Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong II: Electric Boogaloo!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Maybe test stokes?

Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    That's a good question man - bit late for it right now for me though. What about for yourself? The bubble is slowly going out of commodities, think overall I'd be steering my money elsewhere. Your opinion?
    I got outta energies about a month ago...still have a position in gold but that's more for hedging purposes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Maybe test stokes?
    HEDs?

(Height Enhancing Drugs)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a lunatic cycling fan for years and followed the doping scandals in Europe closing as I grew up there and continued to follow it after I moved to the US.

What has been said previously by knowledgeable posters is true ... previously no one in cycling was clean . Winning the Tour De France meant that you were effectively given first prize for being the most effective (undetectable) blood booster / blood doper. The dilemma for cyclists was " If I don't dope, I don't have a chance" That was the premise that cyclists, their trainers, their managers for decades embraced. It was a no-win situation ... unless you won.

Do I believe that Lance doped ... yes I believe it wholeheartedly but the whole sport was dirty and some say still is dirty today. All the blood and urine samples are kept in the hope that the technology in the future will be able to detect manipulations of blood that are not detectable yet.

So the wrong was relative. Lance did the smartest thing he could, he used the line that he was sick of witch hunt so he was no longer defending himself.

I hate cheating in football, horse-racing, cycling or in any sport. Sports in an ideal non-practical world is about something higher that money. It is about purity, competition on a level playing field.

The harsh reality is that cheating is eternal, is universal, mankind is corrupt to the core.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Crossfire, I hope you have a state-of-the-art home security system.

I can see Stokes , ninja-like climbing up the side of your house at night with a Bowie knife in his mouth. !

i can (barely) see it, too:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    You muther...here's a real one from the Wyckoff Tri.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I have been a lunatic cycling fan for years and followed the doping scandals in Europe closing as I grew up there and continued to follow it after I moved to the US.

What has been said previously by knowledgeable posters is true ... previously no one in cycling was clean . Winning the Tour De France meant that you were effectively given first prize for being the most effective (undetectable) blood booster / blood doper. The dilemma for cyclists was " If I don't dope, I don't have a chance" That was the premise that cyclists, their trainers, their managers for decades embraced. It was a no-win situation ... unless you won.

Do I believe that Lance doped ... yes I believe it wholeheartedly but the whole sport was dirty and some say still is dirty today. All the blood and urine samples are kept in the hope that the technology in the future will be able to detect manipulations of blood that are not detectable yet.

So the wrong was relative. Lance did the smartest thing he could, he used the line that he was sick of witch hunt so he was no longer defending himself.

I hate cheating in football, horse-racing, cycling or in any sport. Sports in an ideal non-practical world is about something higher that money. It is about purity, competition on a level playing field.

The harsh reality is that cheating is eternal, is universal, mankind is corrupt to the core.
    Yeah, but what about his ferverent denials over the years? The underlying transgression is one thing - the cover up and denials over the last 10 years are another.

Armstrong's problem was that he was too successful. Its one thing to fade into the background if you were rider that was doping who never quite made it to the podium. No one gives a sh!t. But, if you go out and win 7 Tours, you'll be in the spotlight. And just because the prosecution of Armstrong has been mean spirited, doesn't mean that he didn't dope.

If he's going to continue to deny these allegations despite the mounting evidence, people will continue to dig. He now is stopping his defense at a time when his back is against the wall and he really had no rebuttal. He could go after the character of Hamilton, Landis, etc. Not sure he could do that with Hincapie. And not sure he could count on Georgie perjuring himself to protect his old buddy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only you gheys could get in a heated argument about some Spandex wearing Nancy boy and his bike..even got the thread locked. I think it's time for nutsack transplants all around.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

_
    This is the doping thread, not the dopey thread.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Only you gheys could get in a heated argument about some Spandex wearing Nancy boy and his bike..even got the thread locked. I think it's time for nutsack transplants all around.
    Just because Warfish wears a skirt on occasion, doesn't mean he's the ghey. Lets not jump to conclusions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Just because Warfish wears a skirt on occasion, doesn't mean he's the ghey. Lets not jump to conclusions.
    If he's cycling in that kilt it's good enough for me. No not like that you know what I mean.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post

Italians, why the hell can't they keep their hands down? He looks like he's singing a song with "mozz-a- rell-uh - pizza pie-uh"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Seconds later...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That hurts.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    That hurts.

_
    You look cut; you work out?

Signed,

GHEY-FY

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Yeah, but what about his ferverent denials over the years? The underlying transgression is one thing - the cover up and denials over the last 10 years are another.

Armstrong's problem was that he was too successful. Its one thing to fade into the background if you were rider that was doping who never quite made it to the podium. No one gives a sh!t. But, if you go out and win 7 Tours, you'll be in the spotlight. And just because the prosecution of Armstrong has been mean spirited, doesn't mean that he didn't dope.

If he's going to continue to deny these allegations despite the mounting evidence, people will continue to dig. He now is stopping his defense at a time when his back is against the wall and he really had no rebuttal. He could go after the character of Hamilton, Landis, etc. Not sure he could do that with Hincapie. And not sure he could count on Georgie perjuring himself to protect his old buddy.
    I agree ... weirdly what bothers me more than the doping, is the years of denial. I can understanding doping - but the years and years of angry denials until enough circumstantial evidence come to light that it becomes irrefutable is what bothers me most.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    De Geys are people too ! I stay away from discussing anything beyond football on the Landstrip. If I had a choice I would keep my football discussions in the Hampur too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    More Vanna goodness.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

Dirtstar, that Bob The Builder, Ninja Warrior figure is going to go all Toy Story on you tonight !

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    You do look like a fit Mo'Fo', Stokes.

You in the bicycle shorts and Ragu in his wife-beater in the kitchen with the Poodle could do an awesome work-out / tomato sauce cook-off video ...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You look cut; you work out?

Signed,

GHEY-FY

lmao