Thread: Jets cut to 80 before third preseason game

Jets Insider VIP

Jets cut to 80 before third preseason game

Most teams make their first roster cuts after the third preseason game. The Jets decided to follow the advice of Lee Corso and trim the squad to 80, a day before hosting the Panthers on NBC’s Sunday Night Football.

Gone are receiver Dexter Jackson (Gantt is quietly weeping into a tobacco leaf), guard Terrence Campbell, long snapper Derek Chard, defensive tackle Matt Hardison, cornerback LeQuan Lewis, safety Marcus Lott, and receiver Raymond Webber.

A second-round pick in 2008, Jackson has bounced from Tampa to Carolina to the Virginia Destroyers of the UFL to the Jets.

Jackson played in neither of the Jets’ preseason games, and for his career he has appeared in only seven NFL regular-season games, with no receptions. He returned 14 kickoffs and 20 punts as a rookie in Tampa.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...reseason-game/
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 08-25-2012 at 11:36 AM.

I can't say any of these shock me. I like Jackson but he hasn't looked good out there. Webber I thought had a shot at the PS but couldn't stay healthy I guess.

All Pro
    Somebody please satisfy my curiousity isn't Marcus Lott the son
    of former great SS Ronnie Lott?

guess they're making room to sign guys who get cut from other teams. Hopefully a servicable RT will be among them

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Somebody please satisfy my curiousity isn't Marcus Lott the son
    of former great SS Ronnie Lott?
    No not to my knowledge. Ryan Nece was though.