Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: John Clayton Ranks Sanchez 23rd among QBs

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You can't have it both ways. You want to heap praise on him for the wins and playoffs and yet the same people bleat that how is he supposed to do anything with a poor oline, wr's, coaching. Which is it? does he need the perfect supporting cast or not? If you are going to give him the majority of the credit for wins then he is accountable for missing the playoffs last year and anything that happens this year.
    Yes you can.

You could say hes won all those games and slid back last season because of the line. or that he's won 30 with a sh1tty OL.

Which is it? Hes won 30 regular season games and is 4-2 in the playoffs.

I don't get your point, the 30 wins was in response your claim that his 4 playoff wins are getting too much play. Well the response is 5 or less QBs have won 30 in their first 3 years.

Now you've added a new spin. You guys have to give him what he's earned and go from there, not make believe its made up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

If Sanchez can make 10 less mistakes this season than he did last year, we're going to have something. His completion %, TD's, passer rating and yardage keep improving each year, just gotta get the turnovers to a reasonable level.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How many games have we been down only to see Sanchez rise up and carry this team to a win?

The Houston game in 2010 is the only one that comes to mind.

Now on the flipside, how many games have we been close to winnning, or at least within striking range, only to see Sanchez turn the ball over at a crucial time, or even worse, throw a backbreaking pick 6?

That's my point.
    Sanchez rose up and won more games than our defense has made a stop on the final drive of a game. So your post is actually pro-Sanchez. I knew you liked him deep down cause your schtick of being a moronic poster is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How many games have we been down only to see Sanchez rise up and carry this team to a win?

The Houston game in 2010 is the only one that comes to mind.

Now on the flipside, how many games have we been close to winnning, or at least within striking range, only to see Sanchez turn the ball over at a crucial time, or even worse, throw a backbreaking pick 6?

That's my point.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=SancMa00

The guy has 9 fourth quarter comebacks and 11 game winning drives. You can think of more times that he has blown the game for the team?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    He's positioned solidly atop a handful of rookies and second year QBs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/sto...callers-part-3

Mark Sanchez, New York Jets

Analysis: If Tim Tebow takes red zone plays away from Sanchez, he'll have more interceptions than touchdown passes. Plus, the Jets don't have a lot of weapons on offense.

Arrow is pointing: down
    I am surprised he's even ranked, I mean the dude stinks up the joint..
    for an NFL starting QB he sucks. He can't even talk I mean the dude talks from the side of his mouth.