Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets 8/24 Practice Now at 11:20 & Other 8/24 Tweets & Info

Jets 8/24 Practice Now at 11:20 & Other 8/24 Tweets & Info

11:20AM @ Atlantic Health Jets Training Center

Thanks in advance for the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Thanks in advance for the updates.
    +1

I travel so much, and threads like this make it easy to find and read the heartbreaking news of the day! LOL.

Thank you, again.

Yes +1 on these update threads. LOVE them.

Hall Of Fame
    IBFT.

(in before "fire Tanny")

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Looks like Yeremiah Bell has joined the rehab group. Over there w Schilens, Sapp and Lankster.

Holmes handed red non-contact pinnie off to equipment staff. He and Kerley are doing position drills.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-24-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Looks like Yeremiah Bell has joined the rehab group. Over there w Schilens, Sapp and Lankster.
    I hope it's nothing serious.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I hope it's nothing serious.
    neither do i, but it could be a good chance for Allen and Bush to show what they have against the 1s

Is it wrong for me to have a hate on for a player that has essentially never laced up his cleats yet for the Jets? Chaz Schilens, Raider90210's boy is aggravating me and I've never seen the dude in a jets uni yet.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    neither do i, but it could be a good chance for Allen and Bush to show what they have against the 1s
    Agreed. Cimini (yes i know he is an idiot) said he thinks allen will be more of a special teams player then safety this year. The guy has speed and can play close to the line, also seems like he has a nose for the ball, woudl like to see get an opportunity against the 1s....especially vs a team with a running QB like cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Is it wrong for me to have a hate on for a player that has essentially never laced up his cleats yet for the Jets? Chaz Schilens, Raider90210's boy is aggravating me and I've never seen the dude in a jets uni yet.
    i can't see him suiting up for opening day. if white is healthy he's playing as he returns kicks.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Bell is out as team drills start. Landry and Bush are in at safety

Tebow is running the scout team offense

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Bellore still working as a fullback. McKnight practicing. Bush for Bell at safety.

With Bell out of team drills today, it's Landry and Bush with first-team defense

Does anyone else hate these writers tweeting injuries?
    Something tells me that Belichick would not allow the media to tweet injuries instantly from practice. Is this the new norm?

Alls it does is freak out us Jets fans not knowing anything about these injuries or if the player just rolled a freaking ankle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bell has a rep for being extremely durable. I'm sure (hope) this is just a precaution. He's looked really good thus far.

We really need Bush to step up big time. He's had a pretty quiet training camp and with the injury question marks with Landry and Smith he may need to start at some point this season. Was it me or did it seem like Manning and Cruz we're completing a lot of balls underneath in the middle of coverage, like last year?

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Mike DeVito just walked off the field slowly with a trainer.

DeVito seems to be headed inside.

Jeff Cumberland (concussion) still not practicing

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Agreed. Cimini (yes i know he is an idiot) said he thinks allen will be more of a special teams player then safety this year. The guy has speed and can play close to the line, also seems like he has a nose for the ball, woudl like to see get an opportunity against the 1s....especially vs a team with a running QB like cam.
    I have to believe that Allen will be in on at least the dime packages.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    We really need Bush to step up big time. He's had a pretty quiet training camp and with the injury question marks with Landry and Smith he may need to start at some point this season. Was it me or did it seem like Manning and Cruz we're completing a lot of balls underneath in the middle of coverage, like last year?
    It's not only you. Everyone wants to talk about Landrys hit. But what happened before the hit? Cruz caught the ball. We can hit and tackle but we will still struggle with coverage in the middle of the field.

More "cards" work today with Tebow, McElroy mimicking Newton. Holmes (now in red pinnie), Kerley doing team drills.