Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Clayton Ranks Sanchez 23rd among QBs

John Clayton Ranks Sanchez 23rd among QBs

He's positioned solidly atop a handful of rookies and second year QBs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/sto...callers-part-3

Mark Sanchez, New York Jets

Analysis: If Tim Tebow takes red zone plays away from Sanchez, he'll have more interceptions than touchdown passes. Plus, the Jets don't have a lot of weapons on offense.

Arrow is pointing: down

what did fitzpatrick do last year to get #22?

Jets Insider VIP
    Don't really care what the crypt keeper has to say. It's an absolute joke that Bradford, Freeman, and Matt ****ing Cassel, all of whom have a combined ZERO playoff wins, are ranked ahead of Sanchez.

Funniest thing about this article is: John Clayton

He's ok, at best, when he reports breaking news. Analysis he's not on the same level as half of this message board.

Sorry, Mr. Clayton.

Yeah I don't get at all how some view Sanchez as the worst starter outside of anyone but rookies, 2nd years, and scrubs. Jaws had Sanchez at 23 too, and he actually does know QBs so I was surprised at that.

I mean, Bradford and Freeman had significantly worse seasons than Sanchez last year and have never even been to the playoffs, yet ranked higher. That's bogus. Guys like Fitzpatrick and Cassel are journeyman that are decent starters, not better than Mark either.

It's really not fair to Sanchez, who has been mostly average the last 2 years, not horrible as some make it seem.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Funniest thing about this article is: John Clayton

He's ok, at best, when he reports breaking news. Analysis he's not on the same level as half of this message board.

Sorry, Mr. Clayton.
    He doesn't even break news anymore. ESPN has Schefty and Mort for that. Clayton is on top of things, but he's not too relevant anymore, especially since Schefter came along. Probably because he has a, you know, soul and all.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Yeah I don't get at all how some view Sanchez as the worst starter outside of anyone but rookies, 2nd years, and scrubs. Jaws had Sanchez at 23 too, and he actually does know QBs so I was surprised at that.

I mean, Bradford and Freeman had significantly worse seasons than Sanchez last year and have never even been to the playoffs, yet ranked higher. That's bogus. Guys like Fitzpatrick and Cassel are journeyman that are decent starters, not better than Mark either.

It's really not fair to Sanchez, who has been mostly average the last 2 years, not horrible as some make it seem.
    A #5 pick (QB) playing average the first 3 years is a bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    A #5 pick (QB) playing average the first 3 years is a bad sign.
    Some of the guys ranked above him have been considerably worse at various points the last 2 years. Palmer, Freeman, and Bradford were all downright atrocious last season. None of them have ever won a playoff game either.

Analysis: Dwayne Bowe's holdout is over, and the Chiefs' offense appears to be loaded. They are deep at wide receiver and running back, and they need to be healthy at tight end. Cassel and the Chiefs are thinking playoffs.
    lolololololol

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Don't really care what the crypt keeper has to say. It's an absolute joke that Bradford, Freeman, and Matt ****ing Cassel, all of whom have a combined ZERO playoff wins, are ranked ahead of Sanchez.
    I agree that Freeman shouldn't be ranked ahead of Sanchez, but Bradford and Cassel should.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I agree that Freeman shouldn't be ranked ahead of Sanchez, but Bradford and Cassel should.
    Bradford has been pretty bad through 2 years, look at the numbers. Why should he be over Sanchez? He even had a game to make the playoffs, play-in against the 6-9 Seahawks and he played far worse in it than Sanchez has ever looked in a postseason game.

Cassel? I mean come on now, the guy is a stopgap starter who threw about 600 picks in his only playoff game. He's mediocre with zero upside.

cant wait till Sanchez take a big steaming **** on all of his critics this year...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Bradford has been pretty bad through 2 years, look at the numbers. Why should he be over Sanchez? He even had a game to make the playoffs, play-in against the 6-9 Seahawks and he played far worse in it than Sanchez has ever looked in a postseason game.

Cassel? I mean come on now, the guy is a stopgap starter who threw about 600 picks in his only playoff game. He's mediocre with zero upside.
    Bradford has played on probably the least talented offense in the league since he was drafted.

People like to b*tch about Sanchez not having much help but our offense is the equivalent of New Orleans compared to St. Louis.

Despite playing behind a total dogsh*t OL, you never see Bradford look gunshy or go into the fetal position as soon as a defender comes within arms length.

And if you wanna talk about numbers, Cassel threw for 27 TD's versus only 7 INT's two years ago. Last year he was banged up and lost Jamaal Charles early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Bradford has played on probably the least talented offense in the league since he was drafted.

People like to b*tch about Sanchez not having much help but our offense is the equivalent of New Orleans compared to St. Louis.

Despite playing behind a total dogsh*t OL, you never see Bradford look gunshy or go into the fetal position as soon as a defender comes within arms length.

And if you wanna talk about numbers, Cassel threw for 27 TD's versus only 7 INT's two years ago. Last year he was banged up and lost Jamaal Charles early in the season.
    So when Sanchez loses half of his receiving core and has a turnstile at right tackle and no running game its Sanchez that sucks...but for these other QB's its the team around them...Got it...

All League
    Didn't Bradford just finish throwing 6 TDs in 13 games? I don't give a f*ck who's around him.. That's friggin pathetic.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    So when Sanchez loses half of his receiving core and has a turnstile at right tackle and no running game its Sanchez that sucks...but for these other QB's its the team around them...Got it...
    Not speaking on UT, but in general Bradford gets a ton of leeway.

And it isn't like he's mediocre, and folks are saying he'd be good if he was supported well. He shat the bed in the one meaningful game he played in and as GOD awful last season.. Regardless of the excuses.

The guys ranked ahead of Sanchez are perceived to have more offensive weapons to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Didn't Bradford just finish throwing 6 TDs in 13 games? I don't give a f*ck who's around him.. That's friggin pathetic.
    But he never looks gun shy....LOL

And it isn't like he's mediocre, and folks are saying he'd be good if he was supported well. He shat the bed in the one meaningful game he played in and as GOD awful last season.. Regardless of the excuses.
    Bradford played injured last season - eventually missed 6 games.

He's got the talent - 2010 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year

Qb's take time to develop....You need pieces around them...not everyone is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning...that is why they call football "the ultimate team sport" I am sure Bradford will be better in time as he gets more talent, but to say he is better then Mark is just stupid...