Bench:
    Joe Flacco
    Peyton Hillis
    Mike Goodson
    LaGerrette Blount
    Brandon LaFell
    Anquan Boldin
    Danny Amendola

Overall I'm quite happy. I figured I'd handcuff Doug Martin just in case.

What are your thoughts?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd handcuff McFadden too. He kicks butt when in but never plays a full season. Harvin worries me a bit due to the migraine thing. He's good but if he's out due to his head you'll have little time to replace him (if any). Bolden may be a wasted roster spot, he's getting older, and Torrey (smith?) appears ready for a breakout second year. I wouldn't drop him right away per se, but keep an eye on how he's used, you may want to when you need/want another player.

depending on how many teams in your league, DEF and K can't be picked up weekly according to matchup
    Last edited by CraigFL; 08-24-2012 at 03:46 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    I'd handcuff McFadden too. He kicks butt when in but never plays a full season. Harvin worries me a bit due to the migraine thing. He's good but if he's out due to his head you'll have little time to replace him (if any). Bolden may be a wasted roster spot, he's getting older, and Torrey (smith?) appears ready for a breakout second year. I wouldn't drop him right away per se, but keep an eye on how he's used, you may want to when you need/want another player.

depending on how many teams in your league, DEF and K can't be picked up weekly according to matchup
    Handcuffed McFadden with Goodson. Harvin's injury risk is overrated IMO. He really hardly misses time when you look at it.

Agree on Boldin, he was BPA. Torrey Smith was drafted.

12 teams. But I can always will/have pick up a DEF weekly. Henery I plan to hold onto until the need arises to possibly replace him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    6PT QB Passing
    6 PT Rushing TDS
    1 PT for 10 Yards Receiving/Rushing
    1 Point per 30 yards passing
    Bonuses for Long Plays
    Non - PPR
    12 Team

QB - Matt Ryan
    RB1 - LeSean McCoy
    RB2 - Darren McFadden
    Flex - Doug Martin
    WR1 - Brandon Marshall
    WR2 - Percy Harvin
    TE - Fred Davis
    DEF - Arizona (who cares)
    K - Alex Henery (who cares)

Bench:
    Joe Flacco
    Peyton Hillis
    Mike Goodson
    LaGerrette Blount
    Brandon LaFell
    Anquan Boldin
    Danny Amendola

Overall I'm quite happy. I figured I'd handcuff Doug Martin just in case.

What are your thoughts?
    My draft is tomorrow, and it's exactly like yours (12 teams) except that it's 25 passyrds for a point.

I'd love to see your entire draft rundown...there's no way any team in my league would end up with Matty Ice, Lesean, McFadden, and Marshall.

Those are top 3 picks for any 12 team league, except that you have 4 top 3 picks there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like that you picked up Hillis late. You never know when the Avalanche is gonna pick up steam.
    Avalanche is a Dan Patrick thing, we called Peyton at Arkansas.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    My draft is tomorrow, and it's exactly like yours (12 teams) except that it's 25 passyrds for a point.

I'd love to see your entire draft rundown...there's no way any team in my league would end up with Matty Ice, Lesean, McFadden, and Marshall.

Those are top 3 picks for any 12 team league, except that you have 4 top 3 picks there.
    well, here's why it happened.

Our point system awards 6 PTS per passing TD as opposed to the standard 4.

That caused a massive run on QBs first and second round. Knowing I was picking dead middle I decided to draft against the runs because if I went w/ the standard runs that I anticipated I'd be sure to see the guys I wanted go off the board.

I absolutely thought DMC would be off the board by 2.6, but the later round 1st went RB, due to the front end 1st QB run (which I anticipated happening) so 2nd front end took lots of QBs.

The stars aligned when DMC was sitting there. I took Marshall at 3.6 which right where he should go.

All in all, my strategy worked to a tee.

