Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Friday Preseason Games Thread

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Man, the texans can really run the ball. We should have plucked somebody off kubiaks staff to run our offense.

We hired sparano whos offense was terrible in miami. Makes no sense.

Its really depressing watching this saints/texans game. These teams know how to move the ball.
    You're depressed a lot huh? We have a much better record than the Texans over the last three years. You would hate everything whether or not we got someone from his staff. We all know that taking people from a successful team's staff works every time. We got someone from Parcell's staff. You're very happy with that. The Saints got Brees which was total luck. I'm sure you were all over how stupid the Jets were for not trading for him at the time. They deserve it after a lifetime of futility. The season hasn't started yet. Most of our receivers haven't even seen the field yet. Btw neither the Saints nor the Texans had any luck moving the ball against our defense, and it's much improved on the line, and the safeties.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post

We have a much better record than the Texans over the last three years.
    Really? A much better record?

Over the last 3 years, the Texans are 25-23 while the Jets are 28-20.

Also, the Texans accomplished something last year the Jets have been unable to do for more than a decade.

They actually won their division.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    That won't work against the Jets anyway.
    Ummm, what won't work against the Jets?

In case you missed it, the Pats averaged 34 points a game against the Jets supposedly great defense last year.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

In case you missed it, the Pats averaged 34 points a game against the Jets supposedly great defense last year.
    This is a new year. The Jets have the best defense in the division. Landry and Bell should be a huge upgrade at safety.

Really? A much better record?

Over the last 3 years, the Texans are 25-23 while the Jets are 28-20.

Also, the Texans accomplished something last year the Jets have been unable to do for more than a decade.

They actually won their division.
    Come on TX. They went 10-6 last year. The Jets went 11-5 in 2010.

The Texans won their division because Manning didn't play and they don't share a division with the most consistently successful team of the last decade.

The Jets underachieved last year. The Texans underachieved for a solid 3-4 years before winning their cupcake division last year.

All League

Throwing the ball deep. In case you missed it, the Pats changed their receiving personnel because they couldn't go deep against the Jets. And Revis shuts down much better receivers than Lloyd.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The Jets underachieved last year. The Texans underachieved for a solid 3-4 years before winning their cupcake division last year.
    I totally agree.

You've officially begun to bore me.

One Comment I'm going to make is sometime you get a player in free agency and you have no idea what your front office was thinking. They didn't look that impressive with their old team. You put them in a totally different scheme and they look like they are going to be huge impact player.

One such player is SSlb Philip wheeler . His skills look like they were underutilized in the Colts cover two defense. IN the Raiders more aggressive defense this guy is one of the most important players on their defense. He can support against The run, he very good in coverage and is a better pass rusher than he shown with the colts.(never was given chance as they used him more in coverage)

So you can't always judge a player what he shown so far. The system just might not have been as good fit for his talent. So if Jets sign someone who teams cut, you just never know what your going to get.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-26-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What I just read is one person having a respectful discussion and another person using expletives and personal attacks.

Oh to be immune. Those naked pics from the mod lounge are worth their weight in gold.
    Exactly.

Ray Ray can't handle anyone disagreeing with him without resorting to name-calling and personal attacks. And then JetNuts jumps on his nutsack.

Nothing I said was disrespectful but these two clowns can't handle facts without getting their panties in a bunch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    More piggybacking

More thread derailing

More self-aggrandizing agenda

More clamoring for somebody to be banned

Nicely done, all in one posts, and all things you profess to hate when others do it!

You derailed this thread with your hate and name-calling.

Why you haven't been banned this summer is shocking.

All League
    Watching niners at broncos. Manning's arm looks weaker, very little zip on his passes.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Watching niners at broncos. Manning's arm looks weaker, very little zip on his passes.
    That TD pass looked pretty good.

Amazing how the Broncos look on offense without Tebow. They seem to be picking up the system quickly.

All League
    That TD pass looked pretty good.

Amazing how the Broncos look on offense without Tebow. They seem to be picking up the system quickly.
    Yeah he looked a lot better that second drive, and took a prett nasty hit and got right back up. The TD pass was nice

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah he looked a lot better that second drive, and took a prett nasty hit and got right back up. The TD pass was nice
    Manning never had a huge arm. He had an NFL caliber arm and was extremely accurate.

Just tossed another TD. Beautiful throw.

Jets Insider VIP
    Manning never had a huge arm. He had an NFL caliber arm and was extremely accurate.

I don't think Decker had control and both feet in.

I thought they reviewed all scoring plays?

All League

Yeah he never had a cannon but some of those short passes on the first drive seemed to be in the air for a long time. Second TD pass was right on the money

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah he never had a cannon but some of those short passes on the first drive seemed to be in the air for a long time. Second TD pass was right on the money
    Hes getting old. Takes a little longer to get the gun warmed up.

What will be interesting is seeing him playing outside in Denver late in the season in the elements. Right now it is warm out and he can stay nice and loose.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't think Decker had control and both feet in.

I thought they reviewed all scoring plays?
    To be honest, on the replay I wasn't paying attention to the ball. But he got both feet in for sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    To be honest, on the replay I wasn't paying attention to the ball. But he got both feet in for sure.
    I thought he was still bobbling the ball and right foot wasn't in once he gained control.

But why no automatic review?