates the offense. Sorry if that's not enough fireworks for you.. What about the bomb to Braylon and the fade to Holmes in the Endzone?? What about the New England playoff game??

  18. #78
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Is that what you want to see??? "Aerial assaults"????? Not him efficiently running an offense??? Sanchez orchestrates the offense. Sorry if that's not enough fireworks for you.. What about the bomb to Braylon and the fade to Holmes in the Endzone?? What about the New England playoff game??
    Efficient and Sanchez don't even belong in the same sentence.

    Are you actually going to deny the fact that he's one of the more turnover prone QB's in the league?

    Are you going to deny the fact that he's also one of the more inaccurate QB's in the league?

    Listen, I hope the kid takes the next step this year and solidifies himself as a legit franchise QB. Contrary to what some of you guys believe, I'm not rooting for the guy to fail. Why would any Jets fan want that? If Sanchez isn't the real deal, then that means we have to squander away even more time trying to develop another young QB. Because God knows Tebow isn't the answer.

    He still has time to turn it around and everyone is hoping that he does.

    But please don't sit there and tell me that his development has gone perfectly fine and that we should be thrilled with what we've seen so far. You don't draft a QB in the Top 5 of the draft in the hopes that he's a career gamemanager. You draft a QB that high to be the face of your franchise and the focal point of your offense for 10+ years. Not just some guy who is along for the ride.

  19. #79
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Efficient and Sanchez don't even belong in the same sentence.

    Are you actually going to deny the fact that he's one of the more turnover prone QB's in the league?

    Are you going to deny the fact that he's also one of the more inaccurate QB's in the league?

    Listen, I hope the kid takes the next step this year and solidifies himself as a legit franchise QB. Contrary to what some of you guys believe, I'm not rooting for the guy to fail. Why would any Jets fan want that? If Sanchez isn't the real deal, then that means we have to squander away even more time trying to develop another young QB. Because God knows Tebow isn't the answer.

    He still has time to turn it around and everyone is hoping that he does.

    But please don't sit there and tell me that his development has gone perfectly fine and that we should be thrilled with what we've seen so far. You don't draft a QB in the Top 5 of the draft in the hopes that he's a career gamemanager. You draft a QB that high to be the face of your franchise and the focal point of your offense for 10+ years. Not just some guy who is along for the ride.
    I am not denying any of those things.....but im not going to sit here and deny and ignore that fact he has been somewhat successful. is he inaccurate? yes. has he been turnover prone? yes, but so was Rivers and Freeman and Eli in 07....he has done good things 2 AFCCG's? I dont think we get to those games without Mark Sanchez...does he need to be more consistent? absolutely! I agree with you on everything you say...but I am not going to sit here and ignore the good things he has done.....

  20. #80
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    How about the fact that ion 3 years he has 30+ wins.

    In the entire history of the NFL you can count the number of QBs who did this on one hand.

    Bet most who scream that he sucks or claim that he should have done more in 3 years don't realize this.

    But hey, Jet fans will make excuses on the way to downgrading their own players.
    You can't have it both ways. You want to heap praise on him for the wins and playoffs and yet the same people bleat that how is he supposed to do anything with a poor oline, wr's, coaching. Which is it? does he need the perfect supporting cast or not? If you are going to give him the majority of the credit for wins then he is accountable for missing the playoffs last year and anything that happens this year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us