Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate My Team

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    - 6 points/touchdown however it's scored.
    - (-2) for fumble or int.
    - regular 12 team snake; no PPR or keeper.
    - 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1Def.

Controlled Chaos:

1. (2) Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
    2. (23) Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
    3. (26) Greg Jennings (GB - WR)
    4. (47) Doug Martin (TB - RB)
    5. (50) Eric Decker (Den - WR)
    6. (71) Brandon Pettigrew (Det - TE)
    7. (74) Willis McGahee (Den - RB)
    8. (95) Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR)
    9. (98) Isaac Redman (Pit - RB)
    10. (119) Green Bay (GB - DEF)
    11. (122) Nate Washington (Ten - WR)
    12. (143) Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)
    13. (146) Kellen Winslow (Sea - TE)
    14. (167) Evan Royster (Was - RB)
    15. (170) Michael Floyd (Ari - WR)
    Now that is an A team. 3 TEs and no K? Royster, Redman, and McGahee all have nice upsides. I love the depth here at RB for a 12 man league. Washington is going to run a lot more and Royster will be the prime back. When all is said and done you may be looking at 5 solid starting RBs come playoff time. I really like Decker but if Manning goes down you could have some issues. Still very strong team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Now that is an A team. 3 TEs and no K? Royster, Redman, and McGahee all have nice upsides. I love the depth here at RB for a 12 man league. Washington is going to run a lot more and Royster will be the prime back. When all is said and done you may be looking at 5 solid starting RBs come playoff time. I really like Decker but if Manning goes down you could have some issues. Still very strong team.
    TE+TE flex means TEs are valued higher in our league...and based on the principle of scarcity, I'd rather hold onto those TEs and get trade offers than pick up more project RBs/WRs and see no benefits.

Agreed if Peyton goes down, I'm in a bit of a pickle, but Peyton has never missed any game time due to on the field injuries...I attribute last year to a fluke, and I don't see a highly cerebral guy like Peyton who would rather drop down for a taken sack than get hit, coming back to play if he wasn't positive about the neck.

My strategy with Kickers has always been the same, dont waste a draft pick, and instead, take the highest projected kicker available each week. In a 12 team league, even if everyone else takes a kicker, you'll still get the 12th best, and the difference between the 12th best and the 3rd best is minimal. Also, they're such volatile variables, that it doesn't make sense trying to stick to one hoping they play well each week, because unless they're the first tier, you're gonna be playing against the odds.
    Case in point, Billy Cundiff was picked first in the 15th round, and he was cut today. That pick could have been used to pick up Dexter McCluster or Michael Floyd (project). Meanwhile, the kicker who has the highest projection for week 1 wasn't even picked. So I'm taking him on waivers. I'll continue to drop and add every week with said strategy.

Thanks for your input.

BESTEST TEAM EVAH!

All League
    10 team league, 6 pt TDs, big play bonuses, no PPR no keeper
    start : 2QB 2RB 3WR TE Flex

Romo, Rivers, Sanchez

Rice, MJD, Turner, D. Wilson, L. Blount

A. Brown, V. Jackson, D. Jackson, Meacham, Britt

Witten, Pettigrew

Hanson

Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post

Romo, Rivers, Sanchez

Witten, Pettigrew

Hanson

Eagles
    Hard team to eval. In a 2 QB league I have to go by that alone and I have to say you aren't great. Romo is in a contract year but also faces some really brutal Ds and that OL is still not that good. That back end schedule is going to get him killed. It will not be his best year and I expect him to miss a few games as he has been beaten up for a while now. Last year we sacked him 4 times! One of the reasons I like our schedule this year is we don't see Balt and the sack happy East this year. There is a reason they spent money to get Orton. He is truly anther non playoff year away from being gone. Rivers and Sanchez have better fantasy value then they get credit for but still. RB start Turner over MJD for a few weeks but you're fine there same at TE. Wr is is more questions. Brown is a 2 on what is a run 1st team. VJax is in TB splitting with Williams and Clark on anther team that has struggled with the pass. DJax is not a good redzone WR and who knows what you have in Britt and Meacham this year really. The potential is there but realistically I would not expect much.

Suggestion IF Foles is still out there pick him up and pray Vick gets killed.

Romo, Rivers, Sanchez

Witten, Pettigrew

Hanson

Eagles
    You got a heist with getting both Rice and MJD. You need another WR. Rivers is going to bounce back this season.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Hard team to eval. In a 2 QB league I have to go by that alone and I have to say you aren't great. Romo is in a contract year but also faces some really brutal Ds and that OL is still not that good. That back end schedule is going to get him killed. It will not be his best year and I expect him to miss a few games as he has been beaten up for a while now. Last year we sacked him 4 times! One of the reasons I like our schedule this year is we don't see Balt and the sack happy East this year. There is a reason they spent money to get Orton. He is truly anther non playoff year away from being gone. Rivers and Sanchez have better fantasy value then they get credit for but still. RB start Turner over MJD for a few weeks but you're fine there same at TE. Wr is is more questions. Brown is a 2 on what is a run 1st team. VJax is in TB splitting with Williams and Clark on anther team that has struggled with the pass. DJax is not a good redzone WR and who knows what you have in Britt and Meacham this year really. The potential is there but realistically I would not expect much.

Suggestion IF Foles is still out there pick him up and pray Vick gets killed.
    I think Romo is a better fantasy QB much more so than real football. Same goes for Rivers, so I'm not really worried there.

The guy who has Vick also drafted Foles late in the draft.

IMO there is a reason why the Steelers locked up Brown. I think he has Victor Cruz star potential.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    You got a heist with getting both Rice and MJD. You need another WR. Rivers is going to bounce back this season.
    I thought so, but MJD is really worrying me. I wouldn't be surprised if he does what Carson Palmer did.

I think Romo is a better fantasy QB much more so than real football. Same goes for Rivers, so I'm not really worried there.

The guy who has Vick also drafted Foles late in the draft.

IMO there is a reason why the Steelers locked up Brown. I think he has Victor Cruz star potential.
    Victor Cruz will be terrible in fantasy this year.

Edit: won't be terrible per say but dude is severely overvalued right now.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Victor Cruz will be terrible in fantasy this year.

Edit: won't be terrible per say but dude is severely overvalued right now.
    I don't see it, Eli loves him.