Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Patriots have less talent than the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    And I have been saying for years: Screw Brady! A great passrush will plant him into the ground! he will not be able to throw while on his back! I trust REX addressed the passrush to his satisfaction. We have yet to see much of anything re gameplanning by REX et al.

I watched Brady last night get pummeled by the Bucs. He looked mortal. The Gi-aints have humbled him too with a passrush! Its what we do that counts! If we generate a great passrush, we can and will crush the Patriots! Brady gets timid in the face of a ferocious passrush!
    All QBs, Brady included, need time to throw and are average without it.

I've been watching Brady and the Pats since day one, and the truth is that Brady can take a pretty good hit. He hangs in there to make a throw ,even when he knows he's going to take a shot. If he had a bigger body type, like Peyton Manning, he could probably handle almost any hit. He's taken some big ones.

The Pats lose games when they get pass happy, especially against teams like the Giants, with a stronger pass defense. It's been my belief since the dynastic early days that it's the team that runs the ball, successful or not, that has the best chance to burn teams with passes. The latest version of the Pats is proof of that theory, even with the rule changes that were made to help the passing game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    That's wrong now, TX. That's exactly the kind of pass rush that Coples generates.

So, basically 1 player. LOL. Actually Ellis has shown gap pressure up the middle as well. Only problem is that all you have to do is run a draw type play and he won't play gap at the NT position again.
    So with the addition of Coples, the Jets now have a DLine pass rush like the Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsplumber View Post
    stop drinking the green koolaid

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So with the addition of Coples, the Jets now have a DLine pass rush like the Giants?
    I didn't say that, exaggerator of words.

It's a start. Something they didn't have before.

All League
    I'll take Brady and 10 high school players over our team.

Anyone notice that the mods ignore these threads?

Think about why...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post

I've been watching Brady and the Pats since day one, and the truth is that Brady can take a pretty good hit. He hangs in there to make a throw ,even when he knows he's going to take a shot. If he had a bigger body type, like Peyton Manning, he could probably handle almost any hit. He's taken some big ones.

The Pats lose games when they get pass happy, especially against teams like the Giants, with a stronger pass defense. It's been my belief since the dynastic early days that it's the team that runs the ball, successful or not, that has the best chance to burn teams with passes. The latest version of the Pats is proof of that theory, even with the rule changes that were made to help the passing game.
    The older he gets, the less shots he will want to absorb. He looked like crap against Tampa the other night. he was wacked around pretty good and looked like he wanted out of there forthwith. I think he better get used to absorbing big shots on a routine basis. The Bills, Jets and Dolphins can do a good job of hitting him and harassing him.

All League
    The older he gets, the less shots he will want to absorb. He looked like crap against Tampa the other night. he was wacked around pretty good and looked like he wanted out of there forthwith. I think he better get used to absorbing big shots on a routine basis. The Bills, Jets and Dolphins can do a good job of hitting him and harassing him.
    For any veteran like Brady, I would take their preseason appearance with a grain of salt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    For any veteran like Brady, I would take their preseason appearance with a grain of salt.
    No problem. Try discounting the wacking araound he got! The older he gets the more those shots linger! its not about his job performance because Id agree with you it being preseason. I am referring to him taking hard shots! There is just so much a body can take.

However, I see that Pats fans love to cite Sanchez' stats in preseason!

Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    Think that there's any truth to this?

Rob Gronkowski is concerned about the offense's lack of chemistry so far this preseason.

"We’re not playing well as a unit," said Gronkowski. "...We have to go out and get our chemistry down as an offense in practice. That’s where it starts." Although the brakes should be pumped a bit on the comparisons to the 2007 offense, the Patriots will remain as one of the game's offensive powerhouses as long as Tom Brady is under center.

Source: Boston Herald Aug 26 - 11:15 AM
    They usually figure things out, but it's strange to hear.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Anyone notice that the mods ignore these threads?

Think about why...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post

GFY...... 90 percent of Current PATS fans couldn't find Foxbore before 2001 .

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rigger View Post
    more pathetic is calling someone else a troll but when someone calls you out... aww you get butt-hurt
    LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Loser24yearoldJetFan View Post
    QB-Id honestly take a Tebow Sanchez combo over Brady, because of their youth and athlticism.
    HB-Greene over their crap
    WR-Holmes, Hill, Kerley, and Schillenz over their crap
    TE-They got us beat
    OL-We got some great depth here now that Hunter is a backup

DL-We own them
    LB- We own them
    Secondary we own them

Rex is also a better coach than Bellichick.

Username pretty much nails it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Username pretty much nails it.
    That has to be a joke.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I didn't say that, exaggerator of words.

It's a start. Something they didn't have before.
    No problem, but right now Coples has as many NFL sacks as Vernon Gholston.

Let's see how the season plays out.

There's no question that many of us Pats fans are worried about the pressure that Brady is under now. Anyone who isn't concerned about the OL is kidding himself. Hopefully, Dante Scarnecchia will perform his usual magic and have them playing better soon. For me personally, I'm hoping they run the ball more. That will take some of the heat off of Brady too.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    GFY...... 90 percent of Current PATS fans couldn't find Foxbore before 2001 .
    Speaking of 2001, that was the year I took my youngest son to a Pats game in your neck of the woods, Charlotte, for the last game of the year. It was an incredible feeling to be with my son in NC, taking over the stadium with thousands of Pats fans and chanting J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets, hoping they would beat Oakland so we could get one last home game at the old stadium. Everything fell into place that day.

no twitter at work

but schefty was on Mike and Mike and stated that PATS just inked hernandez to long term deal
    no details

man i hope landry is a long term solution for us

Rookie
    Hernandez signed through 2018. Patriot TE's will be around for another 5-6 years. Fells gets to compete with Ballard next season unless they move Hernandez to WR/HB and keep Gronk, Fells and Ballard as TE's.