Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets 8/24 Practice Now at 11:20 & Other 8/24 Tweets & Info

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    It's not only you. Everyone wants to talk about Landrys hit. But what happened before the hit? Cruz caught the ball. We can hit and tackle but we will still struggle with coverage in the middle of the field.
    The hit may have come after an open field catch but I like the "message" it sends. "You can come across the middle and you may be open and may be able to make a catch. But know this. You will be drilled shortly thereafter."

If that message is out there, receivers will eventually start to exhibit alligator arms and also start to turn their heads before catching the ball leading to drops.

At least that's the hope and it's something we haven't had in a while. Landry and Bell present a presence that Leonhard, Pool and even E. Smith didn't IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Does anyone else hate these writers tweeting injuries?
    Something tells me that Belichick would not allow the media to tweet injuries instantly from practice. Is this the new norm?

Alls it does is freak out us Jets fans not knowing anything about these injuries or if the player just rolled a freaking ankle.
    Now that TC ended The pats allow media access for 30 min of practice, they can not report on formations but they can report what players are/are not on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The hit may have come after an open field catch but I like the "message" it sends. "You can come across the middle and you may be open and may be able to make a catch. But know this. You will be drilled shortly thereafter."

If that message is out there, receivers will eventually start to exhibit alligator arms and also start to turn their heads before catching the ball leading to drops.

At least that's the hope and it's something we haven't had in a while. Landry and Bell present a presence that Leonhard, Pool and even E. Smith didn't IMO.
    Cruz dropped a couple of passes after that due to this factor. What Landry did worked, at least for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Cruz dropped a couple of passes after that due to this factor. What Landry did worked, at least for a bit.
    exactly

It's not only you. Everyone wants to talk about Landrys hit. But what happened before the hit? Cruz caught the ball. We can hit and tackle but we will still struggle with coverage in the middle of the field.
    you do know eli ended up wit a 31 qbr and after that drive cruz was a non factor as cro started playing tigher to the line with deep help

Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    We really need Bush to step up big time. He's had a pretty quiet training camp and with the injury question marks with Landry and Smith he may need to start at some point this season. Was it me or did it seem like Manning and Cruz we're completing a lot of balls underneath in the middle of coverage, like last year?
    Bush had a quiet camp from a reports/mentions perspective, but he's the one running with the starters whenever Landry or Bell have missed practice time.

must be doing something right.

Veteran
    really don't understand how so many players are getting hurt this TC. it's kinda insane. key players getting hurt, FAs never getting off the bike.

and trust me, i know injuries are part of the game and other teams have injuries, but name me one team whose players are constantly in the rehab group, or got hurt in camp and haven't played a game since (Holmes).
    Last edited by heymangold; 08-24-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Bell has a rep for being extremely durable. I'm sure (hope) this is just a precaution. He's looked really good thus far.
    So did Vinny Testaverde, until his achilles injury. Sometimes bad things happen to good players ... moreover as they progress through their thirties.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Is it wrong for me to have a hate on for a player that has essentially never laced up his cleats yet for the Jets? Chaz Schilens, Raider90210's boy is aggravating me and I've never seen the dude in a jets uni yet.
    LOL.. it wouldnt be as frustrating if he wasnt always hurt in his career. The fact the guy has never been healthy and was brought in here to be a much needed veteran WR makes it even more aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    So did Vinny Testaverde, until his achilles injury. Sometimes bad things happen to good players ... moreover as they progress through their thirties.
    let's not panic quite yet:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

Chalk Yeremiah Bell's appearance with the rehab group up to "general soreness" he said. Nothing specific, everything is Ok.

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Sione Po'uha out this week. Said he's doing better. Ellis Lankster said he's got some sort of quad injury. Expects to be back next week.

J.P. Pelzman ‏@JPPelzman
    RB Joe McKnight [shin splints] and WR Patrick Turner [ankle] both expect to play Sunday vs. Carolina

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    LaRon Landry says he was not fined for hit on Victor Cruz

Hall Of Fame
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    LaRon Landry says he was not fined for hit on Victor Cruz
    Nor should he have been. It was a perfect hit.

Nor should he have been. It was a perfect hit.
    Yup. No need to fine Based Landry because he was too reality based for the fictional Victoria Cruz.

Re Ryan expects Jeremy Kerley and Santonio Holmes to play Sunday. DevVito pulled calf muscle today. If any questions Sunday, he won't play.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Ryan on why he addressed team at start of practice: Didn't like chippy attitude. Result was sloppy practice. Said he'd be concerned if R.S.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini Tebow won't play in final preseason game, according to Ryan. McElroy, Simms will share QB duty in Philly

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan on kicking competition between Folk and Brown: "Right now the competition is amazing and really close."

Rex says Jet's starters will not play in 4th preseason game vs. Eagles next Thursday

Rex: "It certainly wasn't perfect today.... I was concerned with the communication both on offense and defense."

Rex: "I thought we had too many mistakes on both sides of the ball" at practice today. "I'm concerned."

Rex Ryan reiterates that he's "going to be real cautious" with Holmes and Kerley on Sunday night. Sounds like limited plays.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-24-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Sunday - Out: Po'uha, Smith, Lankster, Cumberland, Schilens, Sapp. Questionable: DeVito, Bell. Probable: Holmes, Kerley, Bellore, Turner

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan on kicking competition between Folk and Brown: "Right now the competition is amazing and really close."

Rex says Jet's starters will not play in 4th preseason game vs. Eagles next Thursday

Rex: "It certainly wasn't perfect today.... I was concerned with the communication both on offense and defense."

Rex: "I thought we had too many mistakes on both sides of the ball" at practice today. "I'm concerned."

Rex Ryan reiterates that he's "going to be real cautious" with Holmes and Kerley on Sunday night. Sounds like limited plays.
    Thank you for posting all this type of information. It really helps to keep us up to date with Jets news etc.

I love that Rex keeps calling out the team and all that but what the F???

How many times is he going to have to keep doing that. I really hope they're just getting sick of each other and want the season to start.

Safety Yeremiah Bell didn't practice today but said it was a case of "general soreness." Ryan clarified by saying that Bell has a knee issue.

There is no structural damage, revealed after a series of tests. He expects to be ready for Sunday, though Ryan wasn't as sure, saying if it's a lingering issue he'll be held out.

"We'll see," Ryan said. "I know he wants to play."

DT Mike DeVito
    injured his calf during practice today. Ryan wouldn't rule him out for Sunday but didn't sound positive. "That's not a good thing for a D-lineman," Ryan said. "If there's anything with that he won't play."

Tight end Jeff Cumberland (concussion) said
    his case was a mild one, but he won't play Sunday. He didn't practice today.

Linebacker/Fullback Nick Bellore (shoulder) practiced without
    the red non-contact jersey today as expected. He said on Wednesday that Carolina should be a go.

Running back Joe McKnight (shins) said
    he's fine for Sunday against the Panthers and took a more active role in practice than yesterday.

Wideout Patrick Turner (ankle)
    will also play on Sunday.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ys_hes_95.html