I only got McCoy bc of the QB run, DMC fell to me (which he did about half the time in mocks), and Marshall was sitting there in the 3rd. You can get Matty Ice 4th or 5th round based on his ADP. If your draft shows lack of QB run in the first 2 you might want to reach for him in the 3rd if you need to. Huge value pick IMO. And I knew he'd be there bc of the other teams stocking QBs 1st and second. It allowed me to reach a bit for Harvin to secure him knowing damn well Ice would fall to me in the 5th.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 08-24-2012 at 04:16 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    I like that you picked up Hillis late. You never know when the Avalanche is gonna pick up steam.
    Avalanche is a Dan Patrick thing, we called Peyton at Arkansas.
    in a strange way I look at Hillis as something of a handcuff to DMC. Granted, I got Goodson, but in a pinch if DMC goes down Hillis could turn out to be a solid flex play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, here's why it happened.

Our point system awards 6 PTS per passing TD as opposed to the standard 4.

That caused a massive run on QBs first and second round. Knowing I was picking dead middle I decided to draft against the runs because if I went w/ the standard runs that I anticipated I'd be sure to see the guys I wanted go off the board.

I absolutely thought DMC would be off the board by 2.6, but the later round 1st went RB, due to the front end 1st QB run (which I anticipated happening) so 2nd front end took lots of QBs.

The stars aligned when DMC was sitting there. I took Marshall at 3.6 which right where he should go.

All in all, my strategy worked to a tee.

I only got McCoy bc of the QB run, DMC fell to me (which he did about half the time in mocks), and Marshall was sitting there in the 3rd. You can get Matty Ice 4th or 5th round based on his ADP. If your draft shows lack of QB run in the first 2 you might want to reach for him in the 3rd if you need to. Huge value pick IMO. And I knew he'd be there bc of the other teams stocking QBs 1st and second. It allowed me to reach a bit for Harvin to secure him knowing damn well Ice would fall to me in the 5th.
    More power to ya. We also have 6 pts per td regardless of how it's scored, and we will also have a run on QBs (I can Aaron going as high as number two based on the guy picking). The only thing is that the jump from 4 to 6 pts really only helps the top tier guys (arod Brees Brady) based on a significant ratio analysis performed by someone online (blanking on the guy who did it). It was fully comprehensive, and most of us put a big stake on that analysis. So based on that, the Rbs and WRs figure to go very quick...

I've got Matty Ice as the 4th most productive QB this year... And many people are under rating just how beastly Marshall's gonna be.

Like I said, I don't see any of those 4 falling outta the top 36 (although I can see Why Ryan would drop based on ADP...but I almost never put stock in ADP).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    More power to ya. We also have 6 pts per td regardless of how it's scored, and we will also have a run on QBs (I can Aaron going as high as number two based on the guy picking). The only thing is that the jump from 4 to 6 pts really only helps the top tier guys (arod Brees Brady) based on a significant ratio analysis performed by someone online (blanking on the guy who did it). It was fully comprehensive, and most of us put a big stake on that analysis. So based on that, the Rbs and WRs figure to go very quick...

I've got Matty Ice as the 4th most productive QB this year... And many people are under rating just how beastly Marshall's gonna be.

Like I said, I don't see any of those 4 falling outta the top 36 (although I can see Why Ryan would drop based on ADP...but I almost never put stock in ADP).
    I agree on the QB thought. However, in a 6PT league while the PT dropoff from the big 3 to the next tier if significant...The dropoff from Tier II to Tier III is even more significant. Things might figure to go a bit differently than you expect. I basically had 2 strategies heading in and ran with the RB 1st n 2nd round load up.

The scope was narrower to get that second tier upside guy, but I lucked out with the way the board fell out. I was real close to ending up with Big Ben.

A lot of people will likely get caught up in the first 3 round RB craze/uncertainty which is exactly what ended up happening. Except I ended up with potentially the best 1 - 2 punch at RB in the history of fantasy football

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You got LeSean McCoy with the sixth overall pick and Darren McFadden with the sixth pick of the second round? In a 12 team league?

