Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Questions you would like one candidate to ask the other candidate in a debate

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Appreciate the reply my friend, it's been a while since you and I have conversed in here, and (sadly) my memory isn't what it used to be as to every posters backstory after all these years. Although I certainly recall we've engaged before here in the past.

If you don't mind another question, who are you leaning towards in 2012, and why?

As for the smart guys, I never tire of reading Doggin's thoughts in here. Same for Winston and Tater as well, and Bitonti (sadly abscenet in here of late) and Parafly and Piney from a more Left-leaning persepctive.
    Couldn't agree more on the 'smart list', though your boy patata is wearing me out lately

I think that Romney had feelings very similar to mine on a number of issues almost right up until the day he decided to run for office. So part of me could say "well, it's just for the campaign, hopefully he'll revert if elected" - but I think we know now, that he won't do that, because until a president is elected a second term, they're still running for office. So I can't vote for Romney. I dislike both the flip, and where he now stands on most of these issues. I like what I've heard re: his thinking on the auto bailout, but his criticism of the economic stimulus package months after he supported it runs much like his mandate/no mandate on healthcare, altered to fit his In that manner, he's John McCain (2004 v. 2008) and John Kerry all over again.

So as it stands now, I'm practically at polar opposites socially with 'presidential candidate' Romney. And, in broad strokes, and from what I recall, I don't like his stances on education, gun control, the environment, Bush tax cuts, and taxes in general, healthcare reform and Iraq, where i don't think anything we do well lead to long-term democracy there, and I think we should never have been there.

And if anyone is going to tell me they're going to cut taxes and spending, you have to enumerate where, and how much, for it to mean anything.

So it's Obama for me, in the hopes that he'll be better in a second term, and in many ways I think he can be.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Because the topic isn't the military, and to call the military "good" or "bad" is just too simplistic for words.
    Right, the topic was spending tax dollars on things you don't believe in, and in your case, you don't want your tax dollars spent on killing innocent people, so I asked if spending your tax dollars on the military was OK with you. And if that takes more than a yes or no, then it kind of supports my point, you can't go down the road of picking and choosing what each person's taxes support, because it gets pretty narrow and complicated, and each taxpayer would have their own personal 10,000 page tax code.
    Last edited by isired; 08-29-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    ...he's John McCain (2004 v. 2008) and John Kerry all over again...
    Exactly what I have said.

The man is a phony. He is a real life Troy McCLure...

To get back to the OPs topic:

I would like to see both candidates asked where they would compromise to balance the budget, to help with the debt, where in their own party's platform would they cut some fat.

wouldn't happen, but it would be nice to get them on record saying where they would go up against their own party....

So it's Obama for me, in the hopes that he'll be better in a second term, and in many ways I think he can be.
    "When somebody does not do the job, we gotta let 'em go."

- Clint Eastwood

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post

- Clint Eastwood
    Is that how you voted in 2004? Because it's 2004 all over again, but on the flip side. And we were far better off in November 2000 than the handoff in 2008.

To put it in Jets terms, it's 1995, Pete Carroll was a promising candidate that had a dismal 1994 season, and you want to hit Rich Kotite.
    Last edited by isired; 08-30-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post

- Clint Eastwood
    I thought Clint was a liberal shrill for doing that car commercial.....

is he off the naughty list now?

Is that how you voted in 2004? Because it's 2004 all over again, but on the flip side. And we were far better off in November 2000 than the handoff in 2008.

To put it in Jets terms, it's 1995, Pete Carroll was a promising candidate that had a dismal 1994 season, and you want to hit Rich Kotite.
    When somebody does not do the job, we gotta let 'em go.

Quote Originally Posted by piney
    I thought Clint was a liberal shrill for doing that car commercial.....

is he off the naughty list now?
    When somebody does not do the job, we gotta let 'em go.

-------------

John Boehner: Joe Biden-Paul Ryan debate will be ‘greatest show on the planet’

The Won and Done, gentlemen, the fat dirtbag Michael Moore is saying it too: "get used to saying President Romney" ... he never said "get used to saying President McCain".