Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 128

Thread: Friday Preseason Games Thread

  1. #41
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I can give a crap about the score of a pre-season game, the starters aren't playing a lot, and they aren't running real plays and sheming what the offense will do in the regular season.

    Brady and the Pats' starters didn't even play in their last game, and they looked like complete **** in the first game too, yet only Jets fans are jumping out of buildings because the Jets haven't scored a TD.

    And don't tell me what to do, the Pats looked like hot garbage in the most meaningful pre-season game, the dress rehearsal, against a mediocre team that is also going through a coaching regime change. If that were the Jets last night, this board, talk radio, fans would be livid demanding firing and cutting of every damn coach and player on the team, so save it.
    So what does it mean when Rex Ryan himself says that he's concerned about the overall play of the team?

  2. #42
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And half of those numbers were against the Buc scrubs.

    I watched the game you jackass, they looked like ****.

    The pick 6 was a bad pass, period, it was thrown into triple coverage

    The Pats looked like hot garbage on both sides of the ball

    The point was not so much what the Pats did, but if the Jets had performed that way, there would be many here that would be screaming their chicken little asses off.

    And I told you to STFU
    You are something.

    We can only manage 3 FG's in two games and you're trying to diminish a rival team that scores 28 points in a losing effort?

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So what does it mean when Rex Ryan himself says that he's concerned about the overall play of the team?
    He said he wasn't happy after a practice this week.

    He should be concerned, team needs to improve in several areas.

    No problem with fans being concerned, just as Pats fans should be concerned.

    But to take it to a level to start crying about cutting players and firing coaches, that's dumb.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You are something.

    We can only manage 3 FG's in two games and you're trying to diminish a rival team that scores 28 points in a losing effort?
    You just can't help yourself...

    Did you even watch the game? The Pats put up 3 garbage time TD's in the last quarter of the game against the Buc scrubs... So you were impressed by the Pats showing last night? Interesting to know...

  5. #45
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You just can't help yourself...

    Did you even watch the game? The Pats put up 3 garbage time TD's in the last quarter of the game against the Buc scrubs... So you were impressed by the Pats showing last night? Interesting to know...
    Yes I am concerned.

    Our #2 QB couldn't get the ball into the EZ against our opponent's scrubs.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Yes I am concerned.

    Our #2 QB couldn't get the ball into the EZ against our opponent's scrubs.
    Our #2 QB played with scrubs, that matters too..

    I look for ball movement, chemistry, communication, and a performance where the team seems to be executing well, players are running routes, making catches, blocking, and some individual players stand out, and each stand out in flashes.

    It's extremely difficult to evaluate a pre-season game where players are being evaluated, the playbook is being tested, and everything is being run with a mindset of getting ready for the season.

    To this day, I don't know why fans get so wrapped up in game scores in the pre-season.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-25-2012 at 03:06 PM.

  7. #47
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Our #2 QB played with scrubs, that matters too..

    I look for ball movement, chemistry, communication, and a performance where the team seems to be executing well, players are running routes, making catches, blocking, and some individual players stand out, and each stand out in flashes.

    It's extremely difficult to evaluate a pre-season game where players are being evaluated, the playbook is being tested, and everything is being run with a mindset of getting ready for the season.

    To this day, I don't know why fans get so wrapped up in game scores in the pre-season.
    Wow.

    Your excuses never end.

    And who do other teams's #2 QB's play with?


  8. #48
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He said he wasn't happy after a practice this week.

    He should be concerned, team needs to improve in several areas.

    No problem with fans being concerned, just as Pats fans should be concerned.

    But to take it to a level to start crying about cutting players and firing coaches, that's dumb.
    Would you like me to post his comments after the Giants game?

    It's not just this week's practice.

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wow.

    Your excuses never end.

    And who do other teams's #2 QB's play with?

    It's not an excuse you jackass

    You said you were concerned about our #2 QB not getting a score, he's playing with a bunch of players that may not even make the team and guys who will be role players and back-ups, or in the case of players like Hill, rookies who are still feeling their way, this all matters, and, it's pre-season.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Would you like me to post his comments after the Giants game?

    It's not just this week's practice.
    Did you feel left out? Tx is back posting again, after his 100th something banning for trolling, DDNY loves to piggy back, and you wanted some of the action?

    Another thread derailment due to baseless semantics arguing.

    My point stands.

    If the Jets played the Bucs last night and liked like the Pats did, this fanbase would be jumping off of buildings, begging for an entire regime change.

    Jets fans, those that act like this, suck

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,525
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Pats and Phins look like crap, Brady has a pick 6, where is the media to spew their garbage?

    Where's the outrage? How can the Pats look so bad? The media and their fans have them going 16-0.

    Where are the Pats trolls?

    If the Jets looked this bad, it would already be ESPN's #1 story, and this board would have thrown up all over themselves, and each other.

    That Amukamura injury didn't look good.
    It's pretty common knowledge that the DOlphins are going to be terrible this season, furthermore, they are playing with a rookie QB. The Patriots have won 10+ games for the last decade, and 8 division titles. They have a lot more leeway.

    Also, both teams have actually scored touchdowns this preseason. Something the Jets have not done. The Jets are last in every single offensive category this preseason (Points Per Game, Yards Per Game, 3rd Down Success %, 3rd Downs Converted) and their starting offense has been the worst part of their offense.

    No team has been as bad as the Jets on offense this preseason, and it's not even close.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Pats and Phins look like crap, Brady has a pick 6, where is the media to spew their garbage?

    Where's the outrage? How can the Pats look so bad? The media and their fans have them going 16-0.

    Where are the Pats trolls?

    If the Jets looked this bad, it would already be ESPN's #1 story, and this board would have thrown up all over themselves, and each other.

    That Amukamura injury didn't look good.
    so, the pats didn't look good last night.What is the issue? I don't have an issue with the game. Solder looked better than the previous game, still not up to snuff but two more weeks of practice, Volmer is back off pup and Waters will be back from his vacation this week.

    Defense did not look bad, again better than the week before. They only gave up 150 yds in the air (100yds 1st string in almost 3 qtr) and most of that was in the first drive.

    Brady's int was a batted ball that went into Barrons hands. Good play by him

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    so, the pats didn't look good last night.What is the issue? I don't have an issue with the game. Solder looked better than the previous game, still not up to snuff but two more weeks of practice, Volmer is back off pup and Waters will be back from his vacation this week.

    Defense did not look bad, again better than the week before. They only gave up 150 yds in the air (100yds 1st string in almost 3 qtr) and most of that was in the first drive.

    Brady's int was a batted ball that went into Barrons hands. Good play by him
    Why bother?

  14. #54
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It's not an excuse you jackass

    You said you were concerned about our #2 QB not getting a score, he's playing with a bunch of players that may not even make the team and guys who will be role players and back-ups, or in the case of players like Hill, rookies who are still feeling their way, this all matters, and, it's pre-season.
    And here comes the angry elf with his name-calling.

    You missed the point that other #2's QB's on other teams also play with those same type of players and yet they are able to put points on the board.

    How do you explain that? Oh that's right. We're all vanilla. They're not.

  15. #55
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Did you feel left out? Tx is back posting again, after his 100th something banning for trolling, DDNY loves to piggy back, and you wanted some of the action?

    Another thread derailment due to baseless semantics arguing.

    My point stands.

    If the Jets played the Bucs last night and liked like the Pats did, this fanbase would be jumping off of buildings, begging for an entire regime change.

    Jets fans, those that act like this, suck
    Wake up Ray!!!

    The Jets offense has serious issues!!!

  16. #56
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    It's pretty common knowledge that the DOlphins are going to be terrible this season, furthermore, they are playing with a rookie QB. The Patriots have won 10+ games for the last decade, and 8 division titles. They have a lot more leeway.

    Also, both teams have actually scored touchdowns this preseason. Something the Jets have not done. The Jets are last in every single offensive category this preseason (Points Per Game, Yards Per Game, 3rd Down Success %, 3rd Downs Converted) and their starting offense has been the worst part of their offense.

    No team has been as bad as the Jets on offense this preseason, and it's not even close.
    Some posters delude themselves into thinking everything will be okay because the team that has owned our division for the last 10 years didn't play perfectly in a pre-eason game ignoring the fact that OUR team could possibly have the worst offense in the NFL.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Some posters delude themselves into thinking everything will be okay because the team that has owned our division for the last 10 years didn't play perfectly in a pre-eason game ignoring the fact that OUR team could possibly have the worst offense in the NFL.
    And some posters are too naive, and many look at their team with tunnel vision, and assume that things are only bad with their team.

    The Pats have been just as bad if not worse than the Jets, and I'm talking about both sides of the ball.

    The Pats aren't installing a new offense, yet they looked abysmal in the most important game of the pre-season, the dress rehearsal, in pre-season terms, it's the game that all teams play into the 3rd quarter, game plan a little, make adjustments, and despite still not doing any real game planning, they are doing some things they will do during the regular season.

    The Pats are media darlings every year, and the same media wonder if the Pats will lose a game this year, and they looked like COMPLETE crap. That puts a lot of what the Jets have done so far into perspective. The pats shouldn't look as bad, not with all of their supposed weapons and a HOF QB. Alas, they did.

    And none of my posts have anything to do with the Jets issues, once again, you need to take an argument and make it about how I think everything Jets is just peaches.

    You really are an ass.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-25-2012 at 04:18 PM.

  18. #58
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And some posters are too naive, and many look at their team with tunnel vision, and assume that things are only bad with their team.

    The Pats have been just as bad if not worse than the Jets, and I'm talking about both sides of the ball.

    The Pats aren't installing a new offense, yet they looked abysmal in the most important game of the pre-season, the dress rehearsal, in pre-season terms, it's the game that all teams play into the 3rd quarter, game plan a little, make adjustments, and despite still not doing any real game planning, they are doing some things they will do during the regular season.

    The Pats are media darlings every year, and the same media wonder if the Pats will lose a game this year, and they looked like COMPLETE crap. That puts a lot of what the Jets have done so far into perspective. The pats shouldn't look as bad, not with all of their supposed weapons and a HOF QB. Alas, they did.

    And none of my posts have anything to do with the Jets issues, once again, you need to take an argument and make it about how I think everything Jets is just peaches.

    You really are an ass.
    So, in other words, when you're not here to tell us all how great all of our players and coaches are and how great our GM is, you're here to tell us that other teams suck.

    I got it.

    Whatever makes your world turn.

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So, in other words, when you're not here to tell us all how great all of our players and coaches are and how great our GM is, you're here to tell us that other teams suck.

    I got it.

    Whatever makes your world turn.
    Yet another thread where you have no real point, no real position, just another platform to create a baseless argument.

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,720
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yet another thread where you have no real point, no real position, just another platform to create a baseless argument.

    Arguing for no reason? Without making a point?

    Jordy?

    Nah.

    His biggest argument is that you like too many players. Until you don't like a player he gets wet over. Then you're clueless as he is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us