They other guys in your league suck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    You got LeSean McCoy with the sixth overall pick and Darren McFadden with the sixth pick of the second round? In a 12 team league?

They other guys in your league suck.
    no sir they dont....scoring is different in this league...favor towards QBs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id play amendola(if its a ppr) or hillis as your flex week 1. Blount is still the number 1 right now so im not sure what kind of impact martin will have out of the gate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Id play amendola or hillis as your flex week 1. Blount is still the number 1 right now so im not sure what kind of impact martin will have out of the gate.
    i was just having this convo....I'm probably going to flex Hillis week 1...martin is the favorite without question, but blount will still be in the mix...Either way I have both just in case, but its worth watching for the 1st couple of weeks until martin cements himself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure where your getting your doug martin info, but blount is the #1 right now. He started the 1st 2 preseason games and will be the starter heading into the season.

Now martin might overtake him as the year goes on, but he hasnt as of yet.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    no sir they dont....scoring is different in this league...favor towards QBs.
    I draft in a 10 team league today with that scoring. Only we start 2 QBs as well. QBs are gold to many, not necessarily me.

In a 12 team league you did well, nice work.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a 6pt passing td league, I'd be nerous with Matt Ryan. system am a littke more down on Ryan than must, but he could be the worst sta,rting qb in a 12 team league, and with that scoring system, that could be a killer. Rbs are stout, love Martin as a flex, as he could be #1 caliber, but in my opinion, in a league like this, RBs aren't as important as QBs. Your Wrs are good, I am staying away from Harvin because I think he will check out about mid season. Love Marshall. Without seeing other teams, I'd say thats a potential playoff team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    In a 6pt passing td league, I'd be nerous with Matt Ryan. system am a littke more down on Ryan than must, but he could be the worst sta,rting qb in a 12 team league, and with that scoring system, that could be a killer. Rbs are stout, love Martin as a flex, as he could be #1 caliber, but in my opinion, in a league like this, RBs aren't as important as QBs. Your Wrs are good, I am staying away from Harvin because I think he will check out about mid season. Love Marshall. Without seeing other teams, I'd say thats a potential playoff team.
    Are you ****ing hammered before noon?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Are you ****ing hammered before noon?
    Ha...very hungover and am typing on the phone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Martin will be the 3rd down and redzone back so keep him at flex IMO. You're going to need Marshall and Ryan to really step up there games this year to have a shot. 12 team league so I'd still give it a B but I wouldn't be scared of that team at all. You make fun of you're D and K but that may be what wins you a few games with that team. A lot of high risk for average talent IMO with no real depth. McCoy is the only above average starter you have. Andy doesn't run a lot though and you'll see like 4-6 games where he gets like 10 carries. Andy will kill you a few weeks and they are also looking at game vs Balt, Pitts, and Cinci. Good run D teams did stop him last year. Well all but the JETS but I never really bought into our run D last year. Andy is also the only coach in football that doesn't run when they have a lead. People forget Westy had over 1200 once he just was better in the passing game so his value sustained better. Just don't expect McCoy to carry you every week is the bottom line. Really think he gives his owners a headache this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    - 6 points/touchdown however it's scored.
    - (-2) for fumble or int.
    - regular 12 team snake; no PPR or keeper.
    - 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1Def.

Controlled Chaos:

1. (2) Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
    2. (23) Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
    3. (26) Greg Jennings (GB - WR)
    4. (47) Doug Martin (TB - RB)
    5. (50) Eric Decker (Den - WR)
    6. (71) Brandon Pettigrew (Det - TE)
    7. (74) Willis McGahee (Den - RB)
    8. (95) Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR)
    9. (98) Isaac Redman (Pit - RB)
    10. (119) Green Bay (GB - DEF)
    11. (122) Nate Washington (Ten - WR)