Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Could Powell be #2 Back?

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    True, but it happens so why just say it cant here?
    What do you mean by can't? What can't happen?

  2. #42
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Those work.

    And Baker, who I thought had a chance looks like a total JAG so far.

    Point is you should get why instead of just arguing.
    Baker a JAG? LOL. I don't think you'd get 10% of the board to agree with that.

    And considering he was an UDFA and not a 4th round pick, I think he's proven a lot more than Powell ever will. If nothing else, Baker is a solid ST's guy.

  3. #43
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What do you mean by can't? What can't happen?
    I think he's on meds today.

    His sentences are jacked up.

  4. #44
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why can't you learn how to read?

    I never said he was good or bad.

    it has to be hard to debate when you're illiterate.
    You don't have to explicitly say it.

    Your never-ending defense of ANY player or COACH on the current team is proof enough of where you stand. You can never say a player is not good. You defend everyone and everything as if you have a personal stake in each person's future.

    And when all else fails, you make **** up. And when I or someone else provide links to prove otherwise, you disappear.

    For example, your:

    1) "No players on the Jets supported Braylon Edwards after his DUI."

    2) "There was no evidence that Santonio Holmes quit on the team in 2011."

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You don't have to explicitly say it.

    Your never-ending defense of ANY player or COACH on the current team is proof enough of where you stand. You can never say a player is not good. You defend everyone and everything as if you have a personal stake in each person's future.

    And when all else fails, you make **** up. And when I or someone else provide links to prove otherwise, you disappear.

    For example, your:

    1) "No players on the Jets supported Braylon Edwards after his DUI."

    2) "There was no evidence that Santonio Holmes quit on the team in 2011."
    Shut up already.

    You're clueless and now you're just making it up and accusing me of it because you're too stupid to read. And too full of yourself to admit that you're wrong.

    Go do you're stupid argue at all cost schtick with someone else. Friggen idiot.

    you put two true statements up.

    Here's a third, you're an ass who just likes a fight, no matter how bloody you get.

  6. #46
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Shut up already.

    You're clueless and now you're just making it up and accusing me of it because you're too stupid to read. And too full of yourself to admit that you're wrong.

    Go do you're stupid argue at all cost schtick with someone else. Friggen idiot.

    you put two true statements up.

    Here's a third, you're an ass who just likes a fight, no matter how bloody you get.
    LOL. Dude I think you need another drink or something.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell can block. He'll be the third down back for that reason alone. Let's hope he can do some other positive things as well.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't buy that at all.

    It's been proven time and time again that RB's make the easiest transition to the pro game.Either you have it, or you don't.
    Tiki Barber say hi..

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Tiki Barber say hi..
    Tiki always had talent, just fumbled a lot so wasn't given many opportunities early.

    Comparing tiki to powell is laughable.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Tiki always had talent, just fumbled a lot so wasn't given many opportunities early.

    Comparing tiki to powell is laughable.
    No thinking I was comparing them is laughable.. Not all players RB's included shine right away.. McKNight puked in a OTA and was immediately labeled a bust.. The Giants had Tyrone Wheatley their first rd pick in 95 still on the team in Tiki's rookie year plus a older Rodney Hampton..

  11. #51
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything is possible...won't be surprised if Ducasse gets a shot at RG before mid-season.

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Baker a JAG? LOL. I don't think you'd get 10% of the board to agree with that.

    And considering he was an UDFA and not a 4th round pick, I think he's proven a lot more than Powell ever will. If nothing else, Baker is a solid ST's guy.
    Wow, what you and a few think on this board will go a long way. He's a scrub.

    And more than Powell ever will.

    What else can you see in that crystal ball?

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    For real, am I missing something? He has done nothing in preseason that resembles a starting RB.
    This. I am actually finding it hard he makes the team. Coming from a guy that didn't want to draft a RB in the 1st 5 rounds I'm ready to bring in a guy who gets cut the next 2 week. If Indy get MJD I am all for picking up Delone Carter or Mewelde Moore.

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Powell can block. He'll be the third down back for that reason alone. Let's hope he can do some other positive things as well.
    LT's blocking was underrated. the jets need a rb who can throw a block and then go into the flat, catch a pass and run 5 yards for a first down. if powell can do that he has value. as of now he hasn't shown anything other than in practice. i'd say if he doesn't show it soon he's not gonna stick.

  15. #55
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Wow, what you and a few think on this board will go a long way. He's a scrub.

    And more than Powell ever will.

    What else can you see in that crystal ball?
    I actually watch players and evaluate them.

    I was here last pre-season saying that Baker needed to get more reps when many here, yourself included, were saying he was a JAG. Of course, you're still saying that. Probably because you know I was high on him and you do your best to try and prove me wrong.

    Well, since then, Sparano became our OC. Sparano likes to use an H-back.

    Enter Josh Baker. The New York Jets #1 H-back. He's also very good on ST. He'll be used as a TE. He'll be used as a FB. He has versatility. Powell has JAG written all over him. If I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to say so after the season is over.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us