Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets 8/24 Practice Now at 11:20 & Other 8/24 Tweets & Info

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nor should he have been. It was a perfect hit.
    Buttle implied it was a questionable hit. LOL.

What he obviously couldn't see through his apparent alcohol stuper was that Landry led with his shoulder and that his helmet glanced off of Cruz' body. I'd like to see someone effectuate a tackle like that without any part of his helmet touching the ball carrier.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Is it wrong for me to have a hate on for a player that has essentially never laced up his cleats yet for the Jets? Chaz Schilens, Raider90210's boy is aggravating me and I've never seen the dude in a jets uni yet.
    Agreed. The only thing that waste of space has done this summer is open his mouth about a tongue in cheek comment made by Cromartie which led to unnecessary criticism.

And as soon as he was done being offended by Cromartie's remarks he did what he does best..strained his vag muscle and headed to the sidelines.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Sunday - Out: Schilens, Sapp.
    Get used to reading that every week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Baker was reportedly hurt the other day.

Does anyone know his status or what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Baker was reportedly hurt the other day.

Does anyone know his status or what happened?
    Just a stinger, he is up and running!

KB

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by COVERYOUR6 View Post
    Just a stinger, he is up and running!

KB
    Thank you sir. I figured if anyone knew it would be you!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Thank you sir. I figured if anyone knew it would be you!
    I thought your reply was sarcastic but after a look see, I see you were being sincere.

FWIW, I hope Baker has an increased role this year, I like his skill set. If his blocking improves a bit, he could see the field a lot more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I thought your reply was sarcastic but after a look see, I see you were being sincere.

FWIW, I hope Baker has an increased role this year, I like his skill set. If his blocking improves a bit, he could see the field a lot more.
    My reputation precedes me.

The hit may have come after an open field catch but I like the "message" it sends. "You can come across the middle and you may be open and may be able to make a catch. But know this. You will be drilled shortly thereafter."

If that message is out there, receivers will eventually start to exhibit alligator arms and also start to turn their heads before catching the ball leading to drops.

At least that's the hope and it's something we haven't had in a while. Landry and Bell present a presence that Leonhard, Pool and even E. Smith didn't IMO.
    The only message delivered is the the Jets D stil cant' cover SH!T!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    How many points did the Giants #1 offense score?

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Lol, I remember my first beer.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Sione Po'uha out this week. Said he's doing better. Ellis Lankster said he's got some sort of quad injury. Expects to be back next week.

J.P. Pelzman ‏@JPPelzman
    RB Joe McKnight [shin splints] and WR Patrick Turner [ankle] both expect to play Sunday vs. Carolina

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    LaRon Landry says he was not fined for hit on Victor Cruz
    Anyone have a video of the Landry hit on Cruz?

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Anyone have a video of the Landry hit on Cruz?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg8LpeOGbbw

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Thanks for posting that - that was a beautiful hit.

That is exactly what this defense needs....

It's not only you. Everyone wants to talk about Landrys hit. But what happened before the hit? Cruz caught the ball. We can hit and tackle but we will still struggle with coverage in the middle of the field.
    on NYJ.com Landry said he could have picked that off and he read the play immediately. He said he was just surprised they'd leave little Cruz there to likely get blasted this early in the pre season. I hate the "vanilla" word but it goes for the defense as well. Rex prepares the D as well as any coach in this league and most of the focus in the off season was on tightends and stopping plays like that. I wouldn't judge any coverage failures in pre season games and think they are a warning sign of what is to come.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    on NYJ.com Landry said he could have picked that off and he read the play immediately. He said he was just surprised they'd leave little Cruz there to likely get blasted this early in the pre season. I hate the "vanilla" word but it goes for the defense as well. Rex prepares the D as well as any coach in this league and most of the focus in the off season was on tightends and stopping plays like that. I wouldn't judge any coverage failures in pre season games and think they are a warning sign of what is to come.
    If Landry could have picked the ball off he would have. That is a DBs instincts. IMO he was too far away to make a play on the ball. He was a 3 or 4 yards away from Cruz when Cruz made the catch.

All League
    If Landry could have picked the ball off he would have. That is a DBs instincts. IMO he was too far away to make a play on the ball. He was a 3 or 4 yards away from Cruz when Cruz made the catch.

i don't know if he would have -- but he certainly should have tried. INT is way more valuable than a big hit, and I certainly hope he understands that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    i don't know if he would have -- but he certainly should have tried. INT is way more valuable than a big hit, and I certainly hope he understands that.
    If he could have he would have. He made the correct play given the circumstances. IMO there was no way for him to make an INT.

If he tried to make an INT from that far away and misses we have Christmas Eve all over again.

All League
    If he could have he would have. He made the correct play given the circumstances. IMO there was no way for him to make an INT.

If he tried to make an INT from that far away and misses we have Christmas Eve all over again.
    my point was more about his hands and/or the difficulty of actually converting on an interception opportunity... can't really say with any certainty that he WOULD have made the pick even if he was in perfect postion (not a shot a Landry...same is true with any DB)

I agree that he was too far away to go for the pick...although, if what he said was really true, you could read it to mean he read the play from the start and hung back to put himself in the best position for the big hit...we'd need to see the coaches tape, or at least a broader view, to really know.

either way, it was a stupid thing to say.
    Last edited by gaffneycatch; 08-25-2012 at 08:33 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    I agree but big hits do get in receivers heads...You will see guys getting alligator arm going across the middle..