Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 214

Thread: Killing 2 underground yellowjacket nests at sundown tonight b*itches

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Depending on the size of the hive I usually just suck them up with a wet/dry vac. I have a spray bottle with rubbing alcohol on hand just in case. Rubbing alcohol will basically deter any household pest.

    Just this spring I did 3 baseball sized hives in my shed. Had a slight opening near the roof where they got in from.
    This works well,and the best part about it is that then you can take the hose from the vacuum side and put it on the blower side and pipe all the bees into a friends car and just sit back and watch the hilarity ensue. You know as a prank.

  2. #42
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,743
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    While screaching from stings and the burns from the boiling soap water he flung into his face.

  3. #43
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    give me your advice so I can go with the Costanza opposite theory
    I recommend you call the Agriculture guy back posing as the State Poleez. Tell him they found a guy stung to death and he was holding a phone with this being the last number called.

    Demand to know what he tole you.




    -

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    a year ago that guy gave me a picture he took at night that showed The Holy Ghost.

    i just threw it out a few days ago.

  5. #45
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    he wanted me to use commercial spray

    he didn't seem to know more about insects than you or me
    We live on a mountain (the one next to Candlestick Park) and our back yard is terraced. Garden Bees, they look like honey bees, built what looks like a temporary nest in the wooden planks of our retaining wall, as they feasted on the end of the Scotch Broom flowers. They were here for a week or two.

    The Candlestick winds (gusts up to 40+) may have been a factor; but for two weeks I eat and drank in backyad and was never swarmed or whatever. Which was weird, because I was initially ready to go Jack Bauer on them bees.


    They look similar to yellow jackets; definitely honey bees. There are honey bees all around "green SF". I guess they were just traveling through. Kinda miss 'em.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    The aftermath.

    hahaha

  7. #47
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    We live on a mountain (the one next to Candlestick Park) and our back yard is terraced. Garden Bees, they look like honey bees, built what looks like a temporary nest in the wooden planks of our retaining wall, as they feasted on the end of the Scotch Broom flowers. They were here for a week or two.

    The Candlestick winds (gusts up to 40+) may have been a factor; but for two weeks I eat and drank in backyad and was never swarmed or whatever. Which was weird, because I was initially ready to go Jack Bauer on them bees.


    They look similar to yellow jackets; definitely honey bees. There are honey bees all around "green SF". I guess they were just traveling through. Kinda miss 'em.
    No these are yellow jackets. We have honey bees in the garden and I couldn't care less about them. I let them be(e).

    The Yellow jackets have taken over the humming bird feeders - which is pissing me off.

  8. #48
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    No these are yellow jackets. We have honey bees in the garden and I couldn't care less about them. I let them be(e).

    The Yellow jackets have taken over the humming bird feeders - which is pissing me off.
    I have a vinous plant that attracts lots of hummingbirds; they'll even battle those winds at times. But they are the best in the morning; calm and wonderful. Great thing to observe while trying to craft a hilarious reply on the Pfail Strip.

    BTW, I witnessed one of our feral kitties meet a horrible demise at the hands of a raccoon posse two weeks ago. F'd him up. My wife actually saw the entire deal and screamed for me to help the kitty. I shoo'd the coon and put kitty in a box; put on some gloves and helped make his last few hours as tolerable as possible. Just petted him; tried to give him water drops...awful. It toook days for the sadness to leave.

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I have a vinous plant that attracts lots of hummingbirds; they'll even battle those winds at times. But they are the best in the morning; calm and wonderful. Great thing to observe while trying to craft a hilarious reply on the Pfail Strip.

    BTW, I witnessed one of our feral kitties meet a horrible demise at the hands of a raccoon posse two weeks ago. F'd him up. My wife actually saw the entire deal and screamed for me to help the kitty. I shoo'd the coon and put kitty in a box; put on some gloves and helped make his last few hours as tolerable as possible. Just petted him; tried to give him water drops...awful. It toook days for the sadness to leave.
    we get involved in a lot of those situations.

    I drove a bluejay an hour to a rehibiltator, definitely had some kind of brain damage. Flailing around in the box. Died on me as I stepped out of the car and handed the bird over

  10. #50
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    we get involved in a lot of those situations.

    I drove a bluejay an hour to a rehibiltator, definitely had some kind of brain damage. Flailing around in the box. Died on me as I stepped out of the car and handed the bird over
    Still, I love the frontier.


    With easy access to Hwy 101.

  11. #51
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Died on me as I stepped out of the car and handed the bird over
    They took it?

    -

  12. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Anyway you can film this, then post it on You Tube?


    Please?



    Signed,
    The Hampur
    It's totally true, my life needs this entertainment !

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,232
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    They took it?

    -
    I lold

  14. #54
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,475
    The Verizon / Comcast guys have some great commercial grade stuff. I saw one get swarmed when he opened a cable relay box about 20' up on a telephone pole. He went Josey Wales and dropped them like rocks with the stuff. Leech a can and SEAL team six' em tonight.

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,280
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    The Verizon / Comcast guys have some great commercial grade stuff. I saw one get swarmed when he opened a cable relay box about 20' up on a telephone pole. He went Josey Wales and dropped them like rocks with the stuff. Leech a can and SEAL team six' em tonight.
    I can get that too. It's expensive. But I have found that you can get the good foaming stuff at most hardware stores. It doesn't quite shoot 20' but more like 10 feet. But it works great.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You're killing a bunch of people from Georgia Tech?
    There isn't a trombone sad enough.

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,280
    My best bee story...

    I was 18, working on a golf course and had semi-long hair. By our first tee, there was an ols soda machine. It started looking ratty so they enclosed it in a wooden box with cutouts for all of the important stuff.

    I was buying sodas for the whole crew and as each came out, I was putting it on top of the machine. Well apparently there was a big bees nest inside the wood and all of the sudden a swarm came flying out and attacked me. They were stinging me all over and many got in my hair.

    Picture all these golfers standing there watching me running around punching myself in the head and rolling on the ground to get the bees off.

    I think I ended up with 20 or so stings.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,105
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    My best bee story...

    I was 18, working on a golf course and had semi-long hair. By our first tee, there was an ols soda machine. It started looking ratty so they enclosed it in a wooden box with cutouts for all of the important stuff.

    I was buying sodas for the whole crew and as each came out, I was putting it on top of the machine. Well apparently there was a big bees nest inside the wood and all of the sudden a swarm came flying out and attacked me. They were stinging me all over and many got in my hair.

    Picture all these golfers standing there watching me running around punching myself in the head and rolling on the ground to get the bees off.

    I think I ended up with 20 or so stings.
    driving back from a friend's wedding in my 1971 Ford LTD with the windows open and my shirt off, bent down to pick up a cassette to throw in the stereo when a wasp got blown in and landed between the seat and my back - 2 minutes later I'm upside down in my car with about 20 stings on my back and totaled car - and the last thing I remember is seeing the wasp flying out the window...prolly lol'ing at me.

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    driving back from a friend's wedding in my 1971 Ford LTD with the windows open and my shirt off, bent down to pick up a cassette to throw in the stereo when a wasp got blown in and landed between the seat and my back - 2 minutes later I'm upside down in my car with about 20 stings on my back and totaled car - and the last thing I remember is seeing the wasp flying out the window...prolly lol'ing at me.

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    They took it?

    -
    yes, she knew I was crushed